431 replies to this topic

#381 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 13 April 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

I still wanna know who these people are... I haven't been able to get anyone to admit who it was(is) despite me asking a great number of people.

PGI's nerf advisory team is the Monkey exhibit at the Vancouver Zoo. They give them a dozen yard darts and have them throw them at a giant checker board picnic ground cloth labeled with 100 different possible nerfs. Where they land is what we get!

From the huge inundation of random, no-basis, nonsensical nerfs that we have received over the last 12 months, this sounds like a plausible source.

With PGI, the term "balance" has been severely maligned and abused. What they have been doing to the game is much more akin to "NORMALIZATION".

#382 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:57 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 13 April 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

The solaris city map for quick play has been stated multiple times as delayed by 1 month (coming out next month)

Well, I was looking forward to this new "big city" map when they first announced that they were going to build it. However, after I saw what they were actually building, I don't really care if it comes out or not.

The player base was asking for a "big city" map where we had very tall buildings, skyscrapers and huge parking garages and subways and such, that was partially war torn and damaged. And that we could climb our 'Mechs up into some of those parking garages and some of the damaged buildings and spot/shoot from and do damage to if we shot them, like blowing holes in the sides to shoot through.

What they somehow decided to build was some Las Vegas Tron game map. While I think their graphics artistry skill in building this map is really good, they severely missed the mark on what the player base was really asking for for a new "big city" war torn map to play on. Sorry, but the Tron city map was NOT what I was thinking of when I said I wanted a new "big city" map to play on. Maybe the outskirts of the city will be like the "big city in ruins".

#383 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:04 PM

I'm liking this patch so far. But the loading times are ridiculous! I know they said they would increase a bit, but for me that has always been the worst part of the game. Waiting for the select a mech screen to load after a match is driving me nuts. Grant it I have a ton of mechs and it is probably not that long, 15-20 seconds, but it feels like an eternity!

I hope they can find a way to fix that. I will say I have a couple alt accounts with significantly less mechs and it is no where near as bad on those accounts. But the account I paid real money for its horrible!

#384 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:17 AM

How much Premium Time and how many Supply Caches do we get?
For enduring those ridiculous long waiting times/loading times.

#385 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:46 AM

Let figure this out:

About 1-2 minutes to find a match, 1-2 minutes to load the match, 1 minute alpha-strike-trading, 2-3 minutes (!) to reach the mechlab again.

That sum up the "fun": 4-7 minutes waiting time for 1 minute match. So waiting times are at least (!) more than 4 times more than playing time.

Its like to wait 2 hours to play 1 FP match.

Or to wait 20 minutes to do a QP.

Game mode is good, new stuff to build is fun. I dont care KD or WL but have my fun with my commandos in Solaris.

But definetly not with this waiting times.

PGI i know you like it to not hear to the community, but this time it would be good for YOU.

If you dont solve the loading times problem, this game mode will faster die than an Osiris facetanking an Anni.

#386 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:09 AM

Can we get a temperature confirmation on Boreal Reach? It seems like it's, if anything, hotter than other maps.

#387 Zarrahtass

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

@Bishop Six: Yes, the waiting..
I mean, balancing is a wide topic, for example, many opinions...

But the loading times will really get some ppl to stop playing.
Its really bad. I think this should be adressed with max. prio right now. I mean the time it takes to get to the hangar again, after leaving the match or the match finished. its way to close to the actual waiting time.. spending my time looking at a loading screen?
C64 back in town?

#388 AttendingMonk1

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA, Planet Earth

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

So did Class 1 and 2 (or I and II for those who don't like other forms of numbers) NOT get a thrust buff and instead only get a duration nerf? My Highlander IIC-C has the following jump jet stats:
  • Duration: 3.75
  • Initial thrust: 220
  • Forward thrust: 4.1
  • Cooldown: 0.531
  • Heat: 3
  • Health: 7.5
It now jumps 17.5 meters as opposed to 19 meters previously, which is about 8% less height. I did not record pre "buff" thrust values, but if the following quote is to be trusted, the thrust has not been buffed at all.

View PostAdrenaHawk, on 02 March 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

They are, in fact, percent based, requiring you to spend 15 skill nodes to get +15% thrust (along with 125% forward thrust). I don't have the DWF-S, but it can only mount 3 JJs like the Highlander, which grant 220 thrust each. When skilled into, class 1 JJs give 253 each. With 3 fully skill noded JJs, mechlab says it gets 19 meters of height which in my little testing gets its feet on par with an Anni's head. Considering a Highlander is 10 tons lighter than the DWF, I think the Whale can barely get over a rock.

I put skills into the jump jet tree and it did not affect the displayed jump distance (height) value shown in mech stats, so this quote reaffirms the jump height nerf as well. I'd like to know what's going on with jump jets now and see if someone forgot to change a value. Thanks for your time.

