7 replies to this topic

#1 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:43 AM

I posted this a while ago and was lost in the anals of this fourm.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

First of all, this is a rough draft, a complex idea, and a long read.

CW is lacking a reason to fight for planets here is my idea.

I do realize that many will not like the fact of a repair and rearm or economy deal, but something is needed in CW to make it worth playing. We need some rewards and penalties.

Basics:

Each house/clan faction is set to 100% in its effectiveness to running a campaign vs others. (Clans may be lower than 100% due to their supply lines running back to the clan home worlds thinking they start off at 70%)
This is broken down to weapon types, armor, structure, equipment.
So basically this outlines the cost of repairing and rearming your drop deck. Each faction can have a boost to different areas. For example, Davion has a ballistics boost of say 20%; already a given that they are heavy on Ballistics use in Lore. In other areas, where a faction is lacking, we could attach a -% to an areas such as missile weapons. They get a -25% lacking Missile type weapons.
So for each faction example:
Davion:
Ballistics and Ammo: 100% +20% =120%
Missiles and Ammo: 100%- 25%= 75%
Energy: 100%
Standard Armor: 100%
FF Armor: 100%
Standard Structure: 100%
Endo Structure: 100%
Heat Sinks: 100%
Double Heat Sinks: 100%
Other Equipment (i.e. ECM, AMS, TAG, Command Console Targeting Comps): 100%
Economy: Percentage # is the overall status of your house or clan.

So given that Davion is 20% over 100% they would get a 20% discount on all Ballistic weapons and Ammo for repair and rearm, but they would have a 25% mark up on Missile weapons and ammo.
Now the overall Economy would be a pay out to every player based on percentage and the # of drops to a set value TBD.
In my example as it stands now the Economy percentage would be 99.5%; so as it stands it does not equate too much of an impact.
So each MechWarrior fighting for Davion would, at the end of the week or another given time frame, be paid out 99% of their pay to be added to the CW wallets. Pay could be in the form of Rank and # of CW games played.

Each Planet has a set value for it to effect the over supply lines of the war effort.
HOUSE KURITA Loyalist have decided to attack Davion space in their poll. (Damn snakes).
Next: Target comes up as Small World
Small World is a mining planet so Impact to war effort:
Ballistics and Ammo: 3%
Missiles and Ammo: 3%
Energy: 4%
Standard Armor: 10%
FF Armor: 15%
Stand Structure: 12%
Endo Structure: 15%
Heat Sinks: 2%
Double HS: 4%
Other Equip: 5%

Damn Snakes beat us and take Small world; our percentage now drops.
Davion overall percentage drops
Ballistic and Ammo: 120% - 3% =117%
Missiles and Ammo: 75% - 3% = 72%
Energy: 100% -4%= 96%
Standard Armor: 100% -10% = 90%
FF Armor: 100% -15% = 85%
Standard Structure: 100% - 12%= 88%
Endo Structure: 100% - 15% = 85%
Heat Sink: 100% -2% =98%
Double Heat Sink: 100% - 4% =96%
Other Equip: 100% -5%= 95

Economy: 92% so the payout is a lot lower now. We lost a planet plus it’s going to cost us more now to fix mechs because we have a supply problem losing resources. On the flip side, House Kurita is getting lower prices and a little bonus money to play with.

Public Match / CW Match Separation:
Now to solve the problem public matches C-bills and equipment will counteract this.
The mechs you drop in CW can be flagged to be repaired and re-armed using the values from the fighting.
Yes, this will require a separate CW C-Bill fund and Public C-Bill fund, and no warehouse to keep extra parts.
Now these mechs can be used in Public matches fully repaired and rearmed, but any drop in CW they need to be R&R according to set values of the house. You can do a partial repair and partial re-arming. So basically the system will keep track of each mech and their status for CW. This will keep outside funds and equipment from being used to get past the system, and keep the integrity of CW economy.

Mercenaries & Lone wolves:
If you are fighting for a given faction, you will receive the same rewards or penalties that faction has plus maybe some other little perk for working with that faction IE more C-bills Lower cost. Lone wolves same deal but it’s based on last drop in CW.

Unit Tags:
Your unit tag on a planet. Does that mean something? Yes it does. Not only do you get to upgrade defenses as hinted to, now you will receive a double on the percentage to repair and rearm.
For example, if it has a 3% on Ballistics, you retain the planet; you would now receive a 6% discount instead of the previous 3% discount the rest of the faction would normally receive. Hell, you’re on the planet so shipping and handling cost is nothing.

#2 Vagosei

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:09 AM

Ummmmmm. No. Just log in group up and kill mechs. Have some laughs.

#3 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:30 AM

I'm going to be honest here and as much as i like that you still have the energy and positvity to keep putting up ideas, I just have to say I now agree with those that have been telling me to let it go..... for years. The game mode is as it is and will stay that way until PGI either decides to do something about it or pulls the plug: it is just QP Group Queue with no skill or tonnage based match maker, with respawns and optional objectives.

There is no real meaning to being part of a Faction beyond it being necessary to get a game (slightly easier than being a Free Lancer), there is no "Space Politiks", Inter-Unit rivalries or month long battles for a single planet (because now we can't choose to fight on a specific planet, so the generic "biomes" are attached to generic planets that our forces are generically assigned to....

Ph.2 had issues but I do miss the nerdy forum wars and ribbing, while making an effort on a chosen targrt planet for my Unit or House.

I'll just leave this here and wait fo see what happens after Solaris.

C'est la vie

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 06 April 2018 - 03:10 PM.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

Yep not going to happen sadly.

And who would want to be buffed or penalised for certain things... That's just never going to work.

#5 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:12 PM

They cannot copy and paste the planet description. Not in 5 or 6 years they cannot do this. The timer for FP cannot countdown properly it still skips numbers. It still says that the enemy have arty. This game is being developed by lazy greedy people. But more lazy than anything. Maybe too many low IQ's as well.

#6 Rhinoc

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:43 PM

I'm a role player and campaigner from way back. I'm into stories, I'm into imersion. I actually like the idea. I mean hell they guys are making enough money off of us. Surely they could implement some story driven aspects like this. More than simple clan vs inner sphere lip service...

#7 Raffalo

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

I like it. It would really add to the dynamic of the game.
If folks want to play a plain Jane, regular old first person shooter game, then they can go play Call of Duty.
I wish PGI would consider something like this.

#8 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:06 AM

View PostTsula, on 06 April 2018 - 05:43 AM, said:

I posted this a while ago and was lost in the anals of this fourm.

The question burning in my mind is where do i find the anals of the forums ? Might be more fun than Faction Play in its current state.

Edited by Racerxintegra2k, 09 April 2018 - 07:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users