Add The Hag Weapon For The Clans

72 replies to this topic

#1 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

Give the clans their own very unique and powerful automatic weapon, more powerful but heavier than the rotaries.

I present to you the Hyper Assault Gauss rifle, with 3 variations including the HAG-20, HAG-30 and HAG-40.

Posted Image

From Sarna:

The Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle is a variation on the Gauss Rifle developed by Clan Hell's Horses in 3068. Hoping to stay ahead of the increasing technological curve, they apparently used similar design principles to the Lyran Alliance's Heavy Gauss Rifle. To compensate for its drawbacks, however, Horse scientists used a series of capacitors and launching tubes to fire a multitude of smaller-caliber Gauss slugs. The resulting high rate of fire, akin almost to Rotary Autocannons, made these weapons very effective against battle armor and Combat Vehicles.

Some specs:

HAG-20
Weight: 10 tons
Damage: 1 per slug
Slots: 6

HAG-30
Weight: 13
Slots: 8

HAG-40
Weight: 16 tons
Slots: 10

I guess the rate of fire is up to PGI and balancing, but I could imagine this would be an extremely powerful weapon and clans are really lacking in ballistics anyway. I don't see how this could be implemented with good velocity, range and fire rate without being OP so I'm open to conjecture.

I think it should have a cone of fire that slowly grows the longer it's been shooting but have an insane rate of fire, therefor it can be balanced. Also apparently they're supposed to run a little hot so maybe heat penalties.

I'm also assuming the only difference between 20, 30 and 40 classifications is the fire rate. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's time to give the clans a unique ballistic.

Edited by Dont LRM me please, 16 February 2018 - 01:49 PM.

#2 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Sounds like fun.

#3 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

Honestly, in TT the uses the cluster hit tables, with the 40 rolling twice on the chart for 20, damage is then done in 5 point clusters... I could see PGI treating these like Gauss LB/s, that shoot 4/6/8 5 point pellets to best mimic the TT.. at worst I see them treating these like Gauss RAC/s or full on Gauss LB/s....

Though Gauss LB/s might not be that bad, as the IS could finally get our Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle...

#4 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 February 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

Honestly, in TT the uses the cluster hit tables, with the 40 rolling twice on the chart for 20, damage is then done in 5 point clusters... I could see PGI treating these like Gauss LB/s, that shoot 4/6/8 5 point pellets to best mimic the TT.. at worst I see them treating these like Gauss RAC/s or full on Gauss LB/s....

Though Gauss LB/s might not be that bad, as the IS could finally get our Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle...

Yeah but hat would be far less fun. Make the weapon require stareing but give it good dps and velocity. And as for clustering, maybe make it inaccurate or my suggestion, cone of fire the longer you shoot it.

Edited by Dont LRM me please, 16 February 2018 - 01:54 PM.

#5 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 February 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

Hell no. I'd rather it be more like a gauss laser with duration instead of spread. Spread would suck.

#6 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 16 February 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Hell no. I'd rather it be more like a gauss laser with duration instead of spread. Spread would suck.

Well, it would spread over time, not necessarily right away, and it would have very high DPS so it wouldn't suck. Or maybe give it lower DPS, pinpoint accuracy and insanely high velocity. I dunno.

#7 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

I mean the weapon pretty potent, but it's gonna act like a mrm (or some type of stream fire ballistic) with charge up with all them having the optimal range of 720m, and the HAG 20 gonna be the best one of the three since it have the same slots as a c-Guass and tonnage of an c-UAC 10.

The whole weapon system as a whole personally be a mix bag depending how they be implemented.

#8 FunkyT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAt the Front, overextending, with no support

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

You had me at "Horse Scientists".

But yeah. If it's Dakka, just put it in here.
Don't matter what it is as long as it goes Boom.
You name it, I boat it Posted Image

#9 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 16 February 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

I mean the weapon pretty potent, but it's gonna act like a mrm (or some type of stream fire ballistic) with charge up with all them having the optimal range of 720m, and the HAG 20 gonna be the best one of the three since it have the same slots as a c-Guass and tonnage of an c-UAC 10.

The whole weapon system as a whole personally be a mix bag depending how they be implemented.

It should be like how it is in MW:LL, insanely high rate of fire (at least for the 40), high velocity. It's something this game has never seen before. And MRMs have plenty of spread and they do not suck at all, so the HAG could still have a chance with a little bit of spread.

#10 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

View PostFunkyT, on 16 February 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

You had me at "Horse Scientists".

Posted Image

#11 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

Anyone here ever play Halo 5? There's a vehicle in the game that has a charge-up to fire a burst of 'Gauss Repeater Fletchettes'. I think the HAGR would operate well like that, if implemented; A Gauss-Charge Up, with a short burst of fire like a Rotary on speed, with different calibers either firing for a longer time or even faster to end in the same duration.

Considering it ends up being depicted as a Rotary Gauss Rifle a lot now...

EDIT; It's also important to note that the HAGR is one of the only weapons on tabletop to actually have a cluster falloff at range. It shouldn't be pinpoint.

Edited by Catten Hart, 16 February 2018 - 02:13 PM.

#12 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:14 PM

Hyper assault goose waffle ftw

#13 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 16 February 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

It should be like how it is in MW:LL, insanely high rate of fire (at least for the 40), high velocity. It's something this game has never seen before. And MRMs have plenty of spread and they do not suck at all, so the HAG could still have a chance with a little bit of spread.

I don't have much game time on LL because it's a ghost town, and I didn't call mrm a bad weapon, I pretty much saying they might act like mrm's depending on the implementation, still my money on 20's seeing they don't eat up slots and or tonnage.

Mix bag of weapons that I'll like to mess with.

#14 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

HAG's function much like a Gauss LB-X that has super good clustering at short range, and equally bad spread at long.

3068. Basically, next timeskip.

#15 FunkyT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAt the Front, overextending, with no support

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 February 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

Hyper assault goose waffle ftw

Delicious Goose Waffles.

Gotta get that linked PPC Ghost Heat in there though, since I'm pretty sure there is a "Gauss" hiding somewhere in those HAGs Posted Image

#16 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:24 PM

Clans should not have to wait until the next time jump to get something new considering how badly they got screwed on new tech last time. microlasers? really?

HAGs should just be added in along with CRACs.

How would they work though?

Like a long-range LB10X with chargeup that fires in 1-4 bursts?

HAG10 = 1 burst
HAG20 = 2 bursts
HAG30 = 3 bursts
HAG40 = 4 bursts

Edited by Khobai, 16 February 2018 - 02:34 PM.

#17 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

Sure, put them in, I want all TT weapons in MWO. I'm not sure how a long range streamed pellet weapon would translate, but let's do it.

Best, most menacing name in Battletech, Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle. Would be a shame if PGI turned them into limp noodles.

#18 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 16 February 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Sure, put them in, I want all TT weapons in MWO. I'm not sure how a long range streamed pellet weapon would translate, but let's do it.

Best, most menacing name in Battletech, Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle. Would be a shame if PGI turned them into limp noodles.

As long as the velocity is high it could be okay, but I'd honestly it rather function a little bit differently to not have overlapping roles. I guess a high damage long range burst is its own thing...

#19 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

i would support this,

as well as Light AC2/5 for IS, perhaps MMLs, and MG Arrays for both Sides, ;)

#20 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 16 February 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

i would support this,

as well as Light AC2/5 for IS, perhaps MMLs, and MG Arrays for both Sides, Posted Image

LAC/2 and LAC/5, PLEASE!!!!

The next thing I want after LAC/5's is an IS Assault with 6B...

Spoiler

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users