30 replies to this topic

#21 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

Even when Quirks are subject to change...there could be a "design note" on the variants.....as each variant in the game has some kind of "theme" behind it with it's quirks. You could add this to the store. This even applies to omniset boni

Edited by Exard3k, 23 February 2018 - 05:58 PM.

#22 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

Very much so, i've been thinking about this for ages, PGI holding this very important info back before we purchase is as low as a company can be imo.. a very disgusting technique..

Worse than EA loot boxes imo.

#23 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:51 PM

View PostSamial, on 23 February 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

Very much so, i've been thinking about this for ages, PGI holding this very important info back before we purchase is as low as a company can be imo.. a very disgusting technique..

Just get used to pre-ordering any pack you want but ready to cancel them if you do not like the quirks, when PGI reveals them later. Won't cost you anything except 5 minutes of your time.

Edited by El Bandito, 23 February 2018 - 10:52 PM.

#24 WhineyThePoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:52 AM

No, you are purchasing a mech. Not the quirks.

#25 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:07 AM

View PostSamial, on 23 February 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

Something you will know before you can even play the 'mech? Something you can always just cancel a pre-order for if you don't like it? You think *that* is worse than dividing up a game and putting it behind a RNG paywall/grindwall?

I don't even...

#26 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:17 AM

While I don't buy a mechpack for possible quirks, it would still be nice to know them.

had I known that they would -not- trash the linebacker, I would have preordered some.
but with no info on such a "make or brake" mech, I withheld.
no money for you this time, pgi.

same with the BLanner, thana and so on, though not buying in here might have been the better choice.

now, a Crusader, Ostroc or Ostsol.. things might be different there ;)

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:21 AM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 23 February 2018 - 05:26 AM, said:

Quirks can make or break a mech, just look at the Atlases. Useable when it has armor quirks, useless garbage without it, and many mechs in the store are no exception. So, what intelligent, forward thinking person would buy a mechpack on mechs that don't have their quirks clearly outlined? Seriously, it's a HUGE gamble. This is why I'm conflicted on buying the Solaris pack. Will that Atlas-KR have armor quirks? Or will it be nerfed with structure quirks instead? Because quirks make or break a mech, and I'm not going to spend money if there's a reasonable risk I'll get a useless mech. Knowing PGI, it probably will since they have the boars freaking head with structure quirks (lol), an objectively terrible Atlas.

Lol....

Quirks are used to adjust mechs to make them more effective, and have to change constantly. So...yeah... NO?

#28 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 23 February 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Please, show me where I can buy an oxide or huggin, or gridiron for that matter, for cbills. I'll wait.

You skipped the first sentence. Nothing to see here. Move along.

#29 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

If PGI posted quirks when they announce a mech pack and they turn out to be less than stellar or mediocre, you won't have people buying them as much as blind orders. Of course you should be buying it for the mech and not quirks, since while one day it might be on par or slightly above average... the next day it can be "overperforming according to their data" and changed with a "balance" pass.

If you end up not wanting it because of quirks you can always cancel, but that's kind of a stupid reason if it's a mech you have an interest in. Just deal with it and make it work.

#30 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 February 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

Just get used to pre-ordering any pack you want but ready to cancel them if you do not like the quirks, when PGI reveals them later. Won't cost you anything except 5 minutes of your time.

Do i need to consult support to cancel a pre order?

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 24 February 2018 - 03:07 AM, said:

Something you will know before you can even play the 'mech? Something you can always just cancel a pre-order for if you don't like it? You think *that* is worse than dividing up a game and putting it behind a RNG paywall/grindwall?

I don't even...

Yes i do with holding important info like this is just as disgusting a business practice ..

Edited by Samial, 24 February 2018 - 05:32 PM.

#31 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:31 PM

View PostSamial, on 24 February 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

Do i need to consult support to cancel a pre order?

Yes.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users