171 replies to this topic

#81 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

Just a thought: you should add the Bagpipe warhorns into the loot bags, and not just have the Envious Eardrums. They used to be the "green" warhorn, but Bagpipes are much more appropriate to the holiday. :)

#82 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:20 PM

View Postlive1991, on 16 March 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Hello Mate,

The sale is to help players wanting to play in MRBC, These are common mechs used in MRBC.

Do you have any idea why the HBR-A, which is on sale, might be better than the HBR-Prime?

Thanks,
CFC conky

#83 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:33 PM

Maybe it's been asked before, but what was the selection criteria for the sale variants?

#84 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:44 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 16 March 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Do you have any idea why the HBR-A, which is on sale, might be better than the HBR-Prime?

Thanks,
CFC conky

I will ask

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 16 March 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

Maybe it's been asked before, but what was the selection criteria for the sale variants?

MRBC gave a list of mechs that had common use in MRBC, MRBC ruleset and limitations see many mechs used over all divisions.

#85 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

I cannot believe that the osiris javelin and assassin variants in this sale are teh MRBC preferred picks, were the MRBC people worked with on this sale or was this one a pgi dartboard ?

View PostDangerousOne, on 16 March 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

Encouragement and forcing are different things. This time they've done everything right.

it is impossible for you do be forced to spend your time PLAYING a computer GAME for BONUS rewards for playing the game types they would like you to play during that event, The rewards are for people willing to spend the time for bonus's, you dont have to do it, and it helps get more people playing.

The match score req for FP is too low.

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 16 March 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

sale is just meh. half price mech bay is sweet but the mechs for sale just meh.

View PostMercarryn, on 16 March 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

Well, I'd not say that this mech sale is bad. Quite some nice offers in there like the Mad Cat MKII B or the Osiris, mechs that are on c-bills only recently.
And moreover there are some solid older chassis like Griffin 2N or the Grashopper 5H; I am sure there are new players around who would really like to buy one of these.

i disagree the mechs are "just meh' i also disagree with the examples you are giving as good mechs out of the sale mechs available.

The osiris is terrible, the mad kat mkII B is one of the worst variants, GRF got f'd by the engine desync, and grasshopper 5h has been nurfed into oblivion.

The good mechs in this sale are imo are the hellbringer, ebon jag, hbkiica, linebacker, huntsman, myst lynx, artic wolf(which i picked up about a week ago QQ). The blr-1g, cyclops 10Q , annihilator and warhammer.

The Atlas, Dragon, commando wolfhound supernova summoner roughneck are all decent

View PostCFC Conky, on 16 March 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Thanks,
CFC conky

There both omni with same CT's it doesnt bloody matter you can change pods.

#86 Toek

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

Why no bonus loot bags for solaris pack buyers? I mean, i did spent money on the game as well as Fafnir or Blood ASP buyers.

#87 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:16 AM

toek, look at phase two...

#88 Toek

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:18 AM

Oh ok, that's fair. Missed that!

#89 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:34 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 16 March 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

I cannot believe that the osiris javelin and assassin variants in this sale are teh MRBC preferred picks, were the MRBC people worked with on this sale or was this one a pgi dartboard ?

100% MRBC

Please understand MRBC is not always about the best mechs every drop, we have rules and limitations that make teams bring mechs that not the very best.
We also have teams from A to E, what is good in Div E is not good in Div A, Each Div normally has it only play style and meta.
The mech sale is to help new players, and teams build up a deck so they can play.

i disagree the mechs are "just meh' i also disagree with the examples you are giving as good mechs out of the sale mechs available.

The osiris is terrible, the mad kat mkII B is one of the worst variants, GRF got f'd by the engine desync, and grasshopper 5h has been nurfed into oblivion.

The good mechs in this sale are imo are the hellbringer, ebon jag, hbkiica, linebacker, huntsman, myst lynx, artic wolf(which i picked up about a week ago QQ). The blr-1g, cyclops 10Q , annihilator and warhammer.

The Atlas, Dragon, commando wolfhound supernova summoner roughneck are all decent

Again mechs for all divs and all playstyles, you see teams with sub-par mechs and builds pull of amazing wins, as that is the way they play.

This sale is not BEST MECHS IN THE GAME, but a selection of mechs used in MRBC and comps at ALL Levels of play.

But yes the MAD- IIC B should have been MAD-IIC seems to be a mix-up, but **** happens.

Edited by live1991, 17 March 2018 - 12:37 AM.

#90 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

I'd like to know on the IS side what mech is better than the Osiris in the light class (given the mechs already in it).

Same for the GHP-5H, what better options are there in that class of mech exactly?

