Clan Vs Is

28 replies to this topic

#1 Havoc SC

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

Been reading these forums looking for balance suggestions and ideas that can better the game. All I see is "no, you are OP" "no, you are"

Been playing this game for a few years and I do not like where it is at.

Clan just peek and Alpha Strike.
IS just murderball

This game is a 1 - 2 shot fight.

IS can destroy anything up close with DHG, SRM or rapid fire lasers.

Clan can CT most mechs at 450m with laser vomit in 2 shots.

maybe I am alone, but the mechs are made of tissue paper now.

3 mins walking to other team.
If IS you charge, If clan you alpha.
10mins or more left in match
re que.

I understand that balance does not bring in new money like new mechs do, but i do feel that Balance will get better if the mechs are harder to kill.

Clan and IS weapons are very different right now but at the end of the day they both hit very hard.

Ideas:
Massive adjustment to heat or ghost heat to reduce damage output. - laser
Apply a cooldown to all weapons after each use. - guass
Lower ammo count - Ballistic / Missle
reduce damage received by half or more.
remove pinpoint damage, unless a targeting computer installed or mounted on arms.

If you agree, please help with ideas.

Edited by Havoc SC, 01 March 2018 - 04:44 PM.

#2 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,048 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

I don't want the game to stay that IS just murderballs, while Clans just pokes.

I agree with COF, and mitigated by TCs, but that won't change the fact that Clan Tech is meant to be technologically superior, that PGI being strict with lore, IS would always be overquirked with armor and would always be better close range. I don't really know how to fully address the tech-differences.

#3 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:49 PM

No idea what game you are playing OP...

But I ain't seeing it.

Lower ammo count? Ammo for many weapons is massively restrictive already... Put the bread back in the oven man, it's only half baked.

#4 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

considering that we (clan) cant bid for coming in lower on drop tonnage and getting extra rewards due to the fact that our tech has been nerfed to hell and back. i think in FP it wouldn't be so bad. keep things where they are for QP, its a rock paper scissors match there. but FP? Needs to be more lore driven.

Ref: Warthunder arcade/realistic/simulator. **

#5 Havoc SC

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

This is a pvp game, Lore can have nothing to do with balance.

If this was Lore, Clan would get rolled in just about every fight. If you know anything about TT. IS has a great advantage with numbers and utility.

Justcallme ASH, you complain with zero input or solution. you also fail at reading comprehension. this is MWO, look at the top of the page.

#6 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

Agree that changes are needed, disagree on why and what.

#7 Havoc SC

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostGrus, on 01 March 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

considering that we (clan) cant bid for coming in lower on drop tonnage and getting extra rewards due to the fact that our tech has been nerfed to hell and back. i think in FP it wouldn't be so bad. keep things where they are for QP, its a rock paper scissors match there. but FP? Needs to be more lore driven.

Ref: Warthunder arcade/realistic/simulator. **

you can group que in QP and set the field for your play style pretty easy. besides, the mechs should perform the same no matter what game mode you enter in. IMO

View PostNightbird, on 01 March 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Agree that changes are needed, disagree on why and what.

you just disagree and no thought process otherwise? This kind of response will not help at all.

#8 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

For the most part the "This is OP" threads are a bunch of he said, she said. There's only a few who actually do testing and post results. It's easier to agree on a balance change when there's solid data in front of us. That being said i'd like to see all the "data" PGI collects to determine "balance" decisions. Share that publicly because at this point we can just assume the usual dartboard without any effort to test themselves in different environments (for more accurate results).

The Timberwolf overperforming? Probably because it's an easier clan heavy to jump into as a new player and if you don't know how to deal with it at those lower tiers, sure it can "overperform" but due to the lack of the opponent.

#9 Havoc SC

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

View PostN0ni, on 01 March 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

For the most part the "This is OP" threads are a bunch of he said, she said. There's only a few who actually do testing and post results. It's easier to agree on a balance change when there's solid data in front of us. That being said i'd like to see all the "data" PGI collects to determine "balance" decisions. Share that publicly because at this point we can just assume the usual dartboard without any effort to test themselves in different environments (for more accurate results).

The Timberwolf overperforming? Probably because it's an easier clan heavy to jump into as a new player and if you don't know how to deal with it at those lower tiers, sure it can "overperform" but due to the lack of the opponent.

Has nothing to do with this post. Please read first

#10 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

View PostHavoc SC, on 01 March 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Been reading these forums looking for balance suggestions and ideas that can better the game. All I see is "no, you are OP" "no, you are"

View PostHavoc SC, on 01 March 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Has nothing to do with this post. Please read first

Kinda does.

#11 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

View PostHavoc SC, on 01 March 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

This is a pvp game, Lore can have nothing to do with balance.

If this was Lore, Clan would get rolled in just about every fight. If you know anything about TT. IS has a great advantage with numbers and utility.

Justcallme ASH, you complain with zero input or solution. you also fail at reading comprehension. this is MWO, look at the top of the page.

"NERF BALLISTICS" - The genius

When confronted with this, he's so smart he can't draw the conclusion that ash is trying to make, so he whines that he's complaining.

#12 Havoc SC

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:37 PM

apparently the idiots found this post. I do not envy dev's with this kind of following.

Complaining with zero solution = worthless

Taking out of context = Liar

supporting either = saboteur

I thought forums had a purpose, you people just want to drama.

#13 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:37 PM

Havoc SC, just saying, before you toss out a bunch of ideas, ask for changes, and call anyone who doesn't play along 'a idiot', you might consider looking at the 50+ page 'community balance' thread.

