63 replies to this topic

#61 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 801 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

View PostZ01, on 26 February 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

I am dead in 2 second if a piranha come up my back.
If that's true that also means:

1. You're standing competely still for the whole time because a previously unharmed mech that starts turning is very unlikely to die to Piranha mg fire within 2 seconds ... unless we're talking a light mech .. one that shouldn't be standing still in the first place.

2. Your armoring strategy concerning rear armor isn't the best

3. That Piranha either is or is close to being a immobile target for the exact same two seconds

4. You're most likely alone at whatever position you've taken

Edited by Der Geisterbaer, 26 February 2018 - 09:08 AM.

#62 Gristle Missile

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:58 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 25 February 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

Ammo consumption.

So increase ammo per ton...
You can nerf/buff pretty much anything to make it work.
Closing off options because it would have a side effect would mean nothing would change.

Now...if they made MGs projectiles instead of hitscan...that would be something...but I dunno if PGI can code that many shots without relying on hitscan

#63 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:14 AM

Boating MG's in Solaris would be a hoot !!!! Imagine several high MG count mechs chasing each other around an arena with small lasers and MG's out the wa-zoo !

It would take FOREVER to kill each other and that IS THE POINT !!! And, it would be a lot of fun.......

#64 SlowPoke79

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

Look the advantage of ballistic weapons is that they don't generate heat because they don't task the mech power plant for cooling.............the problem with this in MWO and Battletech is they are over powered because of no turn shot/limit. Some stuff was brought in like jam chance on UAC or else you would not see any other weapon on the field........machine guns don't have jam chance though there damage output is calculated very high comparatively. They should have almost no impact on armour I mean it should be like 100 rounds per 1hp on armour. Even internal should be at about 25 rounds per 1 hp. Though currently it seem about 4 rounds per 1 hp. In perspective of weapons development this would make MG the preferred field weapon, which it currently appears to be.

Maybe they should consider if you fired any ballistic weapon for so long your barrels would melt.

PGI here is my suggestion: add a mechanic to the game where you can overheat the machine guns and destroy them permanently. This would not stop MG boating, but it would punish 1000 DMG lites from turning the game into a joke because so many of the other important hit mechanics are to hard to write into code. You know like those fall mechanics that would basically make any lite fall over if it was hit by an AC/20. So add overheat MG meter which basically destroys the weapon. A smart mech pilot will still get his huge damage output, but will have to take his time to do it.

PGI another suggestion would be to increase the slot requirement for ammo or make the ammunition location have to be in the weapon component or adjacent. This would make sense as this is something even Battletech had a hard time explaining. Yeah my ammunition is in my left leg 50 feet away from my arm mounted weapon, no worries I have teleportation ammo feed device......no 50 foot belt feed (LOL).

Bring the balance back!

My poor scout Atlas got rolled again!Posted Image

Edited by SlowPoke79, 26 February 2018 - 11:20 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users