Trial By Fire Phase 2: Need Some Loadout Recommendations

26 replies to this topic

#21 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

One is the standard Laser Vomit and the second is the standard SRM+A build (have bad luck with streaks) Got my needed KMDDs but it required some face time to focus on one target and the 'Crow does better as a hit and run mech.

#22 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:15 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 14 March 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Why snub nose PPCs? If I remember they have short range, wouldn't a pair of ERLLs be better than an a pair of Snub Nose PPCs?

Because the 000 has only one pair of energy hardpoints, you should be building for brawling and ERLLs are a terrible weapon for brawling. Snubs are lighter than PPCs or HPPCs and don't have their minimum range. They are lighter and cooler than ERPPCs.

If you still have two free slots and two free tons after setting up the snubs, by all means replace them with normal PPCs.

Edited by Horseman, 14 March 2018 - 10:16 PM.

#23 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:35 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 14 March 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

I had a tough run with the Storm Crow. Got my KMDDs but it was a frustrating how easy it was for enemies to strip my armor.

As with most clan mech the SCR is a glass cannon. Still, I had zero problems to get KMDDs with a SCR vomit build. I just had to fight the urge to seek enemy contact too early on. Being either in a flanking position or in 2nd line and finishing off damaged mechs goes a long way in scoring victory, damage and KMDDs.

#24 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:08 AM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 14 March 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Why snub nose PPCs? If I remember they have short range, wouldn't a pair of ERLLs be better than an a pair of Snub Nose PPCs?

Also because they do their damage faster (unless you miss), which works in your favour if you're hunting for KMDD in particular. They're short ranged, but the King Crab is tough enough to get right in the faces of people

#25 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:51 AM

So finished the Dragon Challenge. Tried a few build suggestions that were quite solid, from this thread as well as other sources, based on various LB/UAC/AC combos, and for some reason couldn't get anything to click for me, managing a whopping ZERO KMDDs (the builds were awesome, I think I was the problem there. Posted Image)

Ended up going for it in the Trial Dragon, and got 2 KMDDs my first match.

Resigned myself to my fate and farmed the rest in the Trial, which actually went pretty quickly, despite the fact that it had no business doing so.

Finished the Blackjack last night, in an Arrow that I had built out with LFE 235, LFF Armor, Endo, DHS, MPLs, and HMGs. Got 5/6 KMDDs with that one, and the 6th one in the Trial Blackjack after my Arrow died on a Conquest map in the first few minutes, and I was waiting for the match to end so I could use it again.

On to the Panther!

And thanks, everyone, a lot of great suggestions in here!

#26 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:59 AM

View PostBrethren, on 15 March 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

As with most clan mech the SCR is a glass cannon. Still, I had zero problems to get KMDDs with a SCR vomit build. I just had to fight the urge to seek enemy contact too early on. Being either in a flanking position or in 2nd line and finishing off damaged mechs goes a long way in scoring victory, damage and KMDDs.

Guess my drops have just been more chaotic, 2nd line got me the kills but not the KMDD's. I had to stick with a target and made sure to be pounding him into the dirt before I got a KMDD on my score board.

#27 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:49 AM

I tried several builds on the SCR, including a pretty successful SPL boat. Eventually settled on an 8xERuL + 3xSSRM6+2xLTAG build (one LTAG in each arm to keep the locks going even if an arm gets shot off)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users