Lrmers: Have Some Courtesy And Brink An Ams

86 replies to this topic

#81 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:37 AM

View Postroekenny, on 22 March 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

It's never hell as always in my kitfox at the moment as having 5 tons of ammo drained most matches is oddly satisfying knowing just nerfed the bulk of more than 1 mechs dps. Also mechs tend to gravitate to you for some reason and act as meat shields can't think why however heh.

Yeah...after posting on this thread I decided to take my Purifier Kitfox out for a few rounds. I have mine loaded up with 4 ER mediums a NARC w/1 ton ammo ECM and 3x AMS w/3 tons ammo.

I had to remind team mates to try to keep behind me to maximize my three AMS. Because if they are behind me and targeted by LRMs they gain the equivilent effects of having SIX! AMS on their own mechs.

The one match I did get on Polar (1 in 8 in this play session) was hilariously satisfying having shot down over 1000 missiles dealing over 450 damage with the ER mediums and burning through my whole ton of NARC ammo allowing my team's Supernova lurmboat to put down almost 1200 damage.

#82 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:05 AM

Let me introduce you to the Deluxe version of the Iron Dome KFX:

https://mwo.smurfy-n...78745898116cc0a

Because my goodness, if you want to skunk missiles is the Nova a terror. Sadly, you'd need the Hero to really get any decent amount of missile hardpoints to LRM back, but you can always opt to leave the NARC off and go with something like a HLL+3ERML for a respectable burn instead.

#83 roekenny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:45 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 23 March 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

Because my goodness, if you want to skunk missiles is the Nova a terror. Sadly, you'd need the Hero to really get any decent amount of missile hardpoints to LRM back, but you can always opt to leave the NARC off and go with something like a HLL+3ERML for a respectable burn instead.

Nova is a beast but prefer 6 heavy mediums and fill the rest with ammo and heatskinks for that lovely 60 alpha can poptart with but have more luck with the kitfox atm due to the high torso mounts mean can peek and tank with left arm.

#84 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostLykaon, on 23 March 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

Yeah...after posting on this thread I decided to take my Purifier Kitfox out for a few rounds. I have mine loaded up with 4 ER mediums a NARC w/1 ton ammo ECM and 3x AMS w/3 tons ammo.

I had to remind team mates to try to keep behind me to maximize my three AMS. Because if they are behind me and targeted by LRMs they gain the equivilent effects of having SIX! AMS on their own mechs.

The one match I did get on Polar (1 in 8 in this play session) was hilariously satisfying having shot down over 1000 missiles dealing over 450 damage with the ER mediums and burning through my whole ton of NARC ammo allowing my team's Supernova lurmboat to put down almost 1200 damage.

View PostBrain Cancer, on 23 March 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

View Postroekenny, on 23 March 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

Nova is a beast but prefer 6 heavy mediums and fill the rest with ammo and heatskinks for that lovely 60 alpha can poptart with but have more luck with the kitfox atm due to the high torso mounts mean can peek and tank with left arm.

Y'all are starting to make me want to grab either a Kitfox or Nova and go LRM-hunting, lol. I'd probably go with the Nova, seeing as it has jumpjets to help with mobility. Poptarting and lasing with a Nova would be secondary to using the jumpjets for better mobility, seeing as the Nova isn't the sort of mech you want to take focus fire in.

#85 roekenny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostGen Lee, on 23 March 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

Y'all are starting to make me want to grab either a Kitfox or Nova and go LRM-hunting, lol. I'd probably go with the Nova, seeing as it has jumpjets to help with mobility. Poptarting and lasing with a Nova would be secondary to using the jumpjets for better mobility, seeing as the Nova isn't the sort of mech you want to take focus fire in.

Novas are not that squishy and you get enough airtime to pop up on hmg manifold do a burn and drop before they can return fire just act as over-watch on second line and heavies love you as unless your components are open lights will avoid you like the plague as a you can kneecap them far too easily. That or flame nova as 6 flamers are not to be scoffed at when brawling, just get a brawling buddy and enjoy the salt :3 Can do all that and still have 3 ams such a versatile mech if want to troll from afar and near.

#86 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,725 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:39 AM

Hmm I'm running my flamer Nova with 4xmg(hmg?) but I rather like the idea of switching them out for triple AMS

#87 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:49 PM

No. If you cant handle the rain, get out of it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users