#121 Diablobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

View PostSeranov, on 28 February 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

More like nobody respects you or your opinions because you have next to no experience, no solid argument why anything needs to be changed, and no banner to run beneath besides MUH SRMS AND LRMS HAVE DIFFERENT COOLDOWNS as if that means anything for completely separate weapon systems. You haven't provided a single reasonable argument in six pages, but you sure have stamped your feet and cried a lot.

It is much easier to just assume you're an awful neophyte troll, which is a much more reasonable conclusion when one considers that you've been arguing nothing for six pages.

Funny how I'm a troll, but can you actually point to any mention by the devs why they all have the same cooldown, or are you just making stuff up- like a troll does.

#122 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Funny how I'm a troll, but can you actually point to any mention by the devs why they all have the same cooldown, or are you just making stuff up- like a troll does.

PGI doesn't operate that way. That's a problem, but it's unrelated to the MRM issue.

Seriously, which GOON is this. Roltzi?

Edited by Bombast, 28 February 2018 - 05:30 PM.

#123 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:12 PM

its been explained why the new launchers have the same cooldown.

because giving smaller launchers like SRM2s shorter cooldowns is entirely pointless

nobody spams SRM2s by themselves, its terrible. you only use SRM2s if youve already maxed out SRM4s or SRM6s for ghost heat.

and in that case youre throttling back the rate of fire of the SRM2s to sync up with the slower rate of fire with SRM4s/SRM6s anyway.

thats the most likely reason why PGI changed it so MRMs and ATMs have the same cooldowns.

the SRM2 would be more useful if it had 3.0 cooldown (instead of 2.0 cooldown) and 1.5 heat (instead of 2 heat)

that way it would sync up with the slower rate of fire of the SRM4s, which youre most likely to use it in combination with anyway, and it would benefit from the lower heat as well.

the faster cooldown of the SRM2 is entirely pointless as long as you cant spam enough SRM2s to be better than just taking larger sized launchers instead. For example, if the Jenner IIC could do x8 SRM2s it could probably compete with x4 SRM4s and x2 SRM2s then. But the Jenner IIC only has 6 missile hardpoints so its always better off with the SRM4s/SRM6s. Simply put, there arnt enough missile hardpoints to make small launcher spam viable.

Edited by Khobai, 28 February 2018 - 07:23 PM.

#124 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

View PostBombast, on 28 February 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

PGI doesn't operate that way. That's a problem, but it's unrelated to the MRM issue.

Seriously, which GOON is this. Roltzi?

At this point, it doesn't really matter what you or I think about reducing the cooldown times. Everyone is going to have their own opinion about it, and there are plenty who are perfectly content with the way it is.

I simply want to know what the devs have said about the cooldowns, because apart from the MRM40s being slowed down because of mega tube count builds, the devs seem to have never really dealt with them. I think that after over 7 months, we deserve at least an explanation why the cooldowns are all the same, and whether or not they are going to leave them alone, or if having them all the same is what they wanted all along. When did they say, or did they at all?

#125 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:29 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

At this point, it doesn't really matter what you or I think about reducing the cooldown times. Everyone is going to have their own opinion about it, and there are plenty who are perfectly content with the way it is.

Duh.

I simply want to know what the devs have said about the cooldowns, because apart from the MRM40s being slowed down because of mega tube count builds, the devs seem to have never really dealt with them. I think that after over 7 months, we deserve at least an explanation why the cooldowns are all the same, and whether or not they are going to leave them alone, or if having them all the same is what they wanted all along. When did they say, or did they at all?

You're unlikely to ever get a straight answer from the devs on this. Or anything really. Paul probably knows, but he wont say, and Chris will say, but Chris quite honestly doesn't know what in the hell half of the stuff in the game actually does.

#126 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

Can we thank Paul or Chris for this?

#127 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

View PostXetelian, on 28 February 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Can we thank Paul or Chris for this?

If you feel the need to blame someone, probably Paul. My understanding from the recent interviews is that Paul makes all the actual mechanical decisions, and Chris occasionally pokes the quirk and weapon value spread sheets with a stick to makes sure they haven't died.

#128 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

View PostBombast, on 28 February 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

If you feel the need to blame someone, probably Paul. My understanding from the recent interviews is that Paul makes all the actual mechanical decisions, and Chris occasionally pokes the quirk and weapon value spread sheets with a stick to makes sure they haven't died.

He really is the root of all evil around here.

#129 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:52 PM

I get that everyone likes to rip on the devs. We've been doing it since before the game even started the beta. But I think it's only fair to go on what they have actually said or done. Speculating just confuses things and makes things worse. I asked Russ on Twitter, but he hasn't answered back yet. Maybe if enough of us ask he will answer. A simple yes that's the way we want it, or we are still working on it is all I ask, and that's pretty much all we can do at this point. Once they actually say something is when we should pick this back up again. In the meantime, we should keep trying to get a response.

