• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:55 PM

View PostDungeon 206, on 13 April 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Dire Wolf in Division 1?

Timber Wolf in Division 2?

OMEGALUL.

Clearly NOT. if they even bothered to consult the top comp players like denairwalker... who incidentally HAS made an accurate mech tier list.... then the Divisions would look vastly different...

for reference: https://docs.google....Xh_gI/htmlview#
this list is actually accurate to reality and actually explains why.

once again. PGI proves to be delusional.

There is a big difference between a Solo Q Mech or a FP Mech or a Group Q Mech and a Mech that is made to succeed in Solaris. I would not be surprised at all if guys like Dennwalker, Bearclaw, Fragasauras Rex and Bowser were involved in ranking the Mechs. All of them have served as The Master in the PGI sponsored 1v1 tournaments.

Also remember that each variant is ranked for the very best build that can possibly be put on it. Things like that pigeon hole every Clan Omni-Mech variant into the same division. Clan Laser vomit will suck because all the top builds lean too heavily on enhanced cool shots which are not allowed in Solaris. Mechs with huge armor quirks like many of the IS Mechs will dominate with Heavy Gauss, Gauss, AC20, LBXs, SRMs, MRMs, Snub Nose PPC, Medium Lasers. Clans will bring Gauss, erPPC, MPL and SRMs. Lots of people on both sides will bring MGs. Many Mechs that are somewhat overlooked in FP and QP will find new life and be strong in Solaris where brawling will be the name of the game.

#42 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 13 April 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

I'm down with HPG...yeah, you know me.

People playing HPG all the time? Let's make it even more attractive by giving it the best temps so everyone can fire even more on it!

And make the hot maps even hotter for good measure! Wew lad.

#43 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:06 PM

Why is the YLW in DIV 7 and the AL in DIV 5, they are the same Mech?

#44 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:07 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 13 April 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

People playing HPG all the time? Let's make it even more attractive by giving it the best temps so everyone can fire even more on it!

And make the hot maps even hotter for good measure! Wew lad.

Strange thing is that heat does not dissipate the same in a vacuum or near vacuum as it does in an atmosphere. The Mechs should actually have more trouble ridding themselves of heat. HBS caught this on the moon map where you win the Argo and all the streamers that were previewing the game had more trouble with heat on that map than any other.

#45 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:17 PM

View PostDungeon 206, on 13 April 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Dire Wolf in Division 1?

Timber Wolf in Division 2?

OMEGALUL.

View PostNavid A1, on 13 April 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

Remember that PGI has a secret Div A uber competitive meta team that nobody knows about deciding on these!!!

They are also the ones giving PGI balance advice.

Clearly NOT. if they even bothered to consult the top comp players like denairwalker... who incidentally HAS made an accurate mech tier list.... then the Divisions would look vastly different...

for reference: https://docs.google....Xh_gI/htmlview#
this list is actually accurate to reality and actually explains why.

once again. PGI proves to be delusional.

I think I should have put a \s at the end of my post.

The super secret Div A players is what they always reference to, when they see that their changes is in direct contrast to the playerbase' opinion

Edited by Navid A1, 13 April 2018 - 08:18 PM.

#46 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostRampage, on 13 April 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

I would not be surprised at all if guys like Dennwalker, Bearclaw, Fragasauras Rex and Bowser were involved in ranking the Mechs. All of them have served as The Master in the PGI sponsored 1v1 tournaments.

serving as The Master for 1v1s doesnt mean PGI actually listens to them.
PGI simply utilizing them to increase interest and demand.
do some research into the dialogues between top players and PGI and you'll see what i mean.
"revolution" is a word that is common in those circles.

View PostRampage, on 13 April 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

Mechs with huge armor quirks like many of the IS Mechs will dominate with Heavy Gauss, Gauss, AC20, LBXs, SRMs, MRMs, Snub Nose PPC, Medium Lasers. Clans will bring Gauss, erPPC, MPL and SRMs. Lots of people on both sides will bring MGs. Many Mechs that are somewhat overlooked in FP and QP will find new life and be strong in Solaris where brawling will be the name of the game.

i'd love to see you try to beat a dual HGR Annilator with full armour skills and quirks in a Dire Wolf without coolshot.
i'd pay good money.

Edited by Dungeon 206, 13 April 2018 - 08:22 PM.

#47 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

C'mon, PGI... only 3 different patrons? Surely you could come up with many more options, based on game canon or your own imaginations.

#48 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

Well, hopefully we finally start to see Flamers addressed and properly fixed, now that Solaris is a thing. I can only hope that this Flamer adjustment is the first step in moving Flamers to fixed flat values. Hopefully the many-step outline I posted several times for moving to fixed flat values in incremental steps was taken seriously. Moving to fixed flat values would have the incredible benefit of not forcing the Flamer to function in different ways between Solaris and standard matches. If Flamers were doing somewhere in the field of 1.0 DPS, 1.5 Heat DPS, and 1.0 HPS, you wouldn't need to worry about stun-locking or "over-usage" caused by exponential scaling and "free fire" windows; and you wouldn't need to give them different damage profiles between Quick Play and Solaris matches, as well.

