11 replies to this topic

#1 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:27 AM

Since ages it is known that white on black is rather unhealthy for the eyes, thats why blackboards changed to green.

now you add this in the Forum.

GJ - please go an read some studies and stuff about what color schemes are suitable and why some are unsuitable.

Edited by Lily from animove, 17 April 2018 - 01:31 AM.

#2 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:59 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 17 April 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

Since ages it is known that white on black is rather unhealthy for the eyes, thats why blackboards changed to green.

now you add this in the Forum.

GJ - please go an read some studies and stuff about what color schemes are suitable and why some are unsuitable.

Would have preferred Clan colours especially Clan Nova Cat. Current colours are hard on the eyes.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 17 April 2018 - 03:01 AM.

#3 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:11 AM

It hurts to look at. I won't be back until this blows over.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:33 AM

unfortunately I have to agree, this new redesign is hurting my eyes.

please put it back or provide some other blackground, I think pretty much anything would be better than this

#5 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

jep this new layout is a visual F## you for everybody who´s looking at

Posted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 17 April 2018 - 10:32 AM.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

Bug report:
When you Login, on that popup, there is a button on the top-right to Create an account (rather than signing in) however the font is too lightly colored on the button to read without hovering over.

#7 r00t b33r

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 34 posts
  • LocationN 41° 56' 53.8296", W 87° 39' 20.5626"

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

The fourms have been this way forever... wtf are you people talking about??? They chamged some background elements and orange to yellow for the Solaris update but it's remained relatively the same.

White-on-black is "bad" for the eyes, yes. As someone who does typography, color, and design for a living: I'd agree. But then it won't adhere to branding standards they've established as "MWO" in the way it looks. (And then I'm sure someone would make a post about how it no longer feels like the old MWO they've come to know, etc. etc. blah blah blah.)

HOWEVER: there are some who insist on writing essays on their pet peevs. It's okay if you have short posts to read; not a friggin' book about Star Khan Buck Sugerton's Most Excellent Adventures are the reason why ER MLs need to be nerfed (or whatever fill-in-the-blank rant). Seems like a petty thing to make a post about.

tl;dr: Open Notepad.exe, copy+paste the text and read it, you grumpy old folks.

#8 Mc Dye O Reddy

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:17 PM

I am an Aspie and this "white on black" is perfectly fine. You guys must be full on autistic. In college, a classmate did black on CGI green for a slide presentation, now that melted my brain.

Oh, and white on black background is less stressful than black on white background. Colored boards are more pleasing aesthetically but are no "easier" on the eyes than black.

Edited by Mc Dye O Reddy, 17 April 2018 - 11:25 PM.

#9 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:01 AM

View Postr00t b33r, on 17 April 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

The fourms have been this way forever... wtf are you people talking about??? They chamged some background elements and orange to yellow for the Solaris update but it's remained relatively the same.

White-on-black is "bad" for the eyes, yes. As someone who does typography, color, and design for a living: I'd agree. But then it won't adhere to branding standards they've established as "MWO" in the way it looks. (And then I'm sure someone would make a post about how it no longer feels like the old MWO they've come to know, etc. etc. blah blah blah.)

HOWEVER: there are some who insist on writing essays on their pet peevs. It's okay if you have short posts to read; not a friggin' book about Star Khan Buck Sugerton's Most Excellent Adventures are the reason why ER MLs need to be nerfed (or whatever fill-in-the-blank rant). Seems like a petty thing to make a post about.

tl;dr: Open Notepad.exe, copy+paste the text and read it, you grumpy old folks.

the old color scheme wasn't straining the eyes, I really do not care what colors they choose as long as they are comfortable for my eyes.

View PostMc Dye O Reddy, on 17 April 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

I am an Aspie and this "white on black" is perfectly fine. You guys must be full on autistic. In college, a classmate did black on CGI green for a slide presentation, now that melted my brain. Oh, and white on black background is less stressful than black on white background. Colored boards are more pleasing aesthetically but are no "easier" on the eyes than black.

Well there are studies which simply disagree because some people did research on that object for a reason, but surely you could also just stay ignorant to scientific facts.

#10 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:41 AM

the main part - of the posts is 100% ok.
The light gray on dark gray - thats fine.

but the 255,255,255 whites of the (Like anouncments or the names - or the buttons) or the Forum as it is -thats a big NOOO

#11 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

The only way this website could cause more damage from long term eye strain would be if the font was red.

I guess P.G.I must really really want us to stop using it.

#12 GX9900 Gundam X

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

That's funny, I'm used to people ******** on me on Discord for not using the "dark" theme. Now I come here to a largely similar demographic and everybody's COMPLAINING about the dark theme.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users