#130 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

Here's something that appears to show the changes they made in the PTS. It looks like they originally had the ATM3 with a faster cooldown, but then they increased it. I sure would like to know why, because syncing up with the other smaller launchers like the 6 and 9 to the 12 was already happening. I guess they wanted the ATM3 to do the same, but why is the question. Was a faster cooldown too powerful because of boating, or did it mess up syncing with the bigger ones?

The MRMs have always been the same, except for the 40.

https://mwomercs.com...om-pts-to-live/

#131 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Wow. You guys can't argue a point or defend your own positions, so you whip out the old "his stats suck, so he doesn't count" card.

Actually, the stat reference was more in response to THIS post.

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Your argument is the exact same one the whiners who thought LRMs are too powerful used. Let me guess, you hate LRMs as well. You want to charge in the open and not have to use cover, don't you?

In other words, don't insinuate someone is your inferior when there is literally nothing that would suggest that.

My only 2 cents in this thread has been a disagreement regarding MRMs being no-skill weapons where ATMs are a high skill weapon. This is ********.

Any lock-on weapon takes less skill than a weapon that has to be aimed. The only people that have trouble admitting this are people who use lock on weapons all the time. That does NOT mean that lock-on weapons are OP or "errmahgerrd I can't deal with lurms wheres the cover OMG", its just a fact.

#132 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:55 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 February 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

Actually, the stat reference was more in response to THIS post.

In other words, don't insinuate someone is your inferior when there is literally nothing that would suggest that.

My only 2 cents in this thread has been a disagreement regarding MRMs being no-skill weapons where ATMs are a high skill weapon. This is ********.

Any lock-on weapon takes less skill than a weapon that has to be aimed. The only people that have trouble admitting this are people who use lock on weapons all the time. That does NOT mean that lock-on weapons are OP or "errmahgerrd I can't deal with lurms wheres the cover OMG", its just a fact.

If LRMs or any guided weapon were no-skill weapons, then that would mean that all players would have pretty much the same results with them, regardless of skill level. That’s not what happens, so skill is involved. Just because they aren’t meta or used much in comp play doesn’t mean no skill is involved. I would argue SRMs take less skill. It’s easier to use a shotgun than just about any weapon. That certainly doesn’t mean SRM users have no skill.

#133 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:57 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

If LRMs or any guided weapon were no-skill weapons, then that would mean that all players would have pretty much the same results with them, regardless of skill level. That’s not what happens, so skill is involved. Just because they aren’t meta or used much in comp play doesn’t mean no skill is involved. I would argue SRMs take less skill. It’s easier to use a shotgun than just about any weapon. That certainly doesn’t mean SRM users have no skill.

Evonpire. You must be Evonpire, from GOON. That explains it.

Anyway, you're wrong. LRM skill ceiling basically ends at identifying where hard terrain is and figuring out that you should probably be closer to the target, as firing from 900m away is mostly pointless. SRMs require the user to know a maps layout, how battles usually unfold on said map, how to advance safely, and when is a good time to strike. Once in combat, they need to be able to aim, know when to twist, and probably most importantly, how to get the hell out when things go south, so they can reposition and try again.

LRMs are easy. SRMs are hard, especially with what the typical engagement range is these days.

I can see why you'd think differently though. T3-5 play doesn't have a lot of the Pug meta builds running around. SRMs can be 'easy' when everyone on the enemy team is a LRM boat and theres no Hellbringer vomitting on you from 600 meters.

Edited by Bombast, 01 March 2018 - 05:57 AM.

#134 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:05 AM

Dude, enough with the GOON reference. I told you I haven't played for about two years, and my stats reflect that. The only unit I was affiliated with back when FP started was Clan Wolf Delta Galaxy, but I don't have a group right now. I am still getting my skills back.

#135 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:08 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 01 March 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Dude, enough with the GOON reference. I told you I haven't played for about two years, and my stats reflect that. The only unit I was affiliated with back when FP started was Clan Wolf Delta Galaxy, but I don't have a group right now. I am still getting my skills back.

You can't fool me Blackthorn. I know that's you.

Edited by Bombast, 01 March 2018 - 11:10 AM.

#136 Lt Blackthorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

View PostBombast, on 01 March 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

FOILED AGAIN. And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids and your Pringles cans.

#137 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:19 AM

View PostBombast, on 01 March 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

Ok, if you're going to try and marginalize me by calling me someone else, at least explain why them saying this would be any different from some random guy.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users