Patch Notes - 1.4.159.0 - 17-Apr-2018

431 replies to this topic

#401 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:19 AM

It's not broken at all, it is simply the default setting to not have All Chat enabled. It was an intentional choice on PGI's part so that new players don't mistakenly give away intel to the other team before they figure out how chat works (because the natural assumption is that T is for Team), and so that new players don't have to listen to the other team until their skins acquire a bit of Ferro-fibrous coating (because T is for Trolling).

If you want the perfectly working All Chat to be enabled, you just have to click a check box in the settings to enable it. One time. Ever.

#402 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:38 AM

I give up. Just shoot my mech. Goodbye all...

#403 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:30 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostStorm of the Truth, on 22 April 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

get PGI repair the chat. I dont go below that. (I dont want to hear that. I am a user. I want a chat. I am not interested in broken states.) So dont accept them. Let the developers care for their workarounds. Everybody knows it is actually broken.

Nothing is broken. You're complaining that you're too lazy to enable it.

Edit2: I add another example, because I have lot of fun to explain it: If you buy a car with only 3 wheels, and the seller sais, that the 4. wheel comes as the spare wheel in the car trunk, and you have to mount it before use, and 'we' do that now with all cars, then the car is sold in a broken state, that the people (are given the mechanic tools) to repair it.
Except you're not complaining about that.
You're complaining that you have to change gears in your car. Or perhaps that your gun has a safety catch and you had to switch it off to fire.

View PostStorm of the Truth, on 22 April 2018 - 05:59 AM, said:

I get the feeling that I caused a crime, apologies, look for the guy, I give him 100.000$ Mr.Law.
So where can I read the rules to how behave in a match, if I have a bug?

https://mwomercs.com/conduct

Shutting Down your ‘Mech or avoiding engagements with the enemy, and when doing so might be considered non-participation
(...)
There are situations that do not fall within the scope of what the shutdown mechanic or evasion tactics are intended for. The use of the shutdown mechanic or avoiding contact with the enemy under the following situations may be classed as an act of non-participation, subject to evaluation and moderation actions by Support services:
(...)
  • Running out the clock, or needlessly extending the duration of the match, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory.
(...)
Disliking a map or game mode or attempting to preserve a player statistic such as Kill/Death Ratio are not acceptable excuses for non-participation.

Edited by Horseman, 22 April 2018 - 10:38 AM.

#404 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

View PostStorm of the Truth, on 22 April 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

get PGI repair the chat. I dont go below that.
(I dont want to hear that. I am a user. I want a chat. I am not interested in broken states.)
So dont accept them. Let the developers care for their workarounds. Everybody knows it is actually broken. by a definition as a user. developers serve the users, not users the capabilities of a developer. So as long as it is not good, we players keep asking for it. Now you know what I define a broken state. As for you you can live with it. I will not. what a mistone that I have to loose words about that.Posted Image

Edit2: I add another example, because I have lot of fun to explain it:
If you buy a car with only 3 wheels, and the seller sais, that the 4. wheel comes as the spare wheel in the car trunk, and you have to mount it before use, and 'we' do that now with all cars, then the car is sold in a broken state, that the people (are given the mechanic tools) to repair it.
Since WHEN does a user NOT want a all chat? It makes absolutely NO sense to disable what is mandatory!
Not even to make even a difference between team chat and all chat, you have 2 buttons to seperate that, and multiple possibilities to change the channel even mouse control ingame, when mechwarrior does not use mouse control as a mechwarrior.
99% of all users will trouble about it, until they get advised.
Why should EVER a user disable this option? not in a comparison to easify team chat on new players, not even the silliest user accepts a disabled all chat. You can do that in turnaments. We the users wish it for years, they dont mind, but everybody is annoyed by it. So I thought this is an opportunity to say NO to it.
This is the requirement to make developers follow a good direction. You teach them. If you accept incomplete states, and be it a tiny thing(!) they will go below this manner the next time, because you are okay with it.
Now raise the ladder, and dont accept every trash somebody throws at you.

