#101 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

View PostBombast, on 28 February 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

The spreads basically meaningless against your typical non-stationary target.

Spread is never meaningless.

And thanks for that hint with the ghost heat....checked it on smurfys...looks like a value to be changed soon.

#102 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:34 AM

Some rough math that will likely be edited 40 times since I suck typing on a phone. All values take into account ghost heat and MRM duration, which is about .55 seconds. Ish. Numbers rounded to closest.

Heat Per Missile
MRM30x2 - 0.316
MRM40x2 - 0.307
MRM30x2+20 - 0.349

Heat Per Second
MRM30x2 - 3.92
MRM40x2 - 4.56
MRM30x2+20 - 5.77

Heat Per Missile Per Second
MRM30x2 - 0.065
MRM40x2 - 0.057
MRM30x2+20 - 0.072

The MRM80s ghost heat is countered by it's large burst and long cooldown.

MRM30+30+20 is 27.99 heat, by the way.

Edit:. I'm dumb. Fixed heat Per Missile because I am stupid.

Edited by Bombast, 28 February 2018 - 09:46 AM.

#103 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 24 February 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

While I do agree that MRMs are a little on the OP side, ATMs are highly skill based weapons that usually end up being crappy LRMs in the hands of those who don't know how to use them.

Are you ******* kidding me?

#104 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 February 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

Are you ******* kidding me?

How many times have you spectated someone and seen them pump volley after volley of LRMs into the side of a hill or a building?
You really think those guys are going to be able to keep track of what range they are at?

Never underestimate the stupidity of your average potato. Especially at tier one.

Edited by Diablobo, 28 February 2018 - 09:47 AM.

#105 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:49 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

The heat is completely irrelevant for the mechs that don't care about heat sustainability. They want to dump their alpha once or twice and get out of there. They don't trade, and they don't facetank. Having the same cooldown with a small launcher as the bigger one is stupid, plain and simple.

That is a complaint about player behavior, not a weapon system.

And everyone knows Zoom and Die players use SRMs.

#106 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:54 AM

View PostBombast, on 28 February 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

That is a complaint about player behavior, not a weapon system.

And everyone knows Zoom and Die players use SRMs.

Only the suicidal idiots who don't realize they will get blasted by the other guy's teammates. That's the beauty of the MRM. You don't have to close to point blank range, you can harass from the sides and turn them from the front instead of dive bombing like a kamikaze.

#107 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Only the suicidal idiots who don't realize they will get blasted by the other guy's teammates. That's the beauty of the MRM. You don't have to close to point blank range, you can harass from the sides and turn them from the front instead of dive bombing like a kamikaze.

I thought you were complaining about kamikaze players.

Make up your mind, who's the villain here, suicidal MRM Mecha or ones playing to their weapons strengths.

#108 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostBombast, on 28 February 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

I thought you were complaining about kamikaze players.

Make up your mind, who's the villain here, suicidal MRM Mecha or ones playing to their weapons strengths.

Who says it has to be one or the other?

Having small midrange missiles that fire faster will enable lights to harass from the flanks instead of making kamikaze bombing runs to splat someone in the butt.

#109 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:07 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

Having small midrange missiles that fire faster will enable lights to harass from the flanks instead of making kamikaze bombing runs to splat someone in the butt.

Lights can already do that though. A Raven can easily carry a MRM30 or 40 for example.

Spoilers though - it's not really great. It can work, but it's a bit... Inconsistent. Giving up the big burst of SRMs or the precision of medium lasers in exchange for sandpaper doesn't work out too well.

#110 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:09 AM

View PostBombast, on 28 February 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

Lights can already do that though. A Raven can easily carry a MRM30 or 40 for example.

Spoilers though - it's not really great. It can work, but it's a bit... Inconsistent. Giving up the big burst of SRMs or the precision of medium lasers in exchange for sandpaper doesn't work out too well.

Hey, don't expect the devs to fix your inability to hit what you shoot at. If you don't like it, then don't use it. Just don't crap on those of us who can make it work.