Peace and Blessings,
Monk

#389 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:02 PM

View PostAttendingMonk1, on 21 April 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

So did Class 1 and 2 (or I and II for those who don't like other forms of numbers) NOT get a thrust buff and instead only get a duration nerf? My Highlander IIC-C has the following jump jet stats:
  • Duration: 3.75
  • Initial thrust: 220
  • Forward thrust: 4.1
  • Cooldown: 0.531
  • Heat: 3
  • Health: 7.5
It now jumps 17.5 meters as opposed to 19 meters previously, which is about 8% less height. I did not record pre "buff" thrust values, but if the following quote is to be trusted, the thrust has not been buffed at all.

I put skills into the jump jet tree and it did not affect the displayed jump distance (height) value shown in mech stats, so this quote reaffirms the jump height nerf as well. I'd like to know what's going on with jump jets now and see if someone forgot to change a value. Thanks for your time.

Peace and Blessings,
Monk

It is the THRUST that is important and it is noticeable, in that one is not "HANGING" in hoover mode. The Thrust and duration adjustment is meant to balance out each other, but what was 19m height is now 17.5m max height,, per skill, but the change is still noticeable enough to make a difference.

But they could have reduced the duration by a lesser amount, 5% instead of 8% but you know how those, looks right on paper/excel sheet guys are...

The THRUST I believe is the the Z-Boost. 10% would change the 68 to 74.8 (not sure if the numbers listed below had been rounded up/down)

Jump Jets - April 2018 patch notes.

Class I Jump Jets:
Jump Jet Thrust increased by 10%
Jump Jet Duration reduced by 8%

Class II Jump Jets:
Jump Jet Thrust increased by 10%
Jump Jet Duration reduced by 8%

Design Notes: With the above changes, Class I and Class II jump jets have been brought into line with the rest of the Jump Jet line for other 'Mechs. All jump jets will now behave consistently across all weight classes.

From March 2016 post..

View PostMcgral18, on 24 March 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

Here's what we currently have to work with:
Posted Image

HoverJets™ are quite sad, aside from Class IV...those are adequate.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 April 2018 - 05:06 PM.

#390 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:24 PM

So I actually decided to time how long it took to load to the hanger after a match. It is consistently between 55-60 seconds.

#391 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:19 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 21 April 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

It is the THRUST that is important and it is noticeable, in that one is not "HANGING" in hoover mode. The Thrust and duration adjustment is meant to balance out each other, but what was 19m height is now 17.5m max height,, per skill, but the change is still noticeable enough to make a difference.

But they could have reduced the duration by a lesser amount, 5% instead of 8% but you know how those, looks right on paper/excel sheet guys are...

The THRUST I believe is the the Z-Boost. 10% would change the 68 to 74.8 (not sure if the numbers listed below had been rounded up/down)

From March 2016 post..

In my opinion, since I have played so long without vectoring, I think that vectoring is a detriment. The only things worth spec'ing into are heat shielding and vent calibration.

#392 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:54 AM

Sinds the patch most of the time i'm looking at loading screen than playing the game! Because of the extreme loading time, and if you DC it takes very long time to restrat the game and get back to the match, and at the end of the match you'll be punished because you were longer than 2 min. DC?!!!

Edited by Apollo777, 22 April 2018 - 02:51 AM.

#393 Storm of the Truth

• Pip
  • The Moon
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:44 AM

Hello, I got stuck on the map mech factory, but there is no subforum for certainly that map in the map feedback to place this post. I looked for it, where is it?
Where can I tell and move this post or link it there, so somebody sees it? So it belongs to patch feedback as the maps are introduced there.

Funny enough, I was hidden enough in a 1v1 match, so my opponent in a Mauler didn't find me in the 10 minutes. Only in minute 9 I turned on my machine to let him know where I am, cause I couldnt chat to him, so he could find me, but not defeat me in less than 1 minute, so I got the tie that is fair at least. Funny to watch others run, but not funny, if you cant tell them that something is wrong. Letting them run into desaster looking for me. Sounds greedy? That is not FAIR!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#394 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:18 AM

Good news / bad news?

Medal for discovering that map feedback is missing.

You shut down for several minutes to get tie? Big no-no. Really don't waste other players time like that for meaningless stat. And it really is reportable offense.
Chat is open during match. It is off during launch and end fanfares, rest of time all chat is open. Did you had chat off or oppo?

#395 Storm of the Truth

• Pip
  • The Moon
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:59 AM

I get the feeling that I caused a crime, apologies, look for the guy, I give him 100.000$ Mr.Law.

No ma chat is N/a by default, I cannot use it in the 5 seconds to click ready in 1v1 and not in match, and neither in the post match briefing. I have never been There is a N/A in the chat window. (this applies to solaris mode only, not to quickmatch, I didnt test the others yet. And about what I can judge, its the same for everyone. Edit: Nobody ever used it, not even for a gg or hi, which should happen occassionally, and a wow if you like my mech (painting). Unless that is a bug, too.

