15 replies to this topic

#1 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:51 AM

I suggest bringing back the older, smaller maps (caustic, terra, forest, frozen), even if on a temporarily basis during certain times of the year for special events. I've stated all along, there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.. especially now with all these 'range' maps to contrast with those older brawlier maps.. they will actually be a refreshing change.

Another idea is to use those older, smaller maps for 8v8 battles. I'm not suggesting creating a whole new queue (we don't have enough player base to divvy it up any further) but rather if someone is waiting in solo or group queue for 1 minute or so, switch them over to the 8v8 queue where these maps are available for selection. This would hopefully cut down on search times (especially 'group' queue search times which can be bad during certain times of the day).

Just pull the trigger PGI and re-release them is some form or fashion, the players get to vote anyway on which maps to drop on anyway, so what's there to lose? You may be surprised with the results..

#2 H LaWMaN H

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

Yeah :)

#3 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:26 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 19 February 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

I suggest bringing back the older, smaller maps (caustic, terra, forest, frozen), even if on a temporarily basis during certain times of the year for special events. I've stated all along, there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.. especially now with all these 'range' maps to contrast with those older brawlier maps.. they will actually be a refreshing change.

Another idea is to use those older, smaller maps for 8v8 battles. I'm not suggesting creating a whole new queue (we don't have enough player base to divvy it up any further) but rather if someone is waiting in solo or group queue for 1 minute or so, switch them over to the 8v8 queue where these maps are available for selection. This would hopefully cut down on search times (especially 'group' queue search times which can be bad during certain times of the day).

Just pull the trigger PGI and re-release them is some form or fashion, the players get to vote anyway on which maps to drop on anyway, so what's there to lose? You may be surprised with the results..

I would like to see the old maps comeback on a full time basis, maybe 8vs8 on the smaller maps.

#4 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 757 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:37 AM

I agree to this.

But old caustic and old river are so similar they dont really need to be added back in. (Perhaps if you have a lower end PC you will like it)

However, i strongly miss forest colony and forest colony snow.

#5 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:26 AM

View PostWindscape, on 21 February 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

I agree to this.

But old caustic and old river are so similar they dont really need to be added back in. (Perhaps if you have a lower end PC you will like it)

However, i strongly miss forest colony and forest colony snow.

I can see how old and new caustic maps are similiar but the two river cities were significantly different and had a completely different playstyle to them.. the old one really needs to come back..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2018 - 08:28 AM.

#6 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

Remember, those maps were not as refined, but running the old forest colony again with a stealth mech hiding in the water fall in the cave would be a surprise to some one like stealth stalkers and atlases.

Then the fights at the drop ship with lights going into the tunnels or running the Jenner highway

#7 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:21 AM

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 21 February 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Remember, those maps were not as refined, but running the old forest colony again with a stealth mech hiding in the water fall in the cave would be a surprise to some one like stealth stalkers and atlases.

Then the fights at the drop ship with lights going into the tunnels or running the Jenner highway

Good times indeed Posted Image Also on the ground side the map had a lot of cover and space to brawl even without that pesky foliage that I cannot possibly see through. Cannot stand the new map because of it.

#8 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

Old Frozen City...don't particularly care for the big open valley between the two ridges on the new map.

#9 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 757 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:10 PM

View PostBonfor, on 21 February 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

Old Frozen City...don't particularly care for the big open valley between the two ridges on the new map.

Oh i forgot about that. I hate that valley. Its impossible to play domination on it beacuse snipers and mid range can just set up postions everywhere. You have to sit there and take cover in what little cover there is like an earhquake drill.

#10 Spare Parts Bin

• Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

Many of the newer maps are good but how I miss the old ones.

#11 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

This sounds like a good idea to me. Having more maps to cycle through the queue would freshen up the game play.

I actually think that they ought to bring in some of the CW maps to the QP mode. Emerald Taiga, Grim Portico, Hellebore Springs, Sulfurous Rift would all make great QP maps. These all have great terrain, canyons, hills/mountains, and would offer a variety of game play scenarios.

