The Hero's Cup (An Event Sponsored By Feyd's Irregulars)

60 replies to this topic

#41 Sporkee

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

Also have some good assault mechs just let me know if there is room.

#42 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNorth America West

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

View PostSporkee, on 22 March 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

Still looking for someone in the light or heavy category?

You can certainly join, but the weight class for each match will be determined on the spot. You might be forced to drop in a Light, Medium, Heavy or Assault class 'mech. Are you prepared to drop in what you have for each weight class? Let me know, I can start a 3rd bracket group.

#43 Sporkee

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:35 PM

View PostArle Vox, on 22 March 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

You can certainly join, but the weight class for each match will be determined on the spot. You might be forced to drop in a Light, Medium, Heavy or Assault class 'mech. Are you prepared to drop in what you have for each weight class? Let me know, I can start a 3rd bracket group.

I have custom mechs in each class so i'm ready to go man.

Edited by Sporkee, 22 March 2018 - 07:36 PM.

#44 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:31 PM

Just requested the 7th off, So ill be there for first rounds.

#45 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:03 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 22 March 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

Just requested the 7th off, So ill be there for first rounds.

This brings up a great point. If you have signed up for the event and are not available during the event time your match will be counted as a loss and you opponent will advance to the next level of the competition.

#46 Giving Em The Business

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 66 posts
  • LocationOn your six, duct tape at the ready

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:57 PM

View PostArle Vox, on 22 March 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

I've also considered match ties. In the event of a first tie, both contestants will play a second match. In the event of a second subsequent tie, both players will be eliminated from the bracket, which means that their intended opponent for the next round would win on account of forfeit.

What do you think? I'm especially looking for comments on the map choices, and what kind of cheese I can expect in a Skirmish on the larger maps. I'm willing to drop the amount of maps that are paired with Skirmish, and this is not a final list.

I kinda like you but this? This is just silly. IMHO Ties are meant to be broken use qualifiers ie most damage then most objective time if there is one like domination. but to lose for drawing twice vs a single opponent makes it kinda idk. there has to be a better way other than penalizing two people for nothing and gifting matches to random others ijs.

#47 Deadborder

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:20 PM

I'd like to give this a shot. Little chance of my advancing, but could be fun no less

#48 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:50 PM

View PostGiving Em The Business, on 23 March 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

I kinda like you but this? This is just silly. IMHO Ties are meant to be broken use qualifiers ie most damage then most objective time if there is one like domination. but to lose for drawing twice vs a single opponent makes it kinda idk. there has to be a better way other than penalizing two people for nothing and gifting matches to random others ijs.

The point of this rule is, if Skirmish-type matches are used on the competition, to avoid players hiding and only engaging like a pop-tart to avoid getting damaged until the clock runs down for a chance to win by points. This HAS occurred in competitive play and the rule was chosen as a means to avoid it.
I don't see this being a problem in Domination as there will be nowhere to hide, and I am considering using only Domination as a game mode to avoid the above scenario as much as possible. If it did happen in Domination then it would mean that the faster 'mech won without proving his/her 'mech piloting skill.

The point is that you will not be rewarded for failing to destroy your objective and will not be rewarded for comparative effort in attempting to do so. You will be given adequate time to engage your enemy, and you risk losing everything by failing to do so.

#49 Giving Em The Business

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 66 posts
  • LocationOn your six, duct tape at the ready

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

View PostArle Vox, on 24 March 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

The point of this rule is, if Skirmish-type matches are used on the competition, to avoid players hiding and only engaging like a pop-tart to avoid getting damaged until the clock runs down for a chance to win by points. This HAS occurred in competitive play and the rule was chosen as a means to avoid it.
I don't see this being a problem in Domination as there will be nowhere to hide, and I am considering using only Domination as a game mode to avoid the above scenario as much as possible. If it did happen in Domination then it would mean that the faster 'mech won without proving his/her 'mech piloting skill.

The point is that you will not be rewarded for failing to destroy your objective and will not be rewarded for comparative effort in attempting to do so. You will be given adequate time to engage your enemy, and you risk losing everything by failing to do so.

Fair enough :)

#50 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:47 AM

DerHuhnTeufel has dropped out of the competition. This means the one player will not be able to compete.

This tournament begins in a week! The contestants will get a directed communique from me later tonight. The competition will advance as follows:
Starting at 4PM, matches will begin. The list of contestants tracks priority of these contestants; if you name appears higher on the list then you have higher priority.
  • WHAT THIS MEANS is that, if you are online you will be paired with another competitor before someone else who is lower on the list gets matched. If you are not online, you will not be paired and the next player in the priority list will be paired in your place. If you need further explanation of this process then let me know and I will try to adequately explain.
Each round will progress as long as we have players to will it (until we can fill the bracket). Round 2 will proceed in the same way as Round 1, and so will the subsequent rounds. If you are not available to compete (for whatever reason) then let us know and we can reschedule your match for the following Saturday.

As much as I would like to get through all of the matches in the time on the 7th, I know that these things can run astray.

Edited by Arle Vox, 28 March 2018 - 06:47 AM.

#51 Sporkee

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:44 PM

I have not received a message from you yet.

#52 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:35 AM

I'm sorry about that, some real life came up. I've sent everyone a message regarding the tournament now - please let me know if you have not received a message and I will re-send it.

Edited by Arle Vox, 01 April 2018 - 10:35 AM.

#53 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

Feyd's Irregulars' Hero's Cup starts in just under 30 minutes! Good luck to the challengers in the tournament, may you all win glory through combat.

#54 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

View PostArle Vox, on 07 March 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

Alright, so the new player's Champion's Cup event did not Current Declared Hero List (To be tested in combat) Cadoazreal Yondu the Ravager WhnDiplomacyFails rookiebob DerHuhnTeufel Johnsparta Giving Em The Business PoLaR - Steel Mike Eels C H E E K I E Z YottsTwitch KIPPERS Nuckin Futz TheSilken BowTiger CatznDogz - Sporkee Deadborder

where are the people that havent shown up yet at we've got 7 need at least an 8th geeze

#55 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

We are waiting for competitors that signed up for this event now! If you signed up, get online and you will be matched with an opponent!
The time of this event starting was publicized, and the event will continue without you if you don't log in within 20 minutes!

Edited by Arle Vox, 07 April 2018 - 02:42 PM.

#56 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

The Hero's cup has completed successfully. We had 8 players total, which was great because that filled up a full tournament bracket. I have learned more about hosting one of these things, and hope to host more in the future.

The Hero chosen today through trials of combat is TheSilken, who has been awarded the Orion-IIC ON1-IIC-SK "Sköll"

I will be setting up a Hero's registry website that showcases current and past Heros (as well as Champions for more Chamption's Cup events I host in the future)

Thank you all for competing!

#57 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

Thank you for the event Arle Vox, I had a lot of fun participating in it and the prize is definitely appreciated. Here's to future events! I would also like to restate that I am certainly happy to assist you with organizing, structuring, and promoting events down the road.

Edited by TheSilken, 07 April 2018 - 07:26 PM.

#58 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:20 AM

I had great fun, C H E E K I E Z I want a rematch b4 Solaris goes live ! same mechs same map, I want practice b4 solaris.

#59 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:58 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 08 April 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

I had great fun, C H E E K I E Z I want a rematch b4 Solaris goes live ! same mechs same map, I want practice b4 solaris.

I need a rematch from you too, woke up at 6am to participate, couldn't shoot legs, couldn't see red smoke, couldn't notice heat and died like a fool.

#60 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:52 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 08 April 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

Nooo, then everyone will see that clans are still op, and buschwackers aren't op people just can't aim :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users