• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:36 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 14 April 2018 - 02:48 AM, said:

more potatoe tears, thats why.

To make potatos cry more to be hit by them. Making them whine tears because they cant frigging adapt to a weak weapon system.
Might not be the most fitting buff to increase its use in higher tiers and/ or competive use though. Now that would be the day.
Velocity buff is a start.

Im glad they just didnt trainwreck machine guns too much, flamer changes im OK with, even though the cryptic nerf could be withouth, it took time to heat up a mech ( even with 4 as I recall) unless the target boated significant amount of heat generating weapons. Cant say I have used more than 4 flamers anyway.

#83 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,591 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:42 AM

No 9 Decal slots this patch??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO DO want DOwant DO want DOwant

Edited by Mighty Spike, 14 April 2018 - 06:43 AM.

#84 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:40 AM

I don't know why change temperature by that much on so many maps.
Btw why we can't put any bolt-ons on legs? I kinda wanted some small spikes on legs too not only everywhere else, how disappointing,
So anyway, bolt-ons can be bought or "won through the all new Solaris Supply Cache system", does that mean we wont be getting loot boxes from QP matches anymore ? or we will be getting loot boxes without bolt-ons for QP? hmn.
Hopefully mg's nerf will be helpful.
I am not interested with solaris at all, perhaps if we could get melee combat added to the game with it well then that would be something to look forward to indeed, but well of course not, solaris without melee? meh,
I will be waiting for Community Warfare/Faction Warfare/Faction Play updates/changes, maybe eventually after some even more time this so called end game will get some attention and finally turn into something decent, less meaningless & flavourless.

Edited by Kell Aset, 16 April 2018 - 12:51 AM.

#85 PUFNSTUF

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

View PostHorseman, on 14 April 2018 - 05:14 AM, said:

We were told what they were planning to do at that time, which could have changed since.
Note that last time there was a major refund (with the Skill Tree), the patch notes did cover it: https://mwomercs.com...15-16-may-2017/

Exactly this, they originally said they would be replaced with the new boxes, then they switched to the MC/Cbill option, and it could have changed again so patch notes or an announcement for people who don't read the forums would be nice.

#86 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:09 AM

I like Division 7, full of garbage. But is the Gray Death really that bad respectively fitting into this Division?

Division 2 looks like fun!

#87 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:48 AM

View PostZodie, on 14 April 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

This Division system seems unstable

It is meant to be fluid. This is just the starting point based on the data the PGI has at their disposal and the input from members of the community including some comp players and those that regularly compete in 1v1 style play.. Mech variants will change divisions, based on performance, after the conclusion of each season. Each division is set up so that all variants contained within it should be competitive relative to one another. Outliers will be moved to other divisions once a season concludes.

#88 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:15 AM

View PostRampage, on 14 April 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

It is meant to be fluid. This is just the starting point based on the data the PGI has at their disposal and the input from members of the community including some comp players and those that regularly compete in 1v1 style play.. Mech variants will change divisions, based on performance, after the conclusion of each season. Each division is set up so that all variants contained within it should be competitive relative to one another. Outliers will be moved to other divisions once a season concludes.

I meen more divisions - more gamewaiting, more thinks about their future changes - more disbalance come to. I feel like the best way is to remove it at all. OC IMO!!!!

#89 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 106 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 13 April 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

After every match, players will earn Supply Cache Points (SCP) which are displayed in a progression bar. A new element in the game's front end displays progress to the next Supply Cache. When a player earns enough SCP to fill the progression bar, they will be awarded a Supply Cache which contains all kinds of rewards, and then resets the SCP progression bar back to zero and the process repeats.
Once a player has earned a Supply Cache, the contents inside of it can be viewed. Each Supply Cache contains 4 items randomly picked from an item pool based on the Supply Cache's rarity. All 4 items are given to the player when the Supply Cache is opened.

+10

Finally SCP are gonna be useful.

#90 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:31 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 13 April 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Weapon Restrictions

Flamers are not restricted in Solaris, however their performance has been reduced with a nerf which only applies to the Solaris Games.
There is one key restriction in terms of weapon loadouts for Solaris. Any combination of 7 or more of the following weapons will result in an invalid 'Mech build for Solaris matches:

• Heavy PPC
  • Clan ER PPC
  • Clan ER Large Laser
  • Clan Heavy Large Laser
  • Clan Large Pulse Laser

Is this mechanic new in this patch? Seems like a better way to handle boating loadouts that usually lead to weapon nerfs.

#91 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostKell Aset, on 14 April 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

I don't know why change temperature by that much on so many maps.