PGI is always saying that they don't have enough resources to build new maps all the time. These maps have 95% of the work already done. All they have to do is make copies of the maps and setup drop points and modes to work on them. Utilizing what has already been created just makes good sense and saves a BUNCH of time.

They could have one of these maps pop into the QP queue and one drop off every month or even every two or three months. This would keep things fresh and give players something to look forward to.

Really can't see any negatives to doing this...

#12 Stitchedup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:59 PM

I would love to see them again but iam pretty sure PGI over wrote all those files when they updated the maps making this impossible.
I personally miss the tunnel in forest colony (and the fact you could engage the enemy pretty fast or risk it all in water push) and even the old fight in the middle of the caldera in Terra thermal ( nostalgia is a dangerous thing)

#13 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

View PostCaptain Grayson Lighthorse, on 07 March 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

This sounds like a good idea to me. Having more maps to cycle through the queue would freshen up the game play.

I actually think that they ought to bring in some of the CW maps to the QP mode. Emerald Taiga, Grim Portico, Hellebore Springs, Sulfurous Rift would all make great QP maps. These all have great terrain, canyons, hills/mountains, and would offer a variety of game play scenarios.

PGI is always saying that they don't have enough resources to build new maps all the time. These maps have 95% of the work already done. All they have to do is make copies of the maps and setup drop points and modes to work on them. Utilizing what has already been created just makes good sense and saves a BUNCH of time.

They could have one of these maps pop into the QP queue and one drop off every month or even every two or three months. This would keep things fresh and give players something to look forward to.

Really can't see any negatives to doing this...

You're logic is truly frightening, I wish a PGI rep could actually see your post and respond on how they feel about it.

#14 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

View PostStitchedup, on 07 March 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

I would love to see them again but iam pretty sure PGI over wrote all those files when they updated the maps making this impossible.
I personally miss the tunnel in forest colony (and the fact you could engage the enemy pretty fast or risk it all in water push) and even the old fight in the middle of the caldera in Terra thermal ( nostalgia is a dangerous thing)

I highly doubt that they overwrote any of those old files. The normal process of creating new content from old is to first make a copy of the old and then work with the new file. This is just common sense and offers them an out in case they totally screw the new file/content up and have to start over again. I would be willing to bet real money that all of those old maps are still very much alive and well setting in their archives. All they would need to do is pull them out and make any needed modifications to make them work with the new game engine that they have built. Should not be that big of a task if they did things right.

#15 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 07 March 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

You're logic is truly frightening, I wish a PGI rep could actually see your post and respond on how they feel about it.

Thank you. Your complement is very much appreciated. Many of the things I see, both in the forums and that PGI talks about, are really not difficult to see a solution for. I think they make things a bit harder than they need to be sometimes.

According to a Twitch video Paul Innouye (I hope I spelled his name right) made, he DOES read every post from the forums and social media. I find that hard to believe just because if he did, that's probably all he would get done and his eyes would be burning out of his head from eye strain. I do think that he may be over burdened with what he has been tasked to do and made gun shy by making changes and having them blow up in his face. He seems to be very afraid to make any serious changes to the game (other than nerfs here and there) and I think this is going to hurt the game. I think a re-alignment of some of the mediums, heavies, and assaults need to take place in order to get things back on track (the lights are already there). But, that's an entirely different discussion, so I'll leave it at that.

Perhaps someone at PGI will read through some of the posts here in the forums. I hope they do because I've seen some really good ideas from several posters that would be really nice to have in the game. Right now I think PGI's only focus is Solaris. Once they are done with that, maybe then we can get some of this other stuff done to help the game.

Thanks again for your compliment.

Regards,

Edited by Captain Grayson Lighthorse, 07 March 2018 - 05:17 PM.

#16 Spare Parts Bin

• Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

Old Maps plus 8x8 solves alot of PGI's problems.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users