Quick-Fix Scheduled For Today Apr 17 @ 4:30Pm Pdt

51 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:20 PM

Greetings MechWarriors!

A Quick-Fix is scheduled to occur on Today, April 17th at 4:30 PM PST (23:30 UTC), to address the following fixes:

Faction Play Fixes
Loyalty Points have been restored in Faction Play.

Solaris Fixes
Divisions and Leaderboards will now display the proper information for each Division.
In addition, the Solaris Leaderboards will be updated every 15 minutes instead of hourly.

There will be a small downtime duration for this fix but no client patch.

We will be continuing to investigate and work on more fixes for a scheduled Hot-Fix on Thursday, April 19th 2018.
Keep an eye out for a news announcement for the exact time of the Hot-Fix on Thursday.

Thank you for your patience!

#2 Ordray

Rookie

• Private, First Class
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:24 PM

Will the quick fix include a fix for the title of the post?
QUICK-FIX SCHEDULED FOR TODAY FEB 17 @ 4:30PM PDT

Edited by Ordray, 17 April 2018 - 03:25 PM.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

Thank you for stepping in with a Quick Fix to some of the Bugs that didn't need a Patch Download, yet were potentially Critical-Rated. :)

I'll now be looking forward to the Patch that does need the Download. PGI Staff, I hope you saw my quick listing of some of those other Bugs on the Main April 2018 Monthly Patch Thread (https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/263936-patch-notes-141590-17-apr-2018/page__view__findpost__p__6072059). :D

~D. V. "Good night to a bad nightmare?" Devnull

#4 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

You ve done a good job with your fix. The numbers are now in an appropriate division. But the mech can only be viewed in division 1 statistics, still. You ve moved the numbers. Now you need to move the mech model to an appropriate division.

Also allow us to keep default server setting i e if i want to play European i should only need to select it once and not every match.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 17 April 2018 - 04:03 PM.

#5 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:43 PM

Clicking on Solaris crashes my MWO client.
I logged in specifically to play Solaris and now my Fafnir premium has started counting down and 2 hours of that plus my time has already been wasted.

And now it's coming up on 2am.

Edited by Ovion, 17 April 2018 - 04:44 PM.

#6 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

I opened a Supply Cache and got a bolt-on and other equipment, and then backed out and opened it again and got a different bolt-on and equipment, but could not do anything with it and backed out, now the Cache is gone and none of the items are in my inventory, or showing up as owned (bolt-ons).

#7 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:52 PM

same lack of bolt ons in inventory

#8 Lurch98

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 17 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

Be looking forward to the fix for the 2 minute to return to the mechbay feature this release added.

#9 Shock21

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:08 PM

If I select K-9 in my mechbay and select another mech, the client crashes to desktop

#10 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:50 PM

Not a fan of the "supply cache" popup after every single quickplay match because its also shown above mechs head.
This needs to be removed, or made optional, or only popup when its time to harvest another "supply cache".

#11 Rockcrusher

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:08 PM

View PostMax Rickson, on 17 April 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

Not a fan of the "supply cache" popup after every single quickplay match because its also shown above mechs head.
This needs to be removed, or made optional, or only popup when its time to harvest another "supply cache".

I agree on this one.

#12 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:16 PM

Wow... alright... lots to give constructive thoughts to! B)

View PostOvion, on 17 April 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Clicking on Solaris crashes my MWO client.
I logged in specifically to play Solaris and now my Fafnir premium has started counting down and 2 hours of that plus my time has already been wasted.

And now it's coming up on 2am.

Dang... Check using the MWO Repair Tool (or if on Steam, Verify Cache Integrity) to make sure things are not messed up, then re-test trying to access the features in MWO itself. Also, you might want to contact MWO Support... They might be able to give you a little extra Premium Time to compensate for the crash, or move what's left to Banked until things can be fixed. Just don't rage at them, alright? :blink:

View PostEd Steele, on 17 April 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

I opened a Supply Cache and got a bolt-on and other equipment, and then backed out and opened it again and got a different bolt-on and equipment, but could not do anything with it and backed out, now the Cache is gone and none of the items are in my inventory, or showing up as owned (bolt-ons).