Because so many existing maps varies very little. THe hottest maps all currently fall within a 2 degree range. There's very little "middle" ground.

#92 MISBEHAVING 2112

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:03 AM

Missile Changes

LRM 5:
Velocity increased to 190 (from 160)
LRM 10:
LRM 15:
LRM 20:
Clan LRM 5:
Velocity Increased to 190 (from 160)
Clan LRM 10:
Velocity Increased to 190 (from 160)
Clan LRM 15:
Clan LRM 20:

Design Notes: After reviewing the net effects of a series of other changes that affected lockon weapons, we feel confident in providing LRM's with some much needed QoL velocity increases to their profile to make them more effective at longer ranges. With this said, we are still razor focused on the impact of such a change, and while over the long run we want to see an increase the etc

Lets just make the most hated, low skill, weekend warrior weapon even more irritating... seriously!!!

Just Misbehaving

#93 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:15 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 14 April 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

[/b]

Is this mechanic new in this patch? Seems like a better way to handle boating loadouts that usually lead to weapon nerfs.

I suspect these restrictions are all aimed at preventing B33f-like one shot builds ie. the Direstar (and others like it).

#94 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:18 AM

Oh well the bolt on **** is ******* up QP as well..

I'm out

#95 Commander James Raynor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:27 AM

So there was no fix fot the SNS hitboxes?

#96 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

PLEASE ADD CHECK BOX IN OPTIONS FOR DISABLE ALL NEW COSMETIC STUFF OUTSIDE SOLARIS7!
I dont want see this circus in quick mathches

Edited by Scanz, 14 April 2018 - 11:35 AM.

#97 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

View PostCommander James Raynor, on 14 April 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

So there was no fix fot the SNS hitboxes?
There is, mentioned at the bottom of the patch notes.

#98 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

Fafnir:
Super excited about it. Looking forward piloting that Steiner monster and spreading the word of the Archon!

Solaris7 Heros:
Will pick up the one or the other. As said before getting a FW Heroes pack with some LP boost item would be nice.

Solaris7 Game Mode:
Amazing to see how much attention was put into the game mode. I like that Sol7 now is part of MWO and will give it a try although, beeing more FW interested, it is not realy my cup of tea.

Bolt On Geometry:
I kinda find it disturbing that those bolt on geometries will also be seen outside of the Sol7 mode. Like some of the more nonsensical warhorns they kinda ruin the immersion when fielded by every second mech. So maybe an option to turn off some of the warhorns and bolt on geometries would be nice.

Mechbay 2.0:
Awesome! Looking forward to it. The free floating cam and First Person cam are great additions to admire and modify our beloved mechs. Way to go! Also getting +3 decal slots is great as well and will ad up to celebrating mechbay 2.0.

Supply Caches:
I did not like the old cache system and did not use it. Now I look forward to get the MC and C-Bill refund. Looking forward to try the new system, as I like to see what I will get before opening a cache.

Gameplay:
Hope to see some love for FW in the future. And welcome the 3057 Invasion Era. Also like to get rid of the LP penalty handcuffs, as I have IS/Clan mechs on my account. I do not switch factions often (only played Steiner/SJ yet). But it would have felt terribad to loose 50% LP progress. I would love to get 2 FW warfare careers, one IS and one Clan.

Map temperatures seem legit to me.

MASC and JumpJet changes seem legit to.

Home Lobby Load Times fix - looking forward to that as well.

Welcome the LRM velocity boost as they are kinda a whole useless weapon class and need to be made viable. But I fear tweaking LRM stats may not be sufficient to fully solve the problem that LRM are not used in high tier and seem to be a terrorising weapon in low tiers. The problem seems to be in their implementation as I try to point out and suggest a solution here:

Spoiler

https://mwomercs.com...-the-same-time/

#99 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

Oh LOL the divisions are so messed up...
CTF-4X in div 5, other CTF in div 3...
MAKE SO MUCH SENSE!
Especially CTF-2X which I have seen just 2-3 times in the last 2-3 years (except the people I asked to try it out).
Clan highlander in T4, while IS in T3 LOLWHAT?

#100 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostCathy, on 14 April 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Oh well the bolt on **** is ******* up QP as well..

I'm out

Seeing how bolt-ons get shot off in one hit, it is not really worthwhile to have on a mech, let alone paying for one, and I've seen worse appearances with decals. But if that is one reason to make you leave, then bye. I feel sorry for you, but oh well.

Edited by Will9761, 14 April 2018 - 02:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users