10 replies to this topic

#1 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

Just got a Creality CR10S and started printing. After 2 failed attempts due to wrong temp and bed wasnt level, I had 5 successful back to back prints. So I started on my first MechWarrior print, a 220% N scale (i believe 1/60) Warhammer. I printed the legs first and they came out flawless! Printing the pelvis front and rear now. Anyone else 3D print mechs? Any tips and tricks or suggestions? I am using 15% infill, 50 speed, 55 bed and 205 hot end.

#2 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:37 PM

bed/hot end temps can vary wildly with different filaments. Even different color filaments from the same manufacturer...

I have the same 10S, and bought it in kit form. After shakedown (A ton of prints that weren't "Failed" but had seperation from bedplate issues) ended up running the bed a hell of a lot higher than expected.

I don't know what your's came with by mine had the .4 tip. If your looking to spend less time sanding, go down to the smaller tips. I believe .2 is what we're running now.

Looking at a Wan 7 next. DLP detail is much better for the type of stuff I want to produce(models, mechs, etc.) Although the 10S has saved me money with the "hell yeah, I can print a car radio install kit instead of buying one..."

#3 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

I have most of an Annihilator printed. Not sure about the scale. 8-9 inches tall maybe. Fully articulated. Unfortunately, I still need 1 shoulder joint and I recently switched 3D printers. (Sent my Monoprice Select Mini v2 to my mother to mess with while I got an Anycubic Kossel Delta Pulley) I can't print the shoulder right now because it isn't printing evenly on the bed. I have it level (trust me, I releveled it twice and spent about a dozen hours total on it now), but it has weird loose and rough portions. Supposedly it could be that the frame is either not perfectly 90 degrees to the bed, the towers are not perfectly 60 degrees from each other, or the diagonal arms are not perfectly the same length.

Let me say this. Deltas may be lower maintenance, but getting them to work initially is a pain. Hopefully I'll get it working soon so I can show the whole thing.

Spoiler

#4 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

How do I post a picture of the finished mech?

Edited by Quinn Allard, 13 March 2018 - 03:30 PM.

#5 Agent Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 437 posts
  • Locationbottom left of canaduh

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

Ive been printing them for a while now. I made my Anni 12 inches tall, my idea of 1/60 scale.
https://www.facebook...16412442381078/

Also, next to my Atlas he seems a little small.Posted Image

Edited by Agent Cooper, 01 April 2018 - 07:47 PM.

#6 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:34 AM

this is pretty cool.. Can i ask for some links to printers that do this? I know very little about 3D printing, but wouldn't mind seeing more info about them.

#7 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:05 PM

I wish I didn't have to use my tax refund for other things. I would love to have a 3D printer :(

#8 Agent Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 437 posts
  • Locationbottom left of canaduh

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 02 April 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

this is pretty cool.. Can i ask for some links to printers that do this? I know very little about 3D printing, but wouldn't mind seeing more info about them.

hers a cheap beginner model: https://www.gearbest...l?lkid=10374706
or a very popular: https://www.gearbest...175.html?wid=37
also a little more expensive but has everything: https://shop.prusa3d...SAAEgKeZPD_BwE#

#9 Mangeras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,442 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEmsland in Germanien

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:01 AM

What Primer do u use so there are no visible layers inder your paint?

#10 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:14 PM

they got a facebook group. would be good to check what others are doing for settings
Got a 12'+ cyclops mysef

#11 TheMundaneYesYes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:40 PM

Wish I knew my way around 3d modeling so I could fix the problems that come up with trying to make MWO printable (I use netfab and when I do basic repair I get flipped faces and randomly generated faces and even sometimes when I upload to say Shapeways I get a random missing face every now and then)

As I said before I use Shapeways for my printing but I try to fix what models I can to be printed via their services. Right now I have a Kodiak, Raven , Riflemen , Urban mech, Hunchback 4p , Highlander IIC and Wolf Hound myself. I had more but I gave them away as I was not totally happy with them. They are to scale with each other and about 3 inches at tallest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users