62 replies to this topic

#61 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:27 AM

I think my best solo mech (definitely my favorite) has to be the Cicada 2A (C). Basically the Champion build but with ERs instead of the regular MLasers. It's fast, maneuverable, has higher weapon mounts, and with the ERs, has a broad engagement range.

It is rare when I don't have a satisfying match in it.

#62 sharknoise

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

View Postlegatoblues, on 01 March 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

I run this mech almost exclusively. Will sometimes switch to a different chassis if bored or having a bad run, but that usually only lasts a half a dozen games at max. It does play very differently to a lot of other mechs but it works a treat for me.

389 matches in the ACH-B for a WLR of 1.41
288 matches in the ACH-Prime for a WLR of 1.58
159 matches in the ACH-Prime (I) for a WLR of 2.39

I have no idea as to why the stats are split between the Prime and Invasion, as it's the only Cheetah Prime I've ever owned....

Which skills in the tree, by the way? Do you take any armor nodes at all?

#63 FalconerGray

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

View Postsharknoise, on 01 March 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Which skills in the tree, by the way? Do you take any armor nodes at all?

From memory there is about 10 points in the survival tree. Speed tweak, ECM, Radar Dep and Seismic, followed by a mix of weapons and cooling. Survival is just whatever is leftover.

I used to run more survival but traded it for extra cooling to be able to run the 6 ERML build. If I'm at the point where I'm relying on the survival tree then I've already lost. Survival in a mech like this comes not through absorbing damage, but by avoiding it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users