The current Flamer is currently in a wretched state and I wouldn't even call it a "niche" weapon, but apparently -despite the Flamergeddon destruction of the weapon- there's still the fear of abuse in 1v1 matches. I hope the Flamer finally gets the proper fix it deserved back when a flamer overhaul was announced in 2013, which would have prevented Flamergeddon and all of this Solaris Flamer mess in the first place.

#49 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

grf-ar grf-s <----- which of those denotes the GRF-1E (the sparky) since GRF-1E isn't listed i guess its one of those..........

It would have also been REALLY nice if you made the weight classes for each colum start on the same row.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 13 April 2018 - 09:15 PM.

#50 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:43 PM

All seems very cool to me!

Thumb up

#51 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:02 PM

Ummm, your SNS are listed under assaults.

#52 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

"
'Mechs and Divisions
Every 'Mech in MWO can be played in the Solaris Games. However there are every variant of every 'Mech chassis has been divided into 7 Divisions."

Slight grammatical error / changing your thought process mid sentence I think ? (i do it ALL the time, just trying to help fix it for anyone who didnt read yesterday)

should read "However every variant of every 'Mech " i expect ?

#53 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:39 PM

View PostSevronis, on 13 April 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Okay.. I really gotta know what criteria PGI used in making the division lists. A Quickdraw IV4 is the only heavy in division 1? Regarded as better than all the other heavies?! I think they just rolled dice.

That or I think I missed something here.

If it's not obvious to people (it should be), these tiers do NOT correspond in a linearly ascending fashion to which mech is "best". Instead they reflect what PGI thinks will make for fair and exciting match-ups.

The Quickdraw IV4 is the only Tier 1 heavy because it has to close in to use its optimum build (MRMs) which assaults have enough armor to tank. Heavy mechs capable of packing on gauss or lasers would have a major speed advantage on assaults, allowing them to kite all those slow 100 tonners successfully.

So basically Tier 1 is all slow assaults except for a few token mechs from lower classes that have to close in close to do their damage, so that kiting is NOT the dominant strategy in that tier.

Tier 7 is all lights except a couple of fast mediums that can pack AC20s (the bane of light legs), thus creating the opportunity for exciting cat and mouse matchups. Here, the dominant strategy if you're in a light against the Yen Lo is indeed to kite it.

Obviously, Yen-lo-wang is better than most centurion variants. That's actually WHY it was shifted down into its own class with the lights.

Edited by 5th Fedcom Rat, 13 April 2018 - 10:45 PM.

#54 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:46 PM

This Division 'mech distribution defies any logic.
Also

Home Lobby Load Times

Waitwarrior intensifies

#55 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:26 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 13 April 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

Why is the YLW in DIV 7 and the AL in DIV 5, they are the same Mech?

Except they're not. YLW has the arm ballistic mounts and the CT energy mounts only. The AL has 4 energy and 2 missile and no ballistic. The AL also has better defensive structure quirks. The best weapons fit a YLW can carry is a pair of med pulse lasers and a UAC/20. That, a 230 LFE, 3 tons of ammo, 12 DHS, Endo and 322 pts of LFF armor fit perfectly with a 1.58 heat mgmt ratio.

#56 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:39 PM

View PostIdToaster, on 13 April 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

Considering that the Moon can hit 127 Celsius in daylight, I don't see how that was an issue.

OUR moon yes... but not once on HPG do you ever seen a star anywhere near the station. The surface temperature of Jupiter's moon Europa never rises higher than minus 160 celsius for example. Mars's moons never get higher than -4C.

#57 Lily of Thrace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUtopia, Terra

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:44 PM

Bolt-on geometry in all modes? I can approve of that, if only for the salt.

#58 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:07 AM

Clan Light Machine Gun:
  • Critical Chance Bonus reduced.
  • Critical Damage Multiplier reduced to 7 (from 8)
Oh come on! They were already useless since november, or whenever that first nerf occured. Just play the [Redacted] game and see what lodoauts people use.

Edited by draiocht, 14 April 2018 - 11:59 AM.
inappropriate language, replies removed

#59 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:30 AM

that's look very nice ... just hope it will bring more players to be online

#60 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:46 AM

Going through the Mech Divisions now... most of them seem fine, but there are some questionable choices.

Executioner and Gargoyle in Division 2. That seems a bit high.

The Adder, Cougar and Kit Fox are all in Division 4; I'm not sure if they'll stand much chance against substantially faster SRM splat boats of same Division, like the Oxide and Jenner IIC.

PGI seems confident the Fafnir will be a Top Tier mech, as they are all Division 1.

Hellbringers are Tier 3, while Ebon Jaguar is Division 2. I'm guessing that could be because Hellbringer really only does laser vomit well, while Ebon can do other stuff... but it still looks a bit odd.

All Timbies are Division 2, lawl.

Edited by Zergling, 14 April 2018 - 12:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users