Faction Play Event Issues Work Around

148 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
Our Current '3 Flavors of Faction Play' Event has entered its second phase where players should be able to play as:
  1. Freelancer (through the call to Arms UI)
  2. Mercenary (with a House Davion or House Steiner Contract)
  3. House Davion or House Steiner Loyalist
The March 20th Patch removed penalties associated with breaking contracts/switching factions in an attempt to allow more flexibility with the type of events we were running.  With this specific event, our intention was for players to switch to one of the above 3 criteria, putting aside loyalty in order to experience 2 days of IS vs IS and Clan VS Clan combat. 
Unfortunately, an issue has popped up that's hindering players from participating in this IS vs IS section of the event as intended. 
While this issue is currently under investigation, the following workarounds are recommended to all who wish to participate.
Workarounds
Freelancer:
This is currently working as intended for all Freelancers, so feel free to participate in this Event by responding to the 'Call To Arms' notifications as intended.
Mercenary:
Make sure you've selected either a 'House Davion' or 'House Steiner' Contract
Now from the 'Inner Sphere Map,' please select the 'Event Details' tab from the 'Conflicts Panel' (as shown in the screenshots below)
In the 'Event Details' window, please select the 'Go Now' option (as shown in the screenshots below)
From here you'll be able to select 'Fight Now' for Invasion or 'Scout Now' for Scouting as intended
Loyalist:
Make sure you've pledged allegiance to either 'House Davion' or 'House Steiner'
Now from the 'Inner Sphere Map,' please select the 'Event Details' tab from the 'Conflicts Panel' (as shown in the screenshots below) 
In the 'Event Details' window, please select the 'Go Now' option (as shown in the screenshots below)
From here you'll be able to select 'Fight Now' for Invasion or 'Scout Now' for Scouting as intended
Here are some screenshots to help identify where the 'Event Details' and 'Go Now' buttons are located:
Event Details
Go Now
Apologies about the extra steps here as we're looking into getting a fix up for this as soon as we can. As soon as we have more information about a possible fix, we'll make sure to update this page accordingly. 
Thanks for understanding. 

#2 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

You might want to check the FP lootbag event since people who don't want to take Steiner or Davion can't now complete the event in normal IS vs Clan fights.

#3 Cryzak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 132 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:05 PM

That post didnt fix problems of players who doesnt want to join IS or break contracts. Why we cant do matches like before and those who want to do Steiner-Davion get their mugs and horns?

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

I hope you guys soon figure out a much better way of doing this...

#5 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

I was 472 loyalty points away from my next rank as this event went active.

#6 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:31 PM

I'm not sure that Kills and KMDDs are both being counted accurately.

#7 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 105 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:43 PM

As a clan loyalist, the FP mode is death till this "special" event ends.
1D 20hrs remaining.

#8 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:44 PM

What happened to the percentage bonuses for low population factions for mercs ? I just cancelled a marik +30% to take a davion or steiner contract and its showing no percentage bonuses or penalties now for any faction.

#9 Spunkmaster

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:44 PM

I'm in a unit. As I am unable to change contracts, I can't play the event unless I leave said unit. So I lose two days in the Lucky Charm event? Did anyone think this event through?

Thanks!

#10 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 26 March 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

I'm not sure that Kills and KMDDs are both being counted accurately.

Counted for me in my first scouting match, 1 kmdd and 2 killing blows... 3 of 20 on the progress bar afterwards.

#11 ShadowKing

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

I think the bigger issue of expecting a casual player to be able to get 20 Kills/KMDDs in FACTION PLAY within a time span of 2 DAYS played during a WEEKDAY as opposed to a weekend is just ridiculous. Even more so when it is taken advantage of by organized units/groups.

#12 Ghostbear35

• Pip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:57 PM

Was this event intended to make people break their loyalty, leave their units, and then rejoin units afterward (paying with coffer C-bills to do it) Or are we just out 2 days on FW so that 4 Houses, the mercs and freelancers can have at it by themselves? Seems pretty poorly thought through

#13 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

Thank you for the post explaining for the folks who hadn't figured out what to do to get into FP matches, or who may have not realized the patch eliminated penalties for changing contracts on the fly.

View PostShadowKing, on 26 March 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

I think the bigger issue of expecting a casual player to be able to get 20 Kills/KMDDs in FACTION PLAY within a time span of 2 DAYS played during a WEEKDAY as opposed to a weekend is just ridiculous. Even more so when it is taken advantage of by organized units/groups.

?

I've already gotten 4 in 2 scouting matches that took like 15 minutes total to complete from login?

Run a streak Griffin or Huntsman. If you can't get the 100 match score, even if you die and your team is stomped 4-0, then git gud cuz it isn't at all hard to do.

#14 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 March 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

I hope you guys soon figure out a much better way of doing this...

Given this is what, the 3rd or 4th FP event in a row now with major flaws...

Well...

#15 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

I have made at least 5 Kills or KMDDs and it still only shows 3.

Edit: I just got 1 kill/2KMDD last game, and now the tracker shows 7. There may be some update lag in the game.

Edited by Jonathan8883, 26 March 2018 - 06:20 PM.

#16 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

Also, FYI, you can access FP from the event tracker in game as well.

#17 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

WTF?
PGI,
I don't want to break loyalty
Why do Loyalists continually get the shaft?

#18 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:33 PM

When are the major issues with this recent patch going to be acknowledged/addresses?
  • No Mercenary Payout Bonus - all are now 0%, no mention of this is Patch Notes.
  • Switching from Loyalist to Mercenary iri vice versa, totally erases in game leaderboard information.
  • Now Mercenaries can switch instantly you have teams deliberately switching to avoid other teams

There are also other issues, that have existed for 2 years. The big ones being...
  • Loyalist Tree (and Mercenary). Once you reach Rank 20(10) what then? Many people are loyalist and Merc for many reasons. Trees should reset or have some extra option to 'run through' again or similar.

Soooo many quick/basic wins to be had and constantly missing the core issues.

Happy to provide feedback/input on all things and the proper way to do things.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 26 March 2018 - 09:59 PM.

#19 ShadowKing

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 26 March 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

I've already gotten 4 in 2 scouting matches that took like 15 minutes total to complete from login?

Run a streak Griffin or Huntsman. If you can't get the 100 match score, even if you die and your team is stomped 4-0, then git gud cuz it isn't at all hard to do.

You clearly do not understand the concept of a casual player.
And with regulars with an attitude like that, there is no wonder of why new and casual players do not stick around.

#20 DaHuntress

Rookie

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:49 PM

what I am concerned about is the premium time that I have earned through the loot bags is going to fade away ad I can't even use it... I can't always buy it, I aint rich... I have also been hearing rumors that the time that we have banked to activate when we want it to be activated is going to be auto activated on us, against our wishes... who do we have to thank for that little fiasco?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users