So where can I read the rules to how behave in a match, if I have a bug? Shall I give him my house and my wife? Dont I have room to make a own decision, if something happens, that makes me unable to act at all? Now please mark the words red that you feel an offense to anybody, I have not a single sense on it. My deception does not work that far. And I have a good one.

Get a feel about WHO has a emergency situation in the game, and then call me the emergency button, I press F1 next time to read the behavior rules on a bug.

Enough? /irony off (no offense)

Edited by Storm of the Truth, 22 April 2018 - 06:04 AM.

#396 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:20 AM

I Am The Law. Sentence 5 years cleaning mech legs /Dredd off

Settings / Game / Game settings / Enable all chat?
As said, it wont work during early drop animations and end of match you need to click rectangle box, then type fast.

You don't make your decisions, your wife does. You only have feeling of free will.

#397 Storm of the Truth

• Pip
  • The Moon
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:43 AM

A game that does not allow chat in 1v1 matches, has done something wrong. will you travel all over the world, to get access to your pants pockets? There are limits to what a program is allowed to restrict to me. If the program is too silly to give me a CHAT, the police will rather die than think over usability of his gun, before he realizes, he is meant to save the law, that is falling off him, once he hears the people 'secure our lives'. Really, there is a level on programming, that a user doesnt have to follow.

And he will NEVER EVER as long as the program keeps silly. Not all people are free. nor their minds. But mine.

#398 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:12 AM

View PostApollo777, on 22 April 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

Sinds the patch most of the time i'm looking at loading screen than playing the game! Because of the extreme loading time, and if you DC it takes very long time to restrat the game and get back to the match, and at the end of the match you'll be punished because you were longer than 2 min. DC?!!!

Welcome to my daily insanity...lately i got 5 minutes penalty because of several DCs within a few matches.

Best thing: I'm into premades, get a DC, loose my space in the group and get penalty and no earnings from last match.

Most best thing: Loading times take so long that you cant remember why you are angry because of Alzheimer disease.
GG PGI

#399 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:29 AM

View PostStorm of the Truth, on 22 April 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

A game that does not allow chat in 1v1 matches, has done something wrong. will you travel all over the world, to get access to your pants pockets? There are limits to what a program is allowed to restrict to me. If the program is too silly to give me a CHAT, the police will rather die than think over usability of his gun, before he realizes, he is meant to save the law, that is falling off him, once he hears the people 'secure our lives'. Really, there is a level on programming, that a user doesnt have to follow.
Allchat is working fine in Solaris. You just forgot to enable it - which you literally do ONCE, EVER - in the game settings. That part, is on you.

#400 Storm of the Truth

• Pip
  • The Moon
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:40 AM

get PGI repair the chat. I dont go below that.
(I dont want to hear that. I am a user. I want a chat. I am not interested in broken states.)
So dont accept them. Let the developers care for their workarounds. Everybody knows it is actually broken. by a definition as a user. developers serve the users, not users the capabilities of a developer. So as long as it is not good, we players keep asking for it. Now you know what I define a broken state. As for you you can live with it. I will not. what a mistone that I have to loose words about that.Posted Image

Edit2: I add another example, because I have lot of fun to explain it:
If you buy a car with only 3 wheels, and the seller sais, that the 4. wheel comes as the spare wheel in the car trunk, and you have to mount it before use, and 'we' do that now with all cars, then the car is sold in a broken state, that the people (are given the mechanic tools) to repair it.
Since WHEN does a user NOT want a all chat? It makes absolutely NO sense to disable what is mandatory!
Not even to make even a difference between team chat and all chat, you have 2 buttons to seperate that, and multiple possibilities to change the channel even mouse control ingame, when mechwarrior does not use mouse control as a mechwarrior.
99% of all users will trouble about it, until they get advised.
Why should EVER a user disable this option? not in a comparison to easify team chat on new players, not even the silliest user accepts a disabled all chat. You can do that in turnaments. We the users wish it for years, they dont mind, but everybody is annoyed by it. So I thought this is an opportunity to say NO to it.
This is the requirement to make developers follow a good direction. You teach them. If you accept incomplete states, and be it a tiny thing(!) they will go below this manner the next time, because you are okay with it.
Now raise the ladder, and dont accept every trash somebody throws at you.

Mechwarrior is to good to ignore, and the chat is too bad to accept. Senselessness has no point. Other people also collect colateral damages as we see above, which are just a million undone things, that dont belong into a program.
All way good with PGI, and do your homework, or we give the mechwarrior title to a better developer, the power of the people will force it. You will loose the power of the lonly. They have enough money, and the people ask for a clean mechwarrior. We want motivate them to do the least things right, not with time pressure, not with waiting forever, but with proper commanding in a authority, that has earned that place, responsible for the experience from millions of people! Yount the 1000 things, and do your life task right.
*Waited *nough* If the circumstances dont make proper games possible, also elsewhere, the people will change the circumstances which cause the trouble. Whereever be the root. If forums have ANY sense, then to call for activities like this to improve a game with our free will, that my wife is got slipped through.

Edited by Storm of the Truth, 22 April 2018 - 08:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users