#22 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:57 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 March 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

It's 50, using twin HPPC and twin AC/10.

That being said, you don't see people using it much because it runs hot enough that it's quite risky for its range and offers plenty of opportunity to be countered.

ooo indeed I had forgotten about HPPC +combos. I don't mind using them actually, never paired with a AC10. I have ideas (but yes, hot as balls).

I did admittaly discount H.Gauss simply cause of the range/dmg drop off. OFC that is a tip top combo but only limited to IS Assaults, so again a very niche option. Dual Gauss / Peeps you can at least put on a buttload of mechs.

*EDIT: You mean AC20? I just mechlab'd that jazz and AC20/HPPC is 50 on a Atlas. Not bad cooling either, but mounts suck.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 01 March 2018 - 10:01 PM.

#23 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:14 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 March 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

*EDIT: You mean AC20? I just mechlab'd that jazz and AC20/HPPC is 50 on a Atlas. Not bad cooling either, but mounts suck.

Nope, I meant AC/10.

Like this (can get 15 DHS if you lose 1 ton of ammo).

#24 ramp4ge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

In general, I've had way more fun with IS mechs.

Disclaimer: I only solo queue in QP.

Right now I'm playing the Roughneck 1c. It takes so much to bring it down and with a super-high-mounted AC/20 and 40 MRMs it just clubs things to death brutally.

Last game I played was on Crimson Strait. Team was split--mostly on top. A few went basement. Their whole team went through the tunnel. I dropped down and had most of their team focusing on me for at least 30-45 seconds. I lived that long, while over-riding the shutdown because I was spamming everything I could and would not let the mech cool down. I died, 600 damage later, and gave the team time to flank the reds in the basement and win the match.

Epic fun. These IS mechs are just so dang tough. So much armor, so much structure.

#25 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:47 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 March 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

Nope, I meant AC/10.

Like this (can get 15 DHS if you lose 1 ton of ammo).

Oh now I get ya. I didn't think of that. Super niche one that.

#26 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:10 AM

If anything needs nerfing across the board its range..

#27 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:19 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 March 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

ooo indeed I had forgotten about HPPC +combos. I don't mind using them actually, never paired with a AC10. I have ideas (but yes, hot as balls).

I did admittaly discount H.Gauss simply cause of the range/dmg drop off. OFC that is a tip top combo but only limited to IS Assaults, so again a very niche option. Dual Gauss / Peeps you can at least put on a buttload of mechs.

You guys aren't thinking big enough

ANH-2A

This is the ultimate PPFLD build!

and this to some degree if you don't mind a super hot alpha.

ANH-2A

Edited by Xetelian, 02 March 2018 - 12:33 AM.

#28 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:46 AM

View PostHavoc SC, on 01 March 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Ideas:
Massive adjustment to heat or ghost heat to reduce damage output. - laser
Apply a cooldown to all weapons after each use. - guass
Lower ammo count - Ballistic / Missle
reduce damage received by half or more.
remove pinpoint damage, unless a targeting computer installed or mounted on arms.

If you agree, please help with ideas.

I do agree that increasing time to kill can be beneficial there are some obvious flaws to your ideas.

"Massive adjustment to heat or ghost heat to reduce damage output. - laser"

This action potentially favors clan tech over I.S. Clantech lasers deal more damage per unit meaning clans will either be stuck with very low numbers of weapons allowed to be fired without ghost heat penalties in order to balance clan weapons vs I.S. counterparts or stuck with very high heat penalties to compensate.
Both options are likely to meet heavy resistance from the playerbase. Without some means of penalizing clantech the clan lasers will simply be better in smaller quantities due to overall superior potential damage output.

"Apply a cooldown to all weapons after each use. - guass"

Inner Sphere gauss rifles are not all that much of an issue the light gauss is practiclly nonexistant while the heavy gauss already has a mechanism in place to reduce accuracy of secondary weapons (in particular lasers weapons).
So I can assume this is directed at clan Gauss + laser volley fire. Any penalty applied across the board hits I.S. harder because the clan Gauss is simply superior on a one v one basis. at 6 crits and 12 tons a clan gauss fits more easily on a wider range of chassis granting clans a superior means of deploying the weapon. I.S. pilots will likely abandon using the weapon all together if you saddle it will to many restrictions without enough incentive to utilize it. And with a 12 ton 6 crit profile the clan will continue to utilize the gauss rifle because it remains practical to do so.

"Lower ammo count - Ballistic / Missle"

Blatantly favoring clantech no questions about it.Clantech is lighter/smaller and allows for more available tonnage and crit space to compensate for reduced ammo counts. for example a typical I.S. gauss rifle is accompanied with at least 3 tons of ammo. That would be 17 tons and 10 crit slots dedicated to this weapon. Meanwhile a clan mech doing the same would utilize 15 tons and 9 crit slots. And this isn't an isolated event. Clan SRM6 with 2 tons ammo is 3 crits and 3.5 tons wile I.S. pays 4 crits 5 tons for the same payload.

"reduce damage received by half or more."

For many of the same reasons listed above clans will benifit more from this than I.S. if ammo is reduced and damage is reduced it will take more ammo to inflict significant damage and only the clans will be packing that much ammo due to lower weights on clantech. In addition to this Clan XL longevity is further enhanced widening the gap between LFE and clan XL ( I still think players will shy away from I.S. XL on most chassis) Add in the higher damage output on clan lasers and we have a higher damage per "trade" favoring clans coupled with freedom to utilize XL engines and the clans will have a significant edge in hit and run tactics that will likely become the norm if these ideas are put into practice.

"remove pinpoint damage, unless a targeting computer installed or mounted on arms."

Another lopsided advantage for the clans. More clan mechs posses high numbers of arm mounted hardpoints than I.S. mechs. There are several examples of clan arm omnipods that have equal hardpoints to entire I.S. mechs while a typical I.S. mech may have 1 or 2 hardpoints per arm.
Add to that the lighter and more compact clantech and now clans have much easier access to targeting computers.

I would be looking into the games damage mechanics for increasing longevity. The convergence issue and how damage is applied and even how critical hits are determined are all looking like good places to root around in and look for something less focused on factional tech and more based on the game's guts.

#29 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:05 AM

There are plenty of balance posts in this forum, feel free to continue in another one. Closing this down due to the messy page 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users