Mechwarrior is to good to ignore, and the chat is too bad to accept. Senselessness has no point. Other people also collect colateral damages as we see above, which are just a million undone things, that dont belong into a program.
All way good with PGI, and do your homework, or we give the mechwarrior title to a better developer, the power of the people will force it. You will loose the power of the lonly. They have enough money, and the people ask for a clean mechwarrior. We want motivate them to do the least things right, not with time pressure, not with waiting forever, but with proper commanding in a authority, that has earned that place, responsible for the experience from millions of people! Yount the 1000 things, and do your life task right.
*Waited *nough* If the circumstances dont make proper games possible, also elsewhere, the people will change the circumstances which cause the trouble. Whereever be the root. If forums have ANY sense, then to call for activities like this to improve a game with our free will, that my wife is got slipped through.

Are you some kind of crazy or something?

You rather write THIS "little" comment instead doing 1 simple mouse click in options menu?

Are you trolling? Or some kind of professional ranting guy?

#405 Storm of the Truth

• Pip
  • The Moon
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:24 AM

My post is very long. I just spoilered it. I speak with open words. Not trying to overload someone with my vision. No offense!

Spoiler

Edited by Storm of the Truth, 23 April 2018 - 12:27 AM.

#406 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:43 AM

View PostStorm of the Truth, on 23 April 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

My post is very long. I just spoilered it. I speak with open words. Not trying to overload someone with my vision. No offense!

Spoiler

I am sad about you. With all your creativity and skill of writing you could so much more than fighting totally unnecessary battles.

Especially the fact that half a dozen ppl wanted to help you just because they are friendly and you use this for spamming 2 sides for leeching attention. Really that waste of energy makes me sad. You seem to be a smart guy with talents in thinking out of the box, like me too btw. Mate, use this for important things, friendly advice from me and last sentence about this topic. See you and think about it...or not.

#407 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:24 AM

My post is very long. I just spoilered it. I speak with open words. Not trying to overload someone with my vision.
Here's a hint: if you want to engage in serious discussion, be concise. Stream-of-thought verbal diarrhea just gets you dismissed or treated like a fool.

Speaking arguments does not mean attacking, not understanding somebody does not mean he is wrong.
It means he's incapable of clearly making his own case. This is most often proof positive that he had no real case in the first place.

I cant hit with heavy ppcs and AC20 on more than 500 meters, and there is no way of improving that,
There are two.
The first is known as "leading your target", a mythical skill rumoured to be obtainable by the ancient ritual known as "practice".
The second is "Projectile Velocity", which can come from chassis quirks, Skill Tree and Targeting Computers.

Also, if you're shooting AC20 at 500 meters, then you're doing it wrong.

because the weapons visional effects together with blinding effects (from enemy fire)
If you're hit enough to blind you, it's a subtle hint you're in the wrong position and about to die if you don't retreat.

and inaccurate hud, suddenly jumping on obstacles, but not showing me, if I hit the ground right before me, or the target on a hill edge,
That only happens in third person view. Protip, if you want to be successful at the game, stop using third person view and don't attempt to use a joystick or gamepad for targeting.

I cannot place ac20 on my arms most of the time, in mechwarrior 3-4 I could place 2 if I wanted
You absolutely can... on IS mechs that have ballistic hardpoints in arms and no lower arm actuators, or on any Clan mechs with ballistic hardpoints in arms and 8 (C-UAC/20) .or 9 (C-AC/20) free slots. Those mechs exist, go find them.

I played like 1000 hours of mechwarrior, but still feel very bad at important areas of the game, whereas in Mechwarrior 4 it was quite easy to get good, not even 200 hours for a mechwarrior. More easy game (environment).
PVP is harder by default because the other side actually has a working brain. PVE AI is designed to let you win without making it seem too easy.

Clear rules, not so much cheesing, and a professional mech movement. Slower. Heavy. more accurate, if you fire.
Cheese builds were always a thing in multiplayer mode for the series, and will ALWAYS happen if players get to customize their mech (or character). The only reason Mechwarrior 4 was not as bad about it was because of its' painfully restrictive hardpoint system.

Now dont call me a rant.
You engage in long-winded diatribes, go off on random subjects completely irrelevant to the discussion and write paragraphs of text where a single brief sentence would be sufficient to get your point across. That is a textbook definition of what a rant is.

Edited by Horseman, 23 April 2018 - 07:39 AM.

