13 replies to this topic

#1 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:58 PM

just as I clicked to vote map mode, call of arms popped up at the same time, which caused me to click on the call to arms.
so was sent to faction Play

no way to exit out either, had to use task manager to close game, but I was unable to rejoin match after relaunch of game, and it shows the mech in game.

#2 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

Piggy employs their secret weapon to finally make people play FW.

#3 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

they're testing features, soon whether you select invasion, scouting, qp or gq you will just be sent to solaris

#4 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

AAaaaaaHHHhh
so I was a test subject

I hope the team won without me

#5 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

Empty all your drop decks to disable FP.

#6 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

there is an option in settings to turn off fp notifications...

#7 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

View Postvettie, on 08 March 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

there is an option in settings to turn off fp notifications...

yes I know that one, I normally just FP, so sometimes when faction is slow but I want to play, seems only quick play and see a call of arms I Click it, 9 out of 7 times not enough click it.

If I could had just been able to rejoin my match that would been fine, but I was locked from that mech and unable to rejoin

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 08 March 2018 - 05:29 PM.

#8 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:53 AM

You were voting for an unpopular mode weren't you? That's why they sent you to the sin bin of FP. ;)

#9 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:23 AM

"call of arms popped up at the same time, which caused me to click on the call to arms.
so was sent to faction Play"

Pavlov's Dog would have been proud. ;)

#10 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:06 AM

He means the call of arms prompt was right under his mouse when he was trying to vote for a particular map or mode, so he was trying to click on the voting screen but the prompt intercepted his click.

That's super annoying thing considering we've had mouse driven UIs for decades, and still OS and other programs don't take account the mouse location when they are drawing new interactable UI elements to the screen. It's about the principle, if Microsoft can't do it you can't really expect it from PGI either.

#11 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostAramuside, on 09 March 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

You were voting for an unpopular mode weren't you? That's why they sent you to the sin bin of FP. Posted Image

oh, maybe . . I was probably voting for something that required more team orientation , so it was a feature, that decided for me what would have been a better playing experince

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 09 March 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

He means the call of arms prompt was right under his mouse when he was trying to vote for a particular map or mode, so he was trying to click on the voting screen but the prompt intercepted his click.

That's super annoying thing considering we've had mouse driven UIs for decades, and still OS and other programs don't take account the mouse location when they are drawing new interactable UI elements to the screen. It's about the principle, if Microsoft can't do it you can't really expect it from PGI either.

yup, that's was it . . just to be clear, it was mode , if that call to arms was to cover map . . wow that would be a big pop up Posted Image

Oh and forgot

the mech was still in match , and I could not rejoin, there was no rejoin option,that's what bugged me the most

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 09 March 2018 - 10:42 AM.

#12 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

Firefox manages it just fine; the download file prompt starts with the accept button disabled if the mouse is already hovering over it (or it used to).

#13 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:52 AM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 09 March 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

oh, maybe . . I was probably voting for something that required more team orientation , so it was a feature, that decided for me what would have been a better playing experince

yup, that's was it . . just to be clear, it was mode , if that call to arms was to cover map . . wow that would be a big pop up Posted Image

Next up - fullscreen call to arms that is disabled only by sending an SMS to a short number. Of course all the shekels thusly acquired will only be used for development of new mech packs with small percentage going to numerous one-day accounts on Gibson... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 08 March 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

they're testing features, soon whether you select invasion, scouting, qp or gq you will just be sent to solaris

Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users