Fafnir And Solaris 7 Heroes Mech Pack Quick Play Events

22 replies to this topic

#21 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:37 AM

View PostRyoken, on 20 April 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

Thank you for the nice event. I like the patton pattern a lot and would even consider buying it if it had not those stars on it. Now that we have awesome 9 dekkel slots I can try to cover those stars. But the patton camo without stars would be even better. And it should be easy to produce, as basically before applying stars and stuff, the artist has to release the pattern as a plain two color camo.

<<<image from https://preview.ibb.co/fcdjZ7/MWO_04_20_2018_15_45_00.png>>>

So now I did put this nice camo on my beloved Fafnir and have another issue. As can be seen on the picture the camo pattern is hardly recocnizeable due to the lot of edges looking like someone had done a high gloss polishing on my warmachine. I can tell you - if I find that tech who did this - we will have an interessting conversation about camouflage, why there is no matt color and no matt basecoat below the camo paint, and how he dared to polish the metal to be extra shiny!

On a more serious note to the artist... yes also warmachines experience weathering or even chipped of paint. But this is to much and way to shiny. There are a lot of weathering examples in the net and modelling homepages. Maybe you can use those for example of how withering on mechs could look like:

<<<image from https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4a/a0/d5/4aa0d5dafca0295ba4889943ea24492e.jpg>>>

<<<image from https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/M1-A1_Abrams_1.jpg/1024px-M1-A1_Abrams_1.jpg>>>

That beeing said, there is an ongoing discussion on how withered a mech should look like. The best solution would be a seperate option to select different levels of withering. But as long as that option is not available my advice would be to try a nice compromise and avoid shiny surfaces on camouflage.

Pardon me, Ryoken... Did you perhaps not mean "matt" (which would refer to the guy who communicates publicly with us during Events), but instead "matte" (which happens to be a type of painting surface method)??? :(

~D. V. "Is it just me, or is something off with the spelling?" Devnull

#22 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:16 AM

Hey PGI & Matt, do you think you could extend this event into next weekend (05/06)? That is, assuming you don't have something planned for Cinco de Mayo?

I ask because this release has had more hotfix downtime than most of the release events. I would love a little more time to get the Fafnir unlocks. I don't get to play every day so, I'm looking at a super small window, especially when the servers are down in the time I do get to play. I'm not expecting an affirmative, but I'll keep my fingers crossed ,\'

#23 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:52 AM

The Event is nice, but it caused me to notice that the Dao Breaker's geometry seems to have changed since release. The large laser in the Right arm, the arm with only has one Energy hardpoint, has moved up into the upper back slot that on the left arm is used for its second laser hardpoint. I cannot properly fashion-warrior with a symmetrical loadout now, and it bothers me.

Please to fix?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users