Edited by Diablobo, 28 February 2018 - 10:10 AM.

#111 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:14 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

Hey, don't expect the devs to fix your inability to hit what you shoot at. If you don't like it, then don't use it. Just don't crap on those of us who can make it work.

Ok, so, according to you, MRMs work fine on lights currently.

Wasn't that your only objective argument for buffing light MRM racks? That lights needed the help?

Did a GOON put you up to this thread? Are you a GOON sock puppet? Did someone in GOON start this thread just to confuse me?

God damn GOONs.

#112 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:14 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

How many times have you spectated someone and seen them pump volley after volley of LRMs into the side of a hill or a building?
You really think those guys are going to be able to keep track of what range they are at?

Never underestimate the stupidity of your average potato. Especially at tier one.

That's just not being ******* brain dead.

Having to aim/lead targets throughout the entire burst makes MRMs take more skill than ATMs or lurms. ATMs are pretty easy, just choose targets that are in that sweet range spot and watch them melt from 3 damage per missile. Its epic. Even easier if you are in something mobile with a couple 12s or 3 9s.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 28 February 2018 - 10:15 AM.

#113 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 February 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

That's just not being ******* brain dead.

Having to aim/lead targets throughout the entire burst makes MRMs take more skill than ATMs or lurms. ATMs are pretty easy, just choose targets that are in that sweet range spot and watch them melt from 3 damage per missile. Its epic. Even easier if you are in something mobile with a couple 12s or 3 9s.

Your argument is the exact same one the whiners who thought LRMs are too powerful used. Let me guess, you hate LRMs as well. You want to charge in the open and not have to use cover, don't you?

#114 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:36 AM

https://leaderboard....r%0D%0ADiablobo
Just leaving this here...

#115 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:40 AM

View PostCurccu, on 28 February 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

If we must do leaderboards, lets at least be fair about it.

https://mwomercs.com...0&user=Diablobo

It's not terrible. Certainly better than most of the people who come on the forums screeching about how OP silly things are.

#116 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostBombast, on 28 February 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

If we must do leaderboards, lets at least be fair about it.

https://mwomercs.com...0&user=Diablobo

It's not terrible. Certainly better than most of the people who come on the forums screeching about how OP silly things are.

Isengrim also shows something about XP about this game.

#117 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:49 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Your argument is the exact same one the whiners who thought LRMs are too powerful used. Let me guess, you hate LRMs as well. You want to charge in the open and not have to use cover, don't you?

View PostCurccu, on 28 February 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

This.

Give me a break dude. Is it just that you don't understand that something not taking skill doesn't equate to it being OP?

#118 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

Wow. You guys can't argue a point or defend your own positions, so you whip out the old "his stats suck, so he doesn't count" card.

Brilliant. It only shows how wrong and indefensible your positions are. I have literally only been playing for two weeks after taking a break for about two years. I quit right about the time the tier system came into place. I guess I played just enough to get put into tier 3, and then I stopped playing.

Edited by Diablobo, 28 February 2018 - 04:21 PM.

#119 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Wow. You guys can't argue a point or defend your own positions, so you whip out the old "his stats suck, so he doesn't count" card.

Brilliant. It only shows how wrong and indefensible your positions are. I have literally only been playing for two weeks after taking a break for about two years. I quit right about the time the tier system came into place. I guess I played just enough to get put into tier 3, and then I stopped playing.

You have got to be a GOON. So who is it? And shouldn't you be FPing right now?

#120 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

More like nobody respects you or your opinions because you have next to no experience, no solid argument why anything needs to be changed, and no banner to run beneath besides MUH SRMS AND LRMS HAVE DIFFERENT COOLDOWNS as if that means anything for completely separate weapon systems. You haven't provided a single reasonable argument in six pages, but you sure have stamped your feet and cried a lot.

It is much easier to just assume you're an awful neophyte troll, which is a much more reasonable conclusion when one considers that you've been arguing nothing for six pages.

47 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 47 guests, 0 anonymous users