#408 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:26 AM

View PostWild_Alaskan, on 18 April 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

WotC made 4th ed. for people like that. Posted Image

Not really they made that edition for wargamers. ;)

We played it but as a DM I "had problems" with that version as it removed the free flowing side of exploration/combat. Other than that it was okay.

As a contrast 5th edition is a huge improvement over previous editions.

Edited by Aramuside, 23 April 2018 - 04:37 AM.

#409 Wild_Alaskan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 159 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:25 AM

View PostAramuside, on 23 April 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

Not really they made that edition for wargamers. Posted Image

As a wargamer, I protest. And I can tell you that everyone in my group HATES 4th ed. We mostly play Pathfinder or 5th ed.

View PostAramuside, on 23 April 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

As a contrast 5th edition is a huge improvement over previous editions.

I've only played a couple of games, but I'll definitely agree with this.

#410 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:27 AM

Anyone else having trouble with the Bolt-ons not appearing when trying to add them to your mech. I have gotten one that I own from a supply cache, and I think there are some that you can buy already with MC? When ever I am on that tab under camospec it is always empty, now matter what filter options I have chosen.

#411 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 23 April 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

Anyone else having trouble with the Bolt-ons not appearing when trying to add them to your mech. I have gotten one that I own from a supply cache, and I think there are some that you can buy already with MC? When ever I am on that tab under camospec it is always empty, now matter what filter options I have chosen.

The problem with bolt-ons is that they are not cross-chassis the way cockpit items are. Each bolt-on exists as completely separate items for each and every chassis that supports them (which, frankly, is just plain stupid of PGI to do, but what do you do...).

#412 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:54 PM

View PostHorseman, on 23 April 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

The problem with bolt-ons is that they are not cross-chassis the way cockpit items are. Each bolt-on exists as completely separate items for each and every chassis that supports them (which, frankly, is just plain stupid of PGI to do, but what do you do...).

I didn't realize that. And that is a bit stupid. The odd thing is I can't get any to show up for any mech chassis I have tried. Even when I have all selected, which I would think would at least give me the option to buy some of them.

#413 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 23 April 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

I didn't realize that. And that is a bit stupid. The odd thing is I can't get any to show up for any mech chassis I have tried. Even when I have all selected, which I would think would at least give me the option to buy some of them.
And so we won't know which ones you actually own until PGI adds an inventory page listing all bolt-ons you have...

#414 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

View PostHorseman, on 23 April 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

And so we won't know which ones you actually own until PGI adds an inventory page listing all bolt-ons you have...

Yes, this seems like it would be an incredibly intuitive decision, it is hard to comprehend how or why that feature was left out.

#415 PLCA99

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:40 AM

I may be repeating a question but I'm not reading through 20+ pages to see if it has been asked/answered before. On the supply caches, are commons all you can get from quick play?

#416 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:13 AM

Spoiler

The only thing I noticed in this long-winded rant is that you're shooting AC20s beyond 500 meters range.

Luls.

#417 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:09 AM

Posted Image

Plz PLz. check if the temperatures are correct on the maps of the arenas ... not only general temperature but we point out that they are warmer and fresher. Thank you
Note the S7 is not funny. I would love to see more players experience less quirks joke armor. Posted Image Posted Image

#418 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

Ultra Rare Supply Cache and Rare Supply Cache have same explanation text. Rare having incorrect one, promises too much.

And while we are at it, giving players chance to choose bolt-on on Solaris caches would be nicer than giving bolt-ons on mechs players dont have nor plan on having. Alt ability to sell unused bolt-ons, this obviously wont happen.

Edited by SmokeGuar, 29 April 2018 - 12:06 PM.

#419 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:03 PM

View PostSmokeGuar, on 29 April 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

Ultra Rare Supply Cache and Rare Supply Cache have same explanation text. Rare having incorrect one, promises too much.

And while we are at it, giving players chance to choose bolt-on on Solaris caches would be nicer than giving bolt-ons on mechs players dont have nor plan on having. Alt ability to sell unused bolt-ons, this obviously wont happen.
Or just cross-compatibility of the bolt-ons between chassis, same as cockpit items work.

#420 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

Neither of those relates to what I'm talking about. I'm just saying that eg if you had a "Crown" bolt-on, it should count as available to any chassis that can have the "Crown" equipped.

Edited by Horseman, 01 May 2018 - 08:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users