35 replies to this topic

#21 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:39 PM

well well. It is possible for the mech engine to explode Posted Image Posted Image in Solaris 7 plz .. so the players make another opening. Another snow map Posted Image Posted Image this one is very weak.
Polar Highlands Posted Image plz

#22 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:58 PM

I'm finally starting to get back into things after this HotFix. My thanks to PGI for putting out something to handle things that were breaking the game, albeit that I didn't have time to tap into any of those possible pitfalls as of yet. :)

I have to admit, I wish that post-match increases to Supply Cache points had been displayed in tiny text by the meter up top instead of being dropped totally from view. :(

Now... what's up about these floating textures in the MechBay? And will we ever get to see Consumables update their totals during Mech Configuration ever again, like it used to be sometime back? What about moving weaponry between Components that have the appropriate Hardpoints without having to dismount it first? And why doesn't some pieces of equipment allow for swapping where it should be rightfully applicable? :o

~D. V. "...some thoughts on how to improve configuring Mechs..." Devnull

#23 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:21 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 19 April 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

- Bolt-Ons tab in Camo Spec screen will now have the name of the 'Mech Chassis which the Bolt-Ons are available to equip on the variants of.

Additional Notes:
- Bolt-On's rewarded through Supply Caches from Solaris may not be Bolt-Ons for the same 'Mech Chassis or Division which you have earned them from.

Any chance for an inventory page listing the bolt-ons we currently own?

#24 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:02 AM

View PostHorseman, on 20 April 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

Any chance for an inventory page listing the bolt-ons we currently own?

OMG this!

I see no point in opening my caches if the bolt ons are just going to disappear... never to be found again because they belong to some chassis I'm not even using at the moment (I currently have almost 400 mechs so I can't use all of them)

#25 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:01 AM

Thanx for the quick fix of LP progress as well!

#26 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:56 AM

View PostRyoken, on 20 April 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

Thanx for the quick fix of LP progress as well!

That happened BEFORE this HotFix. Your post would be best echoed again @ "QUICK-FIX SCHEDULED FOR TODAY APR 17 @ 4:30PM PDT" (http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/264135-quick-fix-scheduled-for-today-apr-17-430pm-pdt), because it's in the wrong place right now. ;)

~D. V. "Just trying to point you in the right direction..." Devnull

#27 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

What are these new Supply Caches for?
E.g., I have opened a cache and found a decal, which I can't apply to the selected mech (the button "apply" is grayed). What the meaning of this?

#28 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

View PostMarsThunder, on 20 April 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

E.g., I have opened a cache and found a decal, which I can't apply to the selected mech (the button "apply" is grayed). What the meaning of this?

Would you please be more detailed, perhaps with screenshots? I am confused by your queries and statement. :blink:

~D. V. "...totally not getting what you're talking about..." Devnull

#29 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:32 PM

Remove the Mechbay, let us have something where the game stays on an acceptable loading time (also not quick)

Loading back from a game after the anoying points info, got a recorded 45 sec.

#30 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:27 AM

Hey the bug about dropdeck mech selection screen using the locked Solaris 7 division still needs to be fixed.

See example, the Solaris 7 division selection is filtering the mechs you see. It's extremly tedious now to make a dropdeck because you have to go to Solaris 7 mode to change the division for each mech, and you can't make any adjustments in lobby.

Posted Image

#31 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:06 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 April 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

Would you please be more detailed, perhaps with screenshots? I am confused by your queries and statement. Posted Image

Another thing I can not understand:
https://youtu.be/wZ4UwwLP7bc

#32 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:25 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 21 April 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

Hey the bug about dropdeck mech selection screen using the locked Solaris 7 division still needs to be fixed.

See example, the Solaris 7 division selection is filtering the mechs you see. It's extremly tedious now to make a dropdeck because you have to go to Solaris 7 mode to change the division for each mech, and you can't make any adjustments in lobby.

<<<image from https://i.imgur.com/4XLbYRC.jpg>>>

Running into the same problem here... However, this can be partially worked around by flatly pressing "Clear" on the particular Drop Deck when beginning to Edit, then pressing the "Show All" button on the top-left, and re-clicking your intended sorting options from what's displayed. I know it messes with your settings, but it was the only way I could find to break out of "Solaris 7" messing things up. PGI should fix this error in their Code like last week had not gone by yet... This one's rather awful. :huh:

View PostMarsThunder, on 21 April 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 April 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

View PostMarsThunder, on 20 April 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Would you please be more detailed, perhaps with screenshots? I am confused by your queries and statement. Posted Image

Another thing I can not understand:
https://youtu.be/wZ4UwwLP7bc

I see the issue... Yeah, it should absolutely not be lighting up the "Equip" button for things that simply are impossible to put on the currently selected Mech. Even if the Mech and Weapon are from the same Tech Base, such as a "LRM 5" and a Cicada Mech, the lack of Missile Hardpoints should have prevented that button being lit. :(

Now, I did not get to see an image of the Decal that you were mentioning in your earlier message. But, my guess is that it was unable to skip directly to the "Camo Spec" screen, and so it refused to give an "Equip" for immediately using that item. You'll need to go to "MechLab > Camo Spec > Owned > Decal > All" in order to find and use it, provided some other bug didn't cause the system to fail in actually granting it to you. :mellow:

