#121 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:18 AM

View PostCathy, on 15 March 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

I don't think there was ever the intention to make a complex game, it was just so much spin, to get people wanting and supporting the game.

E-sport has been on Russ's mind since closed beta, and everything has lead to that, but it's going to fail, without anything supporting it, or at least a fun quick play.

Guild Wars worked because it had people buying copies because of the story lines it built up a fan base. GW2 hasn't been as popular because it deviated from the original pattern to much while still having many of the originals bugs.

This game has nothing to support it in the same way, and hasn't got enough of a player base.

Solaris will sooner or later become a ghost town like FP for much of the same reason, FP did.

Joe Average has little chance of even a small amount of glory, can't even grind a good solo story line, so it will not get used by the people P.G.I and others expect to pay to keep the game running, which will be P.O by lack of FW or P.O'd by lack of population if Russ does back tract.

It's not just the bad mobility that makes the game dull, it's just not exciting anymore, because every single step of the way the various projects have either been badly delayed or less than a third finished, when launched.

MW5 already looks dumbed down from the alpha launch.

Paul's total lack of grasping the brawl AC concept, just shows how little he understands, his own game, and lack of interest in listening to advice.

Ironically this whole unfunning project project has shone a light on certain aspects of the community, and how some have almost echo's P.G.I's statement of we know what we're doing the community should shut up, and get on playing with the game.

With comments about how the potato's should have no say in the thought process of the game and what makes it fun for them.

I do hope that the group that have worked hard, to present an alternative, have taken into consideration what is good for them, may not be good for those lacking their level of skills, or the result even if P.G.I use some of it, will be the same, a game that closes due to lack of interest.

We'll find out when the results are shown

I just wanted to quote this post as i feel 100% the same about 100% of what you said.

#122 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:55 AM

This time next year game on life support.

More people will go to play Jordans game for their Btech fix.

#123 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:10 AM

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 16 March 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

Wouldn’t have been the case if they went to Unreal instead of doing phase 2 & 3 of CW.

#124 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:39 AM

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 16 March 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

Far as i'm concerned the game was put of life support the moment the mw5 reveal trailer was shown and russ stated something about two separate dev teams and that mwo progress would remain as is. Which was abysmally slow with no to little improvement other than the next mech pack. My only want out of mw5 is to be able to learn Unreal and try making my own mods instead of seeing if others have already made a mod or types of mods I'd like.

i'm planing on getting a newer pc this year just for modding purposes and doing my own skyrim mods as well. Funny how much mods alone have kept skyrim interesting for me. I still have never played much of the main story except where adun first raises that dragon, too busy installing and trying mods and just killing half the game population. Inigo still a riot.

Mw5 could be as fun as skyrim if given proper mod support. I expect to see many fun and crazy mods from it from just adding mwo mechs to unseen to things like robotch and voltron. As much as pgi does things half assed if they do only one thing good about mw5 it would be to finally give the community 100% mod support so they can fubar as much as they want while moders 'fix' it all.

#125 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:49 AM

View PostThreeStooges, on 16 March 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

Far as i'm concerned the game was put of life support the moment the mw5 reveal trailer was shown and russ stated something about two separate dev teams and that mwo progress would remain as is. Which was abysmally slow with no to little improvement other than the next mech pack. My only want out of mw5 is to be able to learn Unreal and try making my own mods instead of seeing if others have already made a mod or types of mods I'd like.

i'm planing on getting a newer pc this year just for modding purposes and doing my own skyrim mods as well. Funny how much mods alone have kept skyrim interesting for me. I still have never played much of the main story except where adun first raises that dragon, too busy installing and trying mods and just killing half the game population. Inigo still a riot.

Mw5 could be as fun as skyrim if given proper mod support. I expect to see many fun and crazy mods from it from just adding mwo mechs to unseen to things like robotch and voltron. As much as pgi does things half assed if they do only one thing good about mw5 it would be to finally give the community 100% mod support so they can fubar as much as they want while moders 'fix' it all.

This is a false statement (the beginning). MWO was not put on hold when MW5 announced. Even if you think it's a bad idea in the long run, Solaris and everything attached to it is PART OF MWO. Which clearly shows they are still actively working on and (from their perspective) still investing significant resources (relative to studio size) towards the platform. Just because you don't like a thing, doesn't mean you can simply wave it into nonexistence to serve your narrative.

Full disclosure, I'm not interested in the style of gameplay S7 provides so it's not really a beneficial add for me either.

#126 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:10 PM

"You're game designers! Design it!" - Dane

Amen. Stop making excuses referencing the lore, timeline, etc. Balance the game and the equipment.

#127 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

View PostThroe, on 16 March 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

"You're game designers! Design it!" - Dane

Amen. Stop making excuses referencing the lore, timeline, etc. Balance the game and the equipment.

You say that, but it's nostalgia and often lore stuff that drives so many of the repeat buyers. Besides, PGI's limited ability to code seems to have put immense numbers of potential balancing tools out of reach for MWO.

#128 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:19 PM

View PostThreeStooges, on 16 March 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

If you say PGI does things half-assed, then why do you think they will give 100% mod support? It just does not compute. Posted Image

#129 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:41 AM

View PostMystere, on 16 March 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

If you say PGI does things half-assed, then why do you think they will give 100% mod support? It just does not compute. Posted Image

Mod support MW5:
We are proudly announcing that you will be able to mod your MW5 game. This will include:
- Decals for your mechs
- Coloring your mechs with a full 24bit color picker
- Defining camo patterns for your mechs.
- Adding custom geometry items to your cockpit including custom made warhorns sounds (how cool is that?!)

#130 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:48 AM

And yet nobody noticed how unfun it is to play with the whole comunity nascaring into nothing while leaving slower mechs to die.

Every. Single. Match.
Keep blaming the laser vomit, or the nerf here and there.

Now imagine how fun this game could be if teams could have the brainpower to form firing lines and trading blows, how cool would this game be, instead of playing need for speed :bipeds.

#131 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:59 AM

View PostDashen, on 17 March 2018 - 03:48 AM, said:

need for speed :bipeds.

We need to fix that by adding quadrupeds.

#132 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

View PostDashen, on 17 March 2018 - 03:48 AM, said:

And yet nobody noticed how unfun it is to play with the whole comunity nascaring into nothing while leaving slower mechs to die.

Every. Single. Match.
Keep blaming the laser vomit, or the nerf here and there.

Now imagine how fun this game could be if teams could have the brainpower to form firing lines and trading blows, how cool would this game be, instead of playing need for speed :bipeds.

You can still do that you just need to run with people.

Light mechs want to nascar. Heavier mechs want to firing line.

View PostImperius, on 16 March 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Wouldn’t have been the case if they went to Unreal instead of doing phase 2 & 3 of CW.

Agreed.

#133 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 17 March 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

You can still do that you just need to run with people.

Light mechs want to nascar. Heavier mechs want to firing line.

Agreed.

Ya mean teamplay? noone of my friends want to play this game

Edited by Dashen, 17 March 2018 - 03:44 PM.

#134 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

View PostDashen, on 17 March 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

Ya mean teamplay? noone of my friends want to play this game

Was it because they punished team play and they quit and never came back?

#135 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

View PostImperius, on 17 March 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

I could never get anyone to stick around because they had no tutorial for years, then when they implemented one it was complete garbage.

#136 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:35 PM

View PostImperius, on 17 March 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

Another instance of catering to random, solo, casuals who rarely play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users