**** You

28 replies to this topic

#21 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:10 AM

JohnnyWayne, if others are filling the comms with useless chatter, you can either ask them to keep the comms clear for combat, or mute them. Other than that, not a whole lot you can do about it. If it bothers you to the point you become toxic to other players, especially ones that aren't needlessly chatting, maybe you just need a break.

I know what it's like to have people chatting about stuff unrelated to the game during combat, but if they refuse to clear the comms for combat communications, more than likely they've got a bit of troll to 'em, and should be muted anyhow. That's why I prefer to leave the pleasantries at the dropship once we touch down. If nothing else, it comes across as inconsiderate and unprofessional to choke the comms with unnecessary banter when you could be calling attention to an 100-ton assault left all by his lonesome.

#22 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:26 AM

Most people are nice. For some reason though online gaming is full of sore losers who would rather berate and belittle you than actually offer decent advice or a game plan. Just laugh it off and think of what sad little children they must be.

#23 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:48 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 23 February 2018 - 02:42 AM, said:

I don't mind people swearing or angrily ranting.

I find it amusing.
Am i being weird?

Quote yes you are...jokes aside it's a matter of different upbringins me thinks.
There are different traditions how, if at all and when to mention that you think somebody is doing wrong or in contrary compliment somebody for something.
Also there seems to be a regional difference if it is ok or just dishonorable/unsportsmanlike to taunt or tease or agonize a fellow or adversary player or if trashtalking is ok.

That isn't just a matter of the internet.
You see that in sports a lot.
Just as an example:
I found playing Tennis or hockey versus indian folks is .... quite uncomfortable if you are used western europe standarts of fainess and behavior....while they in return seem to feel aggravated by your lack of response to verbal abuse.

Maybe just keeping ingame chat and comtraffic to matter of fact things would be a good advice for a lot of people.

Edited by The Basilisk, 23 February 2018 - 05:55 AM.

#24 Water Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:53 AM

View PostExard3k, on 23 February 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

Shut up

Shut the **** up

Get Lost

Shut your ******* mouth

I used to communicate in MWO since I'm playing this game...had a break for like 2 months and in the last few days I encounter these "terms" on a regular basis. like 6 times now since wednesday? And no...no particular reason but tactical choices are always debatable though

Has MWO gone mainstream since christmas?

I will admit, I told a guy to F- off in QP last night. There was some guy on comms acting like a nanny - everything I did, he had some opinion about it, and it was negative. Maybe he was correct about his strat, maybe not, but I got tired of hearing that guys voice real quick.

First time I've said something like that that I can remember. That guy was just...over the top annoying.

#25 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:06 AM

View Postw4ldO, on 23 February 2018 - 04:59 AM, said:

Just disable VOIP?

BILD ist übrigens keine zeitung

Sometimes people say relevant things, I prefer to mute talkative ones.

Stimmt. Gutes Arguement.

View PostGen Lee, on 23 February 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

JohnnyWayne, if others are filling the comms with useless chatter, you can either ask them to keep the comms clear for combat, or mute them.

I wont even read further than that. That is EXACTLY what I said. I do it before we get into combat, once things get busy I don't have time to mute them.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 23 February 2018 - 06:07 AM.

#26 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:07 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 23 February 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

Sometimes people say relevant things, I prefer to mute talkative ones.

Stimmt. Gutes Arguement.

I like to hear the chat sometimes but I think this is the smartest / best approach. Just mute the annoying ones. I gotta do that more often...

#27 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:33 AM

View PostGen Lee, on 23 February 2018 - 04:14 AM, said:

So you mute people just for saying something as harmless as "hello"? That makes no sense at all. I always begin matches by saying "howdy" to my team, if only to see if anyone else has a mic. In this game, a little communication can go a long way when people are trying to work together. Not everyone is dropping 12-man teams while all in the same Discord or Teamspeak channel.

Agree. I'll greet the team to see who has a mic and will keep quiet unless it's match related info after that.

#28 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:38 AM

I gotta say, though, that we need a PSA about what constitutes useful communication. Some people just dump a stream of consciousness into their mic. Every target they shoot at it's like "OMG Lima!!@#" Not useful. I have a radar, and I can see what you're shooting. I'm not gonna drop my target or change my position to shoot at something I'm totally aware of just because you suddenly realized there's a letter under the player's name.

Or when someone basically just reads the radar for me. "They're all in Charlie 6". No crap, I can see that myself.

Useful information is anything not printed on radar or alerted to me automatically by the game. "4 with ECM moving D4 to E4." Oh well OK, that's actual information gain right there.

#29 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:46 AM

accusations, insults, nonconstructive, closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users