61 replies to this topic

#1 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:05 PM

The clan AC's would be 10x better and feel that much better to use if we could just tighten the spread just a tiny bit more. Maybe even just let us spec into it as a quirk?

or just hate on the stupid clanner, your choice

#2 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

I mostly play my clan mechs, though I do enjoy variety and will at times play my IS ones too. I will say this...

Clans. As a whole. Do not need a buff. SPECIFIC clan mechs may need a buff here or there, but not them as a whole. Now, if you're talking only the plain AC's getting a buff to have them compete with UAC's, sure. That's fine. But definitely not on ANYTHING but them.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:31 PM

The duration of CACs are very short. If we need to buff them we should buff other areas of them.

#4 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:37 AM

Maybe try _not_ waving your aim point around like you're conducting the orchestra?

#5 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

Spread?
I'm pretty sure the only Autocannons that have actual spread are RACs (which is another reason why they're garbage, but still kinda fun)

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 25 March 2018 - 12:39 AM.

#6 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:49 AM

Considering how CW goes, clans clearly need a buff. Considering what relevant players of the community say, the absolutely need a buff.

Considering what the crybabies in the forums say, they need to be deleted from the game.

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:57 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 25 March 2018 - 03:49 AM, said:

Considering how CW goes, clans clearly need a buff. Considering what relevant players of the community say, the absolutely need a buff.

CACs could use something, but Clans do not need buffs.

#8 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:34 AM

You are on my ignore list for the very reason that I always know what you say. I dont even need to look it up.

"Clans too strong." "Nerf clans". "Clan nerfs are always justified". And here we are.

Posted Image

"But all the good players joined IS". Yes and now we see what was balanced for in the past - pug skill not tech.

Wait for him to show up and tell me that last round was a tie - he doesnt consider timezhones, noone was ******* playing.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 25 March 2018 - 06:17 AM.

#9 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:50 AM

Considering what the crybabies in the forums say, they need to be deleted from the game.

Boo hoo hoo.

Posted Image

Anyone who thinks clan tech is now balanced with IS tech needs their biases cutting out with a spoon.

#10 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:02 AM

View PostDogstar, on 25 March 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

Anyone who thinks clan tech is now balanced with IS tech needs their biases cutting out with a spoon.

I see, you share my opinion. 59%.

https://youtu.be/vh3tuL_DVsE?t=10

#11 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:12 AM

View PostDogstar, on 25 March 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

Clan tech is stronger than IS tech when looking at base stats, but IS mechs are generally on par with Clan mechs, and overall it's relatively balanced at the top. At least when you only look at the best mechs on both sides. IS mechs tend to have better durations, HP, and sustained DPS. Clan mechs tend to have better alphas and burst DPS, while being more fragile. Those are just general trends though and there are both IS and Clan mechs that buck that trend (like the Piranha which has a high sustained DPS, low burst DPS, but still has extreme fragility).

You can argue small intricacies but frankly, like with all the recent FP events, the results are more indicative of which players are playing on either side rather than what the actual balance between Clan and IS mechs are. Also about specific trends that feel unbeatable by random solo players like Annihilator HP walls or Battlemaster ERLL.

But in general, people arguing about Clan vs. IS balance are arguing about trends moreso than any inherent imbalance. That said, it's easier to make a garbage build with IS mechs, but also easier to underperform with bad aim in a Clan mech.

And I flip between Clan and IS mechs constantly and don't care whatsoever about "being" a Clan or IS player. I tend to prefer IS Lights too.

Edited by Krivvan, 25 March 2018 - 11:21 AM.

#12 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:38 AM

Instead of buffing clan tech, a simple reduction of IS dropdeck tonnage would suffice. 240T vs 240T would be a "mission accomplished" for the balancing crew at PGI. What we see at the moment in FW - IS atill at the tonnage they received in December 2016, before the balancing started, back then the difference in player's tier levels was presented as reason* - is an insult to all players, for the simple reason that in almost every issue of patch notes we read something like:

"The balance dynamic between the Inner Sphere and Clan Factions is something under heavy evaluation [..]" **

" [..] many more things are being looked into behind the scenes as the design team continues to prioritize balance as a whole" ***

"As a part of our comprehensive review of baseline balance between Inner Sphere and Clan systems [..]" ****

...and if you are fine with that and don't feel insulted being lied to for more than a year... go and buy a mech-pack.

* https://mwomercs.com...change-12152016
** https://mwomercs.com...-2017/#gameplay
*** https://mwomercs.com...-2017/#gameplay
**** https://mwomercs.com...-2017/#gameplay

Edited by Rick T Dangerous, 25 March 2018 - 11:41 AM.

