Solaris, I Wan't Variant Fight Nights!

5 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

Players get a single Variant to play each other in. A set schedule people could get ready for what event they wanted. (sort of the best mech warrior for each mech kinda thing)

The battles last just 24 hours, and the best score wins. Top players get matched verse each other during the event in one hour blocks.. Aka i'm guessing the matches are fairly quick, so each hour block at the end, you get top players playing rounds for bonus points.

This would be completely separate from the normal match play. (russ stated that each class has separate ELO) But this would be a totally open every man for himself, for 24 hours in a selected mech.

as far as rewards for this, i dunno, maybe it is just a leader board bragging rights thing.. aka the top 3 or 5 or 10 get names in some sorta wall of fame sorta thing.

Could this be a daily thing, or would it be better as a weekly, or monthly? Would people want to see a community based voting for what the next variant war is? Spider 5V! :P

#2 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

Might be something they can use the event system for.

#3 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:27 AM

I hope they put in solaris trial-mech only events.. it's the only way to be sure if I'm better than the other guy.. same mech, same, trial build..

#4 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:08 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 08 March 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

I hope they put in solaris trial-mech only events.. it's the only way to be sure if I'm better than the other guy.. same mech, same, trial build..

Sounds like something a Clanner would say, lol.

Maybe not just trial mechs, but perhaps a system where two players can agree on what mechs and loadouts to use before a battle commences, kind of like a batchall. This could either be exact same builds, or allow for players to agree that one can use something different (less weapons, less firepower, allow one player to put himself at a disadvantage to earn more honor/respect).

#5 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:42 AM

This sounds like a fun feature to have added after Solaris is live and working.

#6 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostForceUser, on 07 March 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

Might be something they can use the event system for.

(opps alt post)

That is exactly what i was thinking. there would need to be some solaris updates/event updates that would make this work to just fight certain mechs verse each other. With clans it would basically be a chassis battle, But IS the variants can be very different.

I know i am very excited to Solaris, and this could be a neat little twist to the new game system. Of course not something i would see in at for launch, but down the road.

Edited by CJ Daxion, 08 March 2018 - 11:47 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users