#61 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:51 AM

View PostIdToaster, on 05 April 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

The omni Arctic Wolves are locked to 240 while the battlemechs can hit 365. Although if you want a purely battlemech example, the Cataphract 4X still has a 255 cap to the others' 340.

in the -4X's defense, it was an early experimental variant of the 'phract, if i remember right, never actually meant to see combat, unlike the -0XP.

#62 Marukage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 439 posts
  • LocationPlanet York / DD

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:13 PM

hi

why is there no special variant a la card?

With kind regards maru Posted Image Posted Image

#63 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:47 PM

First time i saw it I thought it was an IS mech . I prefer my clan mechs to look like Timberwolf .

#64 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:24 AM

Can someone confirm that the A B C are omnimechs?

I would like to buy a pack, but would like to know is this a hybrid standard and omni model

I may have missed it but didn’t see it written anywhere

And if I buy the standard pack, I only get one omni .....

#65 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:50 AM

View PostChuanhao, on 06 April 2018 - 05:24 AM, said:

I would like to buy a pack, but would like to know is this a hybrid standard and omni model

I may have missed it but didn’t see it written anywhere

And if I buy the standard pack, I only get one omni .....

Hellfires are BATTLEmechs... not OMNImechs. Same as Kodiaks, Supernovas, the IICs, piranha, the arctic wolf 1/2/hero,

Again...i ask... are you new here ? The formula for omni mechs has been constant since they were introduced what is it now... four years ago ? They don't have a listed max engine rating, they have prime as one of the variant names, and for that matter... you could read the sarna entry on the hellfire... put 'sarna' and 'the mech name' in google and the top result is that mech's sarna website entry.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hellfire

Why new production of the reworked and re-christened Hellfire gave up the Omni-technology of the parent is unclear - perhaps for expediency or cost-reduction, or to better showcase the heavy lasers. Whatever the reason, production at Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-T4 began in 3058, with over 100 walking off the lines in the first year.

#66 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:39 PM

The Arctic was a hybrid with variants with numbers and alphabets.

Should I automatically assume that the hellfire is not a hybrid? Since A B C designations are usually for Omnis? Sure there is no Prime, so its not clear cut, but any harm in clarifying? Other battlemechs usually go 1-2-3-4-5.

Sarna is silent on PGI invented variants of A B C. What should I assume then? Is there a Shadow Cat P in Sarna? but there's one in PGI. Sarna is not the authority on everything.

To the question. "Are you new here?" Have been here since 2012. so No, not new. I have 155 mechs. and have been at this since 1992 with MW2.

But thanks for answering.

#67 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:04 AM

View PostChuanhao, on 06 April 2018 - 05:24 AM, said:

I'll use the Blood Asp & Hellfire as our examples.

Under the OVERVIEW section, the Hellfire has the additional row "MAX ENGINE RATING" which indicates it is a BattleMech. If you check the Arctic Wolf page, the Prime, A & P variants have a hyphen in this row, as it does not apply to OmniMechs.

Under WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT the Blood Asp has components listed in grey instead of white, which indicates they are locked, meaning it is an OmniMech.

The Blood Asp lists OMNIPOD HARDPOINTS whereas the Hellfire simply lists HARDPOINTS. Pretty self explanatory.

AFAIK, any 'mech with a Prime variant is an OmniMech. Yes, the Arctic Wolf is an odd case, but you can see the differences in how they are presented in the store page, if you know what to look for.

#68 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:32 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 07 April 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

I'll use the Blood Asp & Hellfire as our examples.

Under the OVERVIEW section, the Hellfire has the additional row "MAX ENGINE RATING" which indicates it is a BattleMech. If you check the Arctic Wolf page, the Prime, A & P variants have a hyphen in this row, as it does not apply to OmniMechs.

Under WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT the Blood Asp has components listed in grey instead of white, which indicates they are locked, meaning it is an OmniMech.

The Blood Asp lists OMNIPOD HARDPOINTS whereas the Hellfire simply lists HARDPOINTS. Pretty self explanatory.

AFAIK, any 'mech with a Prime variant is an OmniMech. Yes, the Arctic Wolf is an odd case, but you can see the differences in how they are presented in the store page, if you know what to look for.

All of the Arctic Wolves in MWO are OmniMechs and the "-P" means that it is a variant that was made up by PGI for MWO and did not previously exist in lore. If you are unsure of whether a Clan Mech is an OmniMech or a BattleMech, then you can look it up at: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

Edit: apparently PGI does have the BattleMech variants of the Arctic Wolf in the game, but only as the add-on and Hero Mechs (I never noticed, because I only bought the standard pack), so yes, I agree that this could confuse a new player who does not know much about BATTLETECH lore.

Edited by Conner Ward, 07 April 2018 - 12:38 AM.

#69 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:40 AM

That a Battlemech or Omni? "because max engine rating"
Like the design

Edit: ah okay have my answer,thx Dee Eight

Edited by Mighty Spike, 07 April 2018 - 02:42 AM.

#70 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:00 AM

Ah yes, the max engine rating should have been a dead giveaway since omnis have fixed engines. totally overlooked that.

Thanks Jay, Spike and Conner for pointing that out.

Edited by Chuanhao, 07 April 2018 - 07:02 AM.

#71 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:16 PM

I'm thinking the Void hero is the only one that will have a respectable hill-peeking loadout and profile, if you are looking for energy/ballistic rather than missiles, assuming all torso hardpoints will remain as high as the artwork shows.

Edited by Bonfor, 07 April 2018 - 09:11 PM.

#72 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

View PostCyrilis, on 04 April 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

you spelled UrbanMech IIC wrong...

Posted Image

#73 Raven40

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:03 PM

This looks awful. The one displayed on sarna is different on a night and day level, I feel this one, one of my favorite battlemechs got botched just like my all time favorite, the Orion, and both really deserve remodeling. Just my .02... thank you.

P.S. no complaints on anything regarding functionality, just the aesthetics.

Edited by Raven40, 15 April 2018 - 06:07 PM.

#74 Raven40

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

View PostSpessMarine, on 04 April 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

These days one must wait and see if the in-game model isn't a mess, but I do love mechs with big *** shoulder cannons.

But.... pgi took away from it with this model.

#75 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:22 PM

View PostChuanhao, on 06 April 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

The Arctic was a hybrid with variants with numbers and alphabets.

Should I automatically assume that the hellfire is not a hybrid? Since A B C designations are usually for Omnis? Sure there is no Prime, so its not clear cut, but any harm in clarifying? Other battlemechs usually go 1-2-3-4-5.

Sarna is silent on PGI invented variants of A B C. What should I assume then? Is there a Shadow Cat P in Sarna? but there's one in PGI. Sarna is not the authority on everything.

To the question. "Are you new here?" Have been here since 2012. so No, not new. I have 155 mechs. and have been at this since 1992 with MW2.

But thanks for answering.

The Arctic Wolf is the only Mech in the game that has both BattleMech and OmniMech variants. In the lore it was developed by Clan Wolf In-Exile in the Inner Sphere.

#76 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:22 PM

I still can't wait to open up this mech and vigorously play around with her insides, just make it have a punch almost as good as my Direwolf so i can furiously blow my hot clan laser load all over the enemy...

Now, due to the current clan laservomit changes PGI is wanting to put in place, I doubt people are looking to buy this with excitement... I hope the quirks (If any because PGI refuses to give quirks worth a damn on clan mechs) will help out Some what.

Edited by Grus, 11 July 2018 - 03:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users