#13 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:29 PM

View PostRick T Dangerous, on 25 March 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

Instead of buffing clan tech, a simple reduction of IS dropdeck tonnage would suffice. 240T vs 240T would be a "mission accomplished" for the balancing crew at PGI.

CoolStoryBob. 2ANH, 2 Locusts and there we go. Still the same situation nothing was fixed.

There are so many problems around I don't even know where to start.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 25 March 2018 - 12:32 PM.

#14 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:02 PM

Maybe the clans need even lighter more compact components?

Like 10 ton 5 crit gauss rifles?

Or UAC10s with 3 crits and 9 tons?

LRM20s at 4 tons and 2 crits?

how about free MGs on all mechs ? or to keep it themeaticly clannish 8-12 free MGs on every mech.

How about free "super CASE" on all clan mechs ...if an ammo explosion happens the nearest enemy Inner Sphere mech explodes instead of you?

Oh I know 4 crit endo steel and 4 crit ferro fibrious! maybe clan ferro needs an even higher percentage of armor points per ton than it has now I think you only get around 3.2 "free" armor per ton VS inner Sphere ferro. Should probably double it!

1 crit DHS it's such a drag trying to fit all those DHS I get from having those pesky light guns and compact components.

XL engines that only use one slot in each side torso with no penalties if the torso gets wrecked!

Clan Superheavy MEGA-GIGA lasers...I'm sick of only getting 78 damage alpha strikes out of my ECM equiped 65 ton clan mechs I need more alpha! How is a clanner to compete with those Battlemasters with only a 78 point ECM cloaked alpha!

Maybe the clans need more mechs with super high weapon mounts? like maybe put them on the third person camera drone?

Any more "good" ideas?

#15 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:28 AM

Yep, looking you up. Ignoring your "opinion".

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 26 March 2018 - 03:29 AM.

#16 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:28 AM

Clan tech murders IS tech in every way but heat and rof.. both of which are easily mitigated by the player and the fact clan gets cheaper easier heatsink boating.

Edited by Samial, 26 March 2018 - 05:29 AM.

#17 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,906 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:49 AM

In the spirit of the thread title (or at least how I am interpreting that “spirit”), I agree that some clan mechs could use some buffs.
No really. Its true.

I would argue that if the base line of clan assault performance is the MK-II, then sure I want my Kodiaks to have their agility buffed so they are somewhere near that level of performance. I think a few of the Gargoyle variants could tolerate some buffs too without being made OP. Would anyone really object to a bit of an agility buff to the Night Gyr in this post Gauss/PPC GH world? I mean the things are more akin to large fence posts than to a mobile weapons platform; they could use a bit of an agility buff I think. I think too that the Viper is an under performer at 40 tons relative to at least the Assassin and could therefore maybe use some love. And finally, and imho the most agregious one: despite PGIs apparent belief that the Timber is some sort of dominant heavy, I think it ought to have its negative quirks removed.

So yeah, a select few clan mechs could use some very select and focused buffs; but that is about it (as to the AC issue in the OP...beats me, I never run the damn things).

#18 Formosa The God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:04 AM

Jumped over to IS faction action last night after a gap of a year or two playing just clans, jesus it was laughably easy to win, I honestly just think the IS PUGS are better than the Clan ones.

#19 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:28 AM

well the C-AC need -something-, at the moment they are just boring.

the U-ACs are in dire need for some buffs. been nerfed into the ground, outside of boating, I see no reason to run them on clanmachines (and I would really like to, like I used to).
we all complain about clan-laservomit, but with uacs constantly jamming, srms spreading almost to the next screen and so on...

I'm not saying "buff clans", cause that's bonkers. but pls bring back clan-brawling, cause playing on clanside is kinda boring atm (to me at least, proper pushes with a 12man not included ofc ;)). can only do so much boring laservom/trading before I fall asleep.

#20 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:39 AM

View PostFormosa The God, on 26 March 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

Jumped over to IS faction action last night after a gap of a year or two playing just clans, jesus it was laughably easy to win, I honestly just think the IS PUGS are better than the Clan ones.

With current tonnage differences, IS variability with said tonnage, tech available etc. IS is very much on par, if not better than, clan. Clan has the midrage game with speed (very important for certain maps) ERM/HLL but if you can't pin down components with burn then that doesn't matter.
Some will moan about clans having better ERLs, tell that to my BLR. Yes an unskilled ERLL IS mech may have a harder time vs a "similar" clan build but it's FP.. You shouldn't be using new to you, unskilled, mechs outside of an 8 man anyways.
The only thing that recently hurt clans was the heat node nerfs, and specifically to U/ACs, but that's taken care of by the user.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users