Good stuff, keep it up guys! Posted Image

#22 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:34 PM

View PostMystere, on 16 March 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

Well, that's what whining and crying loudly does. They always produce results.

No MG nerfs though, so not always :D

#23 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:38 PM

Find the problem in this image:

Posted Image

Knowing PGI's track record of knowing this game well!!!.... I give them a hint, the king crab is not the one with a problem

#24 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

I dunno man, but Firestarter has more arm actuators that allows to aim more on the sides and lower.

King Crab arms are torso locked, worse angle range so you gotta turn the whole barn for that, so yes, more angles for the KGC.

Otherwise, the Firestarter might be anorexic and may need to eat more to get better structure buffs?

these are simply observations mind you, not a definitive argument to justify what you're presenting Posted Image

Edited by WarmasterRaptor, 16 March 2018 - 08:47 PM.

#25 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 March 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

- Inner Sphere SRM/2
Heat reduced to 1.7 (from 2)

And that's why you shouldn't ignore players feedback LINK. Wrote about it HALF A YEAR AGO!!!!

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 March 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Banshee:
  • BNC-3S
- Ballistic cooldown increased to -15% (from -10%)

- Missile cooldown increased to -15% (from -10%)

- Has received a new Weapon Heat Gen -10% quirk

- Has received new Armor quirks across front torso, arms, and leg locations.

Banshee Design notes: Compared to its more mobility based counterparts, the BNC-3S' has lagged a bit behind its alternative variants. As a Banshee Variant that heavily reconfigured the classic mobile configuration into a more traditional Tank / Weapon platform role, we wanted to provide the 'Mech with a bit of an upgrade to better position the 3S into this role.

To be honest, since most Banshee 3E builds that not completely suck are FORCED to rely on STD engines (3 AC-5, 4 UAC-2), the same statement could go for 3E. I think you should consider buffing it too, because right now it is SO outdated, that feels like anachronism.
Giving 3E it's AC-5 CD back or some small caliber quirks would be so much welcome.

Edited by GweNTLeR, 16 March 2018 - 10:00 PM.

#26 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:15 PM

View PostMystere, on 16 March 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

Well, that's what whining and crying loudly does. They always produce results.

Consumables are really the only thing in the game that could be considered Pay-to-Win so its not like them getting nerfed is a bad thing.

#27 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Good patch, please keep this buffing of weaker weapons going. It cheers me up to see a patch so positive interested of been kicked in the jewel's. Big thumbs up from me.

#28 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:25 PM

View PostRhialto, on 16 March 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

LB-2X sound still not fixed...

Many shadows still not fixed, it's been over a year! Archer, Catapult, Kodiak...

Decals not properly stickied still not fixed...

Priorities....

#29 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:30 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 16 March 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

[/i][/b][/b]

THEN GIVE IT MORE TORSO PITCH.

MY GOD... why are you so disconnected from the dynamics of this game and the problems of each chassis?!

[/i][/b][/b]

No damage increase for small lasers, and small pulse lasers?
yeah... keep trying... keep resisting... keep ignoring...
DAMAGE is the problem.
look at how things were in June.
All you needed to do was to reduce C-SPL damage to 5 and increase IS-SL damage to 4... but, can't have that... gotta resist. right?

More than one way to skin a cat....

#30 Deadead

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:48 PM

I like the fixes ands changes here. Gotta ask though. Nova medium lasers not working properly with prime quirks. I sent a ticket and gof email confirmation 3 or 4 patches ago confirming that there was in fact a problem. I'm surprised it wasn't fixed yet. An wondering, will it any time soon? Problem being nova prime quirk says medium laser(not specifying er pulse or heavy, and clans don't have a generic medium laser so should be good for all. )but only gets applied to ER meds and no other.

#31 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:50 PM

Well, seeing more weapon balance is encouraging, even if there's still a LONG ways to go.

Honestly we need to see Pulse Lasers pushed further in a DPS direction over Laser Vomit alpha damage to help differentiate them. That would be a start, but the high laser vomit alphas still need to be addressed. Incremental steps, I know, but it feels the steps could be a bit bigger each patch. Regardless, more weapons were addressed this patch than last patch . . . which is an improvement . . .so please keep up that number of adjustments per patch, at least.

Also, the Flamer . . . can we please see it be addressed and fixed? I've outlined it a number of times before and recently have outlined it several times in phased implementations that are right up Paul's alley for incremental changes. Fixed Flat values are the goal, though. Restore the pre-flamergeddon damage, get rid of the exponential scaling and firing windows, and bring the Heat DPS and HPS into controllable values that prevent any balancing headaches. Please . . . this weapon has been left to languish for far too long.

#32 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

I quite like the changes in this one, especially the additional event type options, and the fix for kills :)
MASC changes are nice, didn't really expect to see those.

@Matt, any idea when we will be getting IS Omni-mechs?

#33 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

Faction Play Changes:
  • Players will no longer be penalized for breaking Loyalty pledges or Mercenary Contracts.

