106 replies to this topic

#101 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:48 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 22 March 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

Yes I believe that. I didn't claim you should be getting 1600 xp per game, it was other guy. I just commented that it's not real stats to take few unlucky games with the supernova.

The game is already tracking that stuff for you. 70 games for 91 nodes would be 73k exp. Most average players should get about 900-1200 XP per game depending on chassis.

You can look your stats from here. Look any mech you've played like >50 games. Look at the total XP received and divede by number of games.
https://mwomercs.com...stats?type=mech

And if some mechs had odd amounts of games just look for one with normal amounts.

Unlucky games? Dude the overall eveing was about 400 matchscore average. Just not manny wins.... WTF are you talking about? I do NOT get 2 nodes per match in my BEST mechs...... Thats the point.

THE ONLY MECHS THAT HAVE MORE THAN 1600XP PER MATCH ARE THE OLD ONE THAT I I DID NOT TOUCH SINCE SKILL MAZE IS HERE.

ThAnd then again that link - stats where half the games are missing, where mechs have games that i never played..... but yeah pgi....

The best assault for me is the Deathstrike - and that one on average gets still below 2 nodes per match.

How is my argument, that you have to be a really good player to get 2 nodes per match invalid?
A new player, and i have brought a few new players into the game and tryed to xplain a bit often gets below 1/4 of a node at the start. The **** man can u please stop trolling?

Edited by Cara Carcass, 23 March 2018 - 12:57 AM.

#102 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:14 AM

View PostKotzi, on 23 March 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Just a little reminder because somehow some people seem to "forget" those facts.

1. Once a module was unlocked it never needed to be unlocked again.
2. You could sell both mechs after you levelled the one you wanted.
3. New players dont have your Cbill amounts. They have to either level their mech or buy equipment because Skill Nodes cost cbills now. You think this grind is a great incentive for new players to stay? You think they wouldnt like having to buy 2 other mechs they could eventually play rather than put cbills into that stupid maze without the experience to know whicht way to go?
4. This is a Cbill and time sink for new players, if it would be any "RPG" element you wouldnt have to waste points and maze this skill tree.

And forcing new players to spend precious c-bills to buy two mechs and even at a certain point force them to buy two more mechbays instead of one is great? Come on man. It doesn't cost more c-bills to skill a mech now PERIOD. So don't use that for the argument cause its false info. Selling mechs for half of what you paid for them (if that....if you didnt strip em first.) is TERRIBLE gameplay and ends up costing that player MORE later on if they decide to get those mechs again in the future.

#103 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:46 AM

View PostCara Carcass, on 23 March 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

"Unlucky games? Dude the overall eveing was about 400 matchscore average. Just not manny wins.... WTF are you talking about? I do NOT get 2 nodes per match in my BEST mechs...... Thats the point."

Im talking about exactly what I talked about. You mentioned a bunch of games with Supernova and the XP average was clearly below your level, making it a nonsense argument because those few games were unlucky ones.

"How is my argument, that you have to be a really good player to get 2 nodes per match invalid?"

Well, I never commented that because it seemed clear. Now I will. Yes it's very correct, you'd have to be pretty good to get 1600 XP on average.

#104 Wil McCullough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:06 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 22 March 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

Good jokes man.

When I unlocked archor turn on my mechs it was so great that even my teeth got whiter. And when I finally unlocked convergence, which was 4k XP or something like that, oh man, it was so great I run out of postulates.

Skill tree 2.0 can never deliver that kind of experience. Skill tree 2.0 has all these stupid-*** gated notes that do nothing.

Hahaha you're right. My rose tinted glasses actually made me forget about anchor turn and whatsthatnode that let you start up.yiur mech faster. I was thinking about speed tweak and coolrun when i wrote that.

For a system that's supposed to be an upgrade over the previous one, there's still this.problem where it's just as bad. The grind is just aa bad, the nodes are just as uninteresting, meaningful customization is just as terrible, nodes are just as redundant and uninspiring. Same same but different. And that's not a good thing.

#105 D00MSLAYER

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:05 AM

To give a bit of new(ish) player perspective:

Picked up MWO on initial release for a couple weeks, then didn't play until i returned a few days ago.

My account had the following when I returned:

- ~48k in GXP
- 1x Catapult (dual PPC variant), 1x CN9-AL (with 8/13 mastery points refunded).
- a small amount of CBills (don't remember, but < 5m) and probably a few equipment parts

I'm now 31h in on this second try (according to Steam) and my status is this:

- completed the tutorial (all achievements) and completed Trial by Fire Event (Clan, Phase 2) for a couple million of CBills.
- sold my old mechs, bought 1x TBR-D and 1x SCR-PRIME (using omnimechs for new players to play around was a suggestion that came up frequently).
- 94 nodes unlocked on the TBR-D
- 43 nodes unlocked on the SCR-PRIME
- 5.1m CBills

My stats:
Number of games played: 101
Accumulative C-Bills Per Match: 115,729.90
Avg. XP Per Match: 531.31

I wish I could earn 2 nodes per match Posted Image
Not sure I make it till I specced 5 mechs for my drop decks, so I can participate in FW at this pace Posted Image

Oh, and regarding the sentiment that skills are useless: quite the opposite. Especially the Survival tree is so important, that PGI could scrap it and add the 15% armor and 30% structure bonus to the default stats.

#106 Phoolan Devi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:27 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 22 March 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

So while it cost more XP you were getting 3-4x more XP per match, actually I have a feeling it might even be more 5-6x even. I can't remember seeing it noted down in patch notes what the difference actually was, but there was a change to the XP system.

I think they lowered the xp-payout for damage and increased the xp-payout for objectives and helpful stuff (ams, scouting, narc etc pp)

Yeah and once it was unlocked. It was unlocked, forever. You never needed to respec anything.

You just changed loadout and a module to suit (although back then Seismic/Derp was more common and rarely swapped) and off you went.

And wut? Don't need to respec? If you change from Ballistic to Missiles to Lasers you need to respec. So you end up unlocking a potential 30+ extra nodes throughout the maze, said that a number of times now.

True....but we are talking about NEW players here! Not about players 1-2 years in. For them yhe new system is way better and cheaper! Nothing else was I saying and even agree, that over the long run, the grind is more now, but that doesn't matter, since it's no problem for an experienced player.

To your respec comment: I clearly stated, that when I now change the loadout within the ballistic weapon group, missile group or laser grouo, I do not have to respec, while in the old system, I had to get a new module when I did a minor thing like change a srm 6 for a srm 4. As a player who had played over a year or two no problem at all, for a new player a problem because of gxp costs!

#107 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

View PostMystere, on 18 March 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

You know what? For some people, any grind is "outrageous".

Hell, do we really need a skill tree?

Maybe if we had a roster of pilots on our accounts... other wise, no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users