~D. V. "More catch-up with important things... How PGI blew these, I do not get." Devnull

#33 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:44 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 April 2018 - 01:25 AM, said:

I see the issue... Yeah, it should absolutely not be lighting up the "Equip" button for things that simply are impossible to put on the currently selected Mech. Even if the Mech and Weapon are from the same Tech Base, such as a "LRM 5" and a Cicada Mech, the lack of Missile Hardpoints should have prevented that button being lit. Posted Image

Now, I did not get to see an image of the Decal that you were mentioning in your earlier message. But, my guess is that it was unable to skip directly to the "Camo Spec" screen, and so it refused to give an "Equip" for immediately using that item. You'll need to go to "MechLab > Camo Spec > Owned > Decal > All" in order to find and use it, provided some other bug didn't cause the system to fail in actually granting it to you. Posted Image

Oh, thank you! I have finally undestood that the problem is in equipping only, not with granting as I thought.
I have checked for the decal, I have it now.

Edited by MarsThunder, 22 April 2018 - 11:44 AM.

#34 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:39 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 April 2018 - 01:25 AM, said:

Running into the same problem here... However, this can be partially worked around by flatly pressing "Clear" on the particular Drop Deck when beginning to Edit, then pressing the "Show All" button on the top-left, and re-clicking your intended sorting options from what's displayed. I know it messes with your settings, but it was the only way I could find to break out of "Solaris 7" messing things up. PGI should fix this error in their Code like last week had not gone by yet... This one's rather awful. Posted Image

That's actually more intresting. Because I did that previously, and it persisted, the div selection dropbox was still there and filtering the mechs and you can only change that division select from Solaris mode but it won't go away on elsewhere..

But I did that previously two days ago when the bug was in effect. Now I went to test your suggestion and the div selection is no longer there on normal QP mech select screen or in dropdeck edit. I don't know if it has been fixed, because there hasn't been an update and I really doubt it could be caused or fixed by server code.

And I quickly tried to invoke it by going Solaris mode, selecting one div on the screen there, then going back to dropdeck screen and the div selection box is still not there and not filtering.

So either it has been fixed in some mysterious way, or the conditions to trigger the bug are little complicated and haven't been triggered yet on my current session.

Just to stress it out the screenshot below is two-three days ago and currently it seems to work. I will still try to trigger it.

(few mins later)
Actually I did manage to.

The bug is still in effect, trying to change to different mechs on Solaris 7 mode didn't seen to invoke it, but playing few games with different division mechs triggered it. And by doing that D V Devnull suggested didn't fix it. But somehow I also managed to clear off the div selection.I don't know. Doing from different screens to different screens seem to somehow clear it but the exact conditions seem to be difficult to pinpoint. Also I managed to trigger the bug while going trough different screens, without playing more Solaris 7 games.

Posted Image

#35 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:17 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 24 April 2018 - 02:39 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

That's actually more intresting. Because I did that previously, and it persisted, the div selection dropbox was still there and filtering the mechs and you can only change that division select from Solaris mode but it won't go away on elsewhere..

But I did that previously two days ago when the bug was in effect. Now I went to test your suggestion and the div selection is no longer there on normal QP mech select screen or in dropdeck edit. I don't know if it has been fixed, because there hasn't been an update and I really doubt it could be caused or fixed by server code.

And I quickly tried to invoke it by going Solaris mode, selecting one div on the screen there, then going back to dropdeck screen and the div selection box is still not there and not filtering.

So either it has been fixed in some mysterious way, or the conditions to trigger the bug are little complicated and haven't been triggered yet on my current session.

Just to stress it out the screenshot below is two-three days ago and currently it seems to work. I will still try to trigger it.

(few mins later)
Actually I did manage to.

The bug is still in effect, trying to change to different mechs on Solaris 7 mode didn't seen to invoke it, but playing few games with different division mechs triggered it. And by doing that D V Devnull suggested didn't fix it. But somehow I also managed to clear off the div selection.I don't know. Doing from different screens to different screens seem to somehow clear it but the exact conditions seem to be difficult to pinpoint. Also I managed to trigger the bug while going trough different screens, without playing more Solaris 7 games.

<<<image from https://i.imgur.com/ef8BUJE.jpg>>>

And I screwed up my wording slightly too. I should have said to begin Editing, but then immediately press "Clear" inside the Editor, followed by "Show All", then reset your Filters, and then set your Mechs. That was how I found to break immediately out of the problem. If it has stopped working, I guess I'll trip over the issue again too. :huh:

~D. V. "I really hope this still works..." Devnull

#36 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:37 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 24 April 2018 - 03:17 AM, said:

And I screwed up my wording slightly too. I should have said to begin Editing, but then immediately press "Clear" inside the Editor, followed by "Show All", then reset your Filters, and then set your Mechs. That was how I found to break immediately out of the problem. If it has stopped working, I guess I'll trip over the issue again too. Posted Image

~D. V. "I really hope this still works..." Devnull

Yes, acccording to this thread:
https://mwomercs.com...laris-division/

To fix it you need to use those filters outside of dropdeck selection in the normal QP mech selection screen, THEN it will be fixed in dropdeck selection. Trying to fix it directly on dropdeck selection screen didn't seen to work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users