Reset people to still having their highest ranks earned then thanks.
  • Contracts will now remain active until manually cancelled, and the cancellation of a Mercenary Contract will not incur a penalty.
  • As a result, Unit Leaders and members with sufficient permissions can take new Faction Contracts or Loyalist pledges for the Unit at any time.
  • There are no Desertion phases after breaking Contracts or Loyalty. However, the Loyalist Probationary period starting from the initial pledge remains in place.
Why are you keeping the aspect that hurts new players ? anyone with experience in the game will get this imbecilic additional penalty added for no good rason to the game done in scouting, while new players will say, wait, ive spent 6+ hours in this game in faction play for 0 cbills ? screw that ill play something else. Why still PENALISING loyalists over mercs ?
  • Freelancers will now be able to respond to standard Call To Arms. They are no longer restricted to the last-minute Emergency Call To Arms.

So your going to encourage new players to drop into FP/CW without the bonus's for leveling up a faction/mercs or the bonus for "population imbalances" ? why implement things that will futher depress new players when they wont get the amount of rewards for playing FP as they should/would with a few more decent tooltips / a 3 min video they have to watch before they can join FP/CW............ being 2 simple helpful ideas.</p>

Posted Image

Skill Tree changes:
Re-spec/re-equip costs have been removed from Skill Trees.

Hurray, just in time for Solaris, now can we please get some templates / save multiple skill tree setups added ?

Changes to Mech Quirks:
Griffin:
  • GRF-E
- The Sparky has received a light mobility increase
- Energy Heat Gen and Energy Cooldown have been rolled over into universal quirks of the same value. Although this will not result in any change in performance, its intention is to consolidate the listed quirks so that when combined with skills unlocked through the skill tree, the total bonus value is displayed as a singular entry as opposed to two separate entries.
  • GRF-1N
- Has received a moderate mobility increase
- Existing Missile Cooldown -10% and Energy Cooldown -5% values have been consolidated into a Universal Cooldown -5%
- Has received a new Universal Range +10% quirk
- Has received a new Missile Velocity +10% quirk
  • GRF-1S
- Has received a moderate mobility increase
- Energy Range 10% quirk converted into a Universal Range +10% quirk

Griffin Design notes: We wanted to provide a light boost to some of the under-performing Griffin Variants to better align them against their alternative variants.

Griffons got DESTROYED by engine desync, the 2N and 3M were the only good ones b4 desync, its going to take more than the above to make those variants worth considering, this looks like a paul dartboard moment.

Banshee:
  • BNC-3S
- Ballistic cooldown increased to -15% (from -10%)
- Missile cooldown increased to -15% (from -10%)
- Has received a new Weapon Heat Gen -10% quirk
- Has received new Armor quirks across front torso, arms, and leg locations.
Banshee Design notes: Compared to its more mobility based counterparts, the BNC-3S' has lagged a bit behind its alternative variants. As a Banshee Variant that heavily reconfigured the classic mobile configuration into a more traditional Tank / Weapon platform role, we wanted to provide the 'Mech with a bit of an upgrade to better position the 3S into this role.

Tempted to get one for a try, wish it was in this sale.

#34 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:08 PM

Lol, they're buffing the wrong things again.

I mean since when does LGR needed more range? GR at actual long-range is already quite-enough, and the instant-hit of ER Large Lasers are adequate at similar ranges even if they compensate with more beams.

View PostLionheart2012, on 16 March 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

More than one way to skin a cat....

True. But this is not it.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 16 March 2018 - 11:10 PM.

#35 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:32 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 16 March 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

I mean since when does LGR needed more range? GR at actual long-range is already quite-enough, and the instant-hit of ER Large Lasers are adequate at similar ranges even if they compensate with more beams.

IMO, LGR is a nice niche long range weapon. Increasing its optimal range sound like a good thing to further tune it that way. Combined with 3 ERLL it works quite fine.

#36 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:33 PM

lmao people actually upset over the airstrike nerf

#37 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:47 PM

View PostYosharian, on 16 March 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

RIGHT!
Aside from skilltree change, that's the best part these patch notes. (Not that there was much competition given the competency of the rest the stuff. Those Atlas and LGR "Buffs"......Posted Image)

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 16 March 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

So tired of Clan Machine gun boating lights .. can we either give IS the equivalent or nerf the **** out of the 8+ machine guns ???

Not til the PIR is out for cbills man. Come on, we know how the system works round here.

Edited by TechChris, 17 March 2018 - 12:07 AM.

#38 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:48 PM

View PostYosharian, on 16 March 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

It can't actually hit on the other side of most cover anymore... Why wouldn't people get upset? They just need to start the bombing run 40% of the way further down the bombard line of the original, and keep all other changes. The range is what makes this useful, but having effectively the same hit distance as the arty is going to make it worthless for many.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 16 March 2018 - 11:49 PM.

#39 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:12 AM

I like this patch, mostly. Mech buffs are great.
Not sure about CW changes. Many people will be glad because of them, but i'm afraid people will abuse them to rapidly switch sides, to avoid strong opposing units. You probably heard those petty "can't beat them - join them". Now it will be unrestricted. Very poor design.
Weapon changes however are lacking. This "microchanges" stretch over half a year, is not a sound strategy. This design was born out of devs PTSD after several failures. It made the game very stale. And after many years of this Waitwarrior, it is much harder to be patient.
Do the balance changes as game needs them, don't stretch them over several months. Please.

#40 Violator

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:39 AM

Anything about the Linebacker UAC5 floating mid air? Anyway, decent patch and thanks for the Hero mechs. Not too excited about their hardpoints but thanks anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users