View PostDee Eight, on 17 April 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

same lack of bolt ons in inventory

Hi there. Not all Bolt-Ons work on all Mechs as of yet. You'll need to go through your list of Mechs, like how Mech Camo Patterns work, and find which ones work where. I know it ain't a great answer, but it's the truth, and that's all I've currently got for you. :(

View PostShock21, on 17 April 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

If I select K-9 in my mechbay and select another mech, the client crashes to desktop

Run the MWO Repair Tool (or if on Steam, Verify Cache Integrity) and make sure everything is intact. After that, try MWO again to see if it recurs. If it crashes again, start a thread in the Patch Feedback Board, in order to inform PGI of the Bug. :huh:

View PostMax Rickson, on 17 April 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

I would be fully in Support of a CheckBox or Multi-State DropDown Menu to control how this displays and/or interacts with a user... Great Idea! :D

And now, folks, I've gotta scram again. Time moves on, and so must I... :ph34r:

~Mr. D. V. "Things just aren't quite as stable or as people expected with this Patch, are they?" Devnull

#13 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, I don't tend to rage, I've worked tech support. xD

It's still crashing but I've managed 8 matches so far. Will try more tomorrow.
Here's to more hotfixes!

#14 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:27 PM

I've been timing it. I'm now at 1:15 from when I press the 'exit match' to when I can do anything in the mech lab. This is unacceptable. Fix the loading times.

#15 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

Ok, so I do like the new look and the UI is easy to get around. However, I've crashed 4 times in an hour and only have one match done.(wasted too much time in mech bay drooling over the look of the mechs from eye level)

Any idea if they are looking at this issue?

#16 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:56 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 April 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

Dang... Check using the MWO Repair Tool (or if on Steam, Verify Cache Integrity) to make sure things are not messed up, then re-test trying to access the features in MWO itself. Also, you might want to contact MWO Support... They might be able to give you a little extra Premium Time to compensate for the crash, or move what's left to Banked until things can be fixed. Just don't rage at them, alright? Posted Image

DV: I don't know about you, but I've never seen a feature where you can convert Active Premium Time to Banked Premium Time. If you can show us how to do this, I can stretch my remaining Premium Time for YEARS. :)

Also, has anyone run numbers on Solaris earnings? It feels like you earn bupkiss for about the same time investment as a Scouting match...

#17 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:51 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 17 April 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

DV: I don't know about you, but I've never seen a feature where you can convert Active Premium Time to Banked Premium Time. If you can show us how to do this, I can stretch my remaining Premium Time for YEARS. Posted Image

Also, has anyone run numbers on Solaris earnings? It feels like you earn bupkiss for about the same time investment as a Scouting match...

You only earn a decent amount on a win or a really close loss.

#18 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

How to you pick between a 1v1 and 2v2 match?

I click on anything that says group (like on upper left of solaris home page) and then launch for a match and it always puts me in 1v1.

#19 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:47 PM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 17 April 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

How to you pick between a 1v1 and 2v2 match?

I click on anything that says group (like on upper left of solaris home page) and then launch for a match and it always puts me in 1v1.

You need to pick a teammate first, it won't do random pickup for you. I haven't checked how but I would imagine it's the usual route, friend list and invite to group. But I know you need to pick it somehow.

Cbills and exp.

On nice defeat you get about 18k and win 23k.

So yeah for cbill or exp the mode is really weak, play it for fun or acc. Raw damage is really weak for cbills though, like I did 340 damage againts Annihilator but no component destruction and died, and got only 7k cbills.

So far liking the mode, but I'm a bit limited with time as another game I play a lot has a huge event coming. I haven't had crashes but the loading to Solaris 7 home lobby sure takes too long and there's a really nice suggestion about it on the suggestions subforum. I think my loading time is about a minute, seems the same as before.

:wink:

#20 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:17 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 17 April 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

DV: I don't know about you, but I've never seen a feature where you can convert Active Premium Time to Banked Premium Time. If you can show us how to do this, I can stretch my remaining Premium Time for YEARS. Posted Image

There is not a "feature" by which this is done, and I seriously don't get how you badly misread my post. Next time, read it through thoroughly. :angry:

Ovion is currently having issues with running the MWO Client. I suggested they Contact Support, as given the situation with the crashes, MWO's Support Staff might be willing to consider on a special basis that Active Premium Time which Ovion paid for with the Fafnir MechPack. The hope would be then that they would have it converted into Banked Premium Time, as to avoid it being wasted by a Bug that only PGI can resolve. :huh:

If you're not having crashes of the MWO Client, C337Skymaster, then you're actually able to use your Active Premium Time... even that which is paid for from a Fafnir MechPack purchase, and would NOT happen to be in need of this kind of special compensation. Go enjoy and use it, because you're not in need of putting it away temporarily until the issue that's happening to Ovion is fixed. Otherwise, if you are having issues with crashes, go explain your situation to MWO Support as well. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "HOW THE HELL CAN SOMEBODY MISREAD MY POSTING LIKE THIS?!?!? WTF?!?!?" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users