45 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:49 PM

Jokingly, I'd say throw it in the scrap heap, but I'm really unsure what at all to really do with the limited hardpoints available.

I was considering this 3P build: Light 280 with 2 ER Large Lasers (or LPLs/ER PPCs) and 3 MGs, Ferro, Endo, Double, and possibly two jump jets. The engines seem to really lose their value after a 300 rating.

Possible alternate setups for the 3P could include 2 ER Large Lasers with a UAC/5. Given how squishy the Uziel is known to be, I think I'd want to keep my distance with any setup regardless.

For the 2S I was considering some high-mounted ballistics, possibly LB-5s or UAC/2s and shed whatever's in the arms, maybe mount some aux ER smalls. I'd think the goal with the mech would really be to try and get good trades so LB5's or AC5's might offer more poke.

Anyone got some joke builds to try as well?

#2 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:10 PM

What really hurts the free uziel is the poor quirks. They need to be scrapped and a generic set that bonuses any weapon added.

#3 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:40 PM

You could try having some fun with the jam chance quirk in Solaris division 7:

UAC10 UZL-3P(C)

Or if you want to go with a more 'imaginative' build:

Dual UAC10 UZL-3P(C)

Sure it's running an XL engine but I'm curious to see how it would do against a Vindicator 1X in an open arena like Steiner Coliseum.

#4 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:01 PM

Couple of odd Jager+Blackjack builds on Mechspecs I might try out like 3X AC/2 and duel UAC5s.

#5 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:13 AM

I prefer to keep champion mech buuilds as they are . I played with ER LL Uzi,s before , it works very well.

#6 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:24 AM

twin rac5 with 3tons of ammo, (half a ton of armor shaved from the head and arms) it's not smart but is fun and 1v1 in solaris i'd say it borders being a viable build Posted Image

edit - this build also includes an xl engine but in a 1v1 when a st is exposed with arms unlocked and using freelook the uziel can hide the exposed st while keep its racs on target

Edited by aardappelianen, 20 April 2018 - 01:28 AM.

#7 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:00 AM

Sold it without a thought.

#8 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

Had an LFE280 lying around so I'll try 2x LPPC, MRM10, 3x LMG on mine.

#9 Picard90

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:11 PM

I'm not sure how you do the attachments here. I wish I could show you my loadout on my free Uziel.

What I have is:

3x heavy machine guns / 3x ammo
2x snub-nose ppcs
1x ams / 1x ammo
1x double heat sink

That's it.

I am not much of a player. Just a beginner. But with this loadout, I'm able to get 6 kills / 12 deaths in 18 or 20 matches so far. Twice I got 2 kills in a match.

What I usually is use ppcs for long distance hit and run. As soon other mechs bunch up on enemy mech, I try to get behind or sideway to hit him with both ppcs (1 or 2 times only) then continuous machine gun fire.

I got few solo kills out of that loadout.

I don't know if that's due to luck or better use of firepower? The standard firepower before my loadout was 25/250. Now it's almost 50/250.

EDIT: I went back to mech bay and played with the loadout a bit. I now have:

3x heavy machine guns / 1x ammo
2x snub-nose ppcs
1x rocket launcher-15 (ammo built in)

the firepower for that loadout is now 72/250.

I'll test that on the battlefield.

Edited by Picard90, 20 April 2018 - 07:34 PM.

#10 KC_Fox

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

2 ER Medium Lasers, 2 RAC/2s, let the dakka sing.

#11 GX9900 Gundam X

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:36 PM

The Uziel's pretty ideal for poptarting outside of Solaris 7 actually. Dual PPCs and an SRM 6 or MRM10 to round it off, and 3-4 jumpjets is all you need.

As for Solaris, I like using 2 snubnose PPCs and 3 HMGs. It seems to be doing pretty well for me so far, especially considering the Uziel's pretty incredible agility when it comes to torso movement.

Edited by GX9900 Gundam X, 20 April 2018 - 08:37 PM.

#12 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

View PostMad Dog Morgan, on 19 April 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

I was considering this 3P build: Light 280 with 2 ER Large Lasers (or LPLs/ER PPCs) and 3 MGs, Ferro, Endo, Double, and possibly two jump jets. The engines seem to really lose their value after a 300 rating.