The MKII-B is what the KDK3 was... Not sure how that is a bad variant at all. It's one of the best assault mechs in the game.

#91 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:12 AM

The Javelin and Assassin variants are the actual good picks. To the point that it indicates that someone with good knowledge had input. The meta has changed since the last tournament. The ACW has taken a bunch of the Assassin's place, but the ASN-23 is the superior variant to the ASN-21 now. And the 6 SRM2 Javelin is indeed the best comp one.

There are a couple other pretty good prescient picks in there like the Urbanmech and Commando-1D as well. The Grasshopper 5H is the one many people are raving about for PPC builds, although there's still some debate. But it's still relevant.

The only weird ones are the Wolverine, Griffin and Victor picks.

Edited by Krivvan, 17 March 2018 - 01:13 AM.

#92 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:40 AM

javelins have better hard point locations, better hitboxes for shielding, better quirks than osiris. Locusts have better speed if you need more speed.

if it needs to be IS, mjolnir, whm-6d or blk-6b-knt (pretty sure cant use mjolnir in mrbc though right). If not, hellbringer also.

It can't be what the kdk3 4 uac10 build was because the kdk-3 got the weapon nurfed instead of the mech.

It is also lower mounts on the mech than kdk-3

Arm mounted vs side torso mounted ....

So its definately not what the kdk-3 was.

But having said that, I only got the standard pack when it came out, guess i will buy a 4th MKII and have some fun with that, definately worth playing I was wrong in saying it was terrible.

Still consider the Scorch build MKII and the dual guase laser build MKII's better though.

#93 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:45 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 17 March 2018 - 01:40 AM, said:

javelins have better hard point locations, better hitboxes for shielding, better quirks than osiris. Locusts have better speed if you need more speed.

The Osiris is better for the corner poke. If you wanted an alternative, the Jenner-F is actually a better choice than either the Javelin or Locust with the better turn, torso twist, yaw angle, and mounts. The shielding hitboxes become more irrelevant with that style of Light mech, as you are generally not actually ever visible for much. If you wanted more of a medium range poker that may need to take hits, you'd go with a Wolfhound. If you wanted to knife-fight, you'd go with a MLX or even ACH (although the ACH is very slowly losing relevance).

Edited by Krivvan, 17 March 2018 - 01:46 AM.

#94 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:59 AM

if the ghr-h is for ppc poptart then ill retract it being bad, i dont ppc poptart, thought it was for laser alpha, hbk-iic-a with higher mounts isn't a better choice for that?

Edited by Cadoazreal, 17 March 2018 - 01:59 AM.

#95 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:05 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 17 March 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

if the ghr-h is for ppc poptart then ill retract it being bad, i dont ppc poptart, thought it was for laser alpha, hbk-iic-a with higher mounts isn't a better choice for that?

But again.

In that weight class, for IS, what are the better choices??????

GHP-5H has heat gen and armour quirks, one of the better mechs

#96 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:09 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 17 March 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

The HBK-IIC-A isn't a Heavy. MRBC has strict weight class and other restrictions. Such as only one set of duplicate mechs allowed in a match.

For example, if you hypothetically wanted to have a full PPC poptart team with 2L/4M/2H, but needed both your Lights to be a WLF or something, then you'd bring something like HBK-IIC-A, ACW, NVA, HMN. SMN, and GHR-5H all together. Mechs that are second best at something (or even third and fourth best) often get taken instead of just the best.

EDIT: In general, often times one of the most fun part of MRBC is trying to figure out mechs to fit a strat or deck and discovering those 3rd or 4th best mechs for a playstyle. Mechs like the Adder and Urbanmech, for example, suddenly become great choices for an MRBC Drop 1 (4 Mediums, 4 Lights, Domination) when you are unlikely to see them in many other contexts.

Edited by Krivvan, 17 March 2018 - 02:57 AM.

#97 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

What is MRBC stand for ? These mechs look kinda like top tier picks.

#98 Shock21

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:37 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 16 March 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

Just a thought: you should add the Bagpipe warhorns into the loot bags, and not just have the Envious Eardrums. They used to be the "green" warhorn, but Bagpipes are much more appropriate to the holiday. Posted Image

*cringe* Scottish Mechwarriors are plotting your death as we speak

#99 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:42 AM

View PostShock21, on 17 March 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

*cringe* Scottish Mechwarriors are plotting your death as we speak

*cough* *cough* Posted Image

#100 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:38 PM

The Irish pipes are called Uilleann Pipes (aka Union or Elbow).

https://en.wikipedia.../Uilleann_pipes

Z

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users