Predictions and Bias - the Old School Way

45 replies to this topic

#41 Hjorhrafn

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

I sincerely hope for a redesign of the Jagermech and the Thunderbolt. Especially the T-bolt. It is one of those mechs that I really like the idea of, but the visual just killed any desire to pilot it. Real "blech" looking mech.

#42 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

T-bolt has a lot of cool weapons choices. Isn't the Jagermech pretty light on armor?

#43 Hjorhrafn

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, lack of armor is the main operational problem with the Jager, but it looks like an Urbie and a Rifleman made sweet, sweet love, and the Jagermech was born.

#44 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

View PostHjorhrafn, on 24 December 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

Yeah, lack of armor is the main operational problem with the Jager, but it looks like an Urbie and a Rifleman made sweet, sweet love, and the Jagermech was born.

And their baby was beautiful. Then he grew up.
Actually, I like the Jagermech, I have good images of it from Mechcommander, where the armor problem was less of a problem. In the expansion campaign it is a starter, and wades through the enemies. My friends and I made a term from that, where if you just take hits "like a man" you "Jagermeched it." It was only later I realized how measly Jager armor is. It was a sad day.

Oh, and back on subject, I do hope they do a moderate redesign of the Jager, but I don't expect they will change it much.

#45 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

I would have gone with it being the lovechild of an Urbanmech and a Blackjack. Blackjack, Rifleman, Jagermech... will be interesting to see how well those work in the matches, since they're pretty much anti-aerospace from my recollection.

#46 Duke Pitt

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

View PostKillBox, on 22 December 2011 - 11:57 AM, said:

That is the most godaweful ugliest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

It's like... it was supposed to be cool, but somebody spilled coffee on the original drafts...

Have you seen the Stalker lately? And from what I've seen alot of the original art of the Sunder had it looking like a drunk made it with an erector set. I think one of the best looking mechs in terms of bad-*** to functional ratio is the Hauptman.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users