You also recently missed out on the podcast review thread, where basically PGI said 'we might make some changes, in small steps, if everyone agrees to them in advance, and we were already planning on doing them anyway. Anything else, forget it.'

Being belligerent about demanding change/ideas, either from PGI or the forums, isn't going to help change anything.

#14 Havoc SC

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:44 PM

View PostMadBadger, on 01 March 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

Havoc SC, just saying, before you toss out a bunch of ideas, ask for changes, and call anyone who doesn't play along 'a idiot', you might consider looking at the 50+ page 'community balance' thread.

You also recently missed out on the podcast review thread, where basically PGI said 'we might make some changes, in small steps, if everyone agrees to them in advance, and we were already planning on doing them anyway. Anything else, forget it.'

Being belligerent about demanding change/ideas, either from PGI or the forums, isn't going to help change anything.

That is great advice, wish you had posted first. I will look up these things you just said.

I never demanded change and I do want answers related to the topic such as your reply. There is enough crying about random topics elsewhere.

Thank you for the info.

#15 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

Let's pull apart your 'issues' or OP?

Clan just peek and Alpha Strike.
IS just murderball

Wrong.

Clan can brawl/murder ball just fine with LBK / Orion IICs
IS can peek with IS Laser Vom with GHP / WHM

This game is a 1 - 2 shot fight.

If you actually torso twist / learn to shield / don't stare... You will find that is absolutely not the case

IS can destroy anything up close with DHG, SRM or rapid fire lasers.

Clan can CT most mechs at 450m with laser vomit in 2 shots.

Clan can do that with it's brawl mechs
IS can do that with it's laser trade mechs

What you are saying here is just unfounded, but it does relate to the point above where you are clearly not twisting. If you were you would not be CT killed in 2 shots. Especially with 1.2sec duration on HLL... That is such a long time that if you stare that long you deserve to die in 2 shots

Clan and IS weapons are very different right now but at the end of the day they both hit very hard.

Well not really, but different is good. Makes for interesting/varying play. More of it.

Ideas:
Massive adjustment to heat or ghost heat to reduce damage output. - laser
Apply a cooldown to all weapons after each use. - guass
Lower ammo count - Ballistic / Missle
reduce damage received by half or more.
remove pinpoint damage, unless a targeting computer installed or mounted on arms.

1. No. It's actually fine. cDHS just needs to be adjusted, that's about it
2. What are you talking about? Gauss already has a base cooldown of 5 seconds. Derp.
3. No. I already pointed out many weapons are ammo bound enough. Except maybe LBXs. I mean my Ballistic MCII runs 60km/h due to needing so much ammo where the laser one runs almost 70km/h. Again, commenting without understanding
4. So increasing TTK? TKK is at the highest it has been. See my post HERE AS TO WHY INCREASING TTK WILL DO NOTHING
5. The highest pinpoint right now is dual Gauss / ERPPC @ 30pts if pinpoint.

Sorry dude but overall you are showing a grave lack of understanding about MWO. I would suggest joining a unit that offers training / upskilling. You issues are simply due to ability, nothing more.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 01 March 2018 - 07:32 PM.

#16 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

Notice how its the same group of clan apologists every thread attacking the op.. Sure hes wrong on some things but as a whole game wise hes dead right..

But no those clan elitists must keep their advantages at all costs, even when they are proven wrong like in that other thread.. nut jobs.

#17 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

View PostSamial, on 01 March 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Notice how its the same group of clan apologists every thread attacking the op..

What if I told you that 90% of the people following are not "Clan Apologists"?

Me thinks you do not know the definition.

#18 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:51 PM

What ASH said.

#19 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:37 PM

Ghost heat is already pretty restrictive, I don't know how you think it will help if it is more so. What is a mech with 7-12 energy points supposed to do when it has a low engine cap or fixed engine and everything is ghost heat linked? How do you propose we play? Fire 2 lasers at a time until we've fired all of them? By the time the 3rd or 4th finishes the first will be ready again and you're just wasting tonnage on additional lasers that you don't need. Also, people can still fire things like 4 ERPPC at once and then hide until they cool down, that isn't going away just because you set ghost heat to 1.

More heat will only prolong the inevitable, the current playstyle of poke/hide will just have a bit more hide. Again, what are mechs that have ONLY energy points supposed to do?

People are complaining about the laser vomit meta mechs and you want to lower ammo per ton? You do realize that this will just make lasers much more attractive right?

What do you mean apply cool down to all weapons? All weapons already have a cool down, Gauss is 5 Seconds, All ATMs are 5 seconds. Maybe you meant charge up? I don't really know, what did you mean?

Reduce damage by half? I don't think the community will be OK with that even if they generally want TTK to increase. I've suggested we double armor again but people are not OK with that and I can understand why even if I disagree with it.

Pin point damage is a bit of a problem, needing a targeting computer or you spray fire everywhere means everyone will devote 1 ton and 1 slot on every mech, this isn't much of a fix. I absolutely hate the RNG nature of World of Tanks and a lot of people do too, but having a little of it wouldn't be too terrible.

#20 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:48 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 March 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

5. The highest pinpoint right now is dual Gauss / ERPPC @ 30pts if pinpoint.

It's 50, using twin HPPC and twin AC/10.

That being said, you don't see people using it much because it runs hot enough that it's quite risky for its range and offers plenty of opportunity to be countered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users