This really doesn't do anything well; not enough firepower at range, not enough firepower up close.

Possible alternate setups for the 3P could include 2 ER Large Lasers with a UAC/5. Given how squishy the Uziel is known to be, I think I'd want to keep my distance with any setup regardless.

Actually not that bad of a build for QP; I used a similar build on my 2S with some minor success.

For the 2S I was considering some high-mounted ballistics, possibly LB-5s or UAC/2s and shed whatever's in the arms, maybe mount some aux ER smalls. I'd think the goal with the mech would really be to try and get good trades so LB5's or AC5's might offer more poke.

I find the 2S works best with a single large ballistic, either a UAC10 or UAC20, maybe Gauss if you prefer that.

Back to 3P builds... for Solaris you really want high sustained DPS, and the Uziel 3P just isn't well suited for that.
I strongly advise against using RACs, but the mech is quirked for UACs so running some of those might be a good idea (although it can't fit a UAC20).
I also advise against running large energy weapons on it for Solaris; with only 2 hardpoints, energy builds are forced to use large laser or PPC type weapons, which simply aren't heat efficient enough to work well on a mech like the Uziel in Solaris.

So here's the best Solaris builds I can think of:
3x UAC2 (this mech is honestly too hot; can swap 1 or 2 tons of ammo for more heatsinks if needed)
2x UAC5 + 2x Medium Laser
2x LBX10 + 2x Medium Laser (swap the Mediums for Small Pulse if you like)
1x Gauss + 2x Medium Pulse (can downgrade the engine for jumpjets; you can also swap the Gauss for a UAC10)

Edited by Zergling, 22 April 2018 - 06:52 PM.

#13 SchwarzerPeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:01 AM

I play mine with 2x PPC, 1x MRM10, 3x LMG and 3 JJ with the Light 250 Engine.
The high mounted hardpoints are pretty decent for popartying.

#14 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:42 AM

Stock engine you got in the free one, 2 LPL, 3 MG (3t ammo), RL10, and max JJs.

#15 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:03 AM

Done mine with this load-out: light 250, 6 jj, 2 lmg, 2 medpulses and one RAC5

Doing quite enjoyable games and scores.

#16 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:28 AM

2xERPPC with 988 m optimal range + JJs + 3 MGs = fun (50 tons long range for FP Drop Deck)

or

4xML + 1xUAC10 + JJs + 100 kph = flying UAC10 !

But you are right, Uziels are really difficult chassis.

Edited by Bishop Six, 25 April 2018 - 08:29 AM.

#17 ClockworkDragon

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:01 AM

I ran a uac10+3 tons ammo, 2 light ppcs, 2 lmg's + 1/2 ton ammo. no jj. It worked decent as a mid range fire support mech.

#18 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

If I may chime in here (took me so long to finally get a chance to respond...).

The Uziel is not an easy mech to work with. I've revised my builds many times over the course of it's introduction (and I got it for preorder, so it's been a bit).

For Solaris, I have found that a triple AC2 and dual MLs seems to hold steady in the D7 arena. It's a tough fight, but it can crack armor and then the AC2s increased crit chances can really kick in. Runs comparatively cool. I think I have a light 225 engine in it... maybe even lower... It's slow, but I found in the arena, speed doesn't seem to be all that important.

I have contemplated a dual LBx10 with twin ML build. Originally had a dual AC10 build, but issues arised, otherwise known as "not enough damage" and "can't shoot". (Lately my FPS seems to have tanked... got to look into that... but then again the game now crashes on me several times within an hour since the new portal update...) Thinking the crit changes of the LBx combined with the extra damage from the MLs may place it back into standings. (Also note, this specific chassis had no skills... which was probably another part of my problem.)

For public live play in the QP venue, I use them as jump snipers, with light 250 engines. I have found dual PPCs (Heavy, normal, ER or Snubnosed all where acceptable choices) reasonable. I also found first real success in a Uziel with three LLs and an ERML, provided I was patient enough with it. Recently, I've been running an XL250 (slightly risky, to say the lease) an AC10, two LPPCs and two ERMLs. Been reasonably fun, with a 20 damage pin point alpha and 10 extra laser damage as needed. PPCs and AC10s really seem to pair up well.

If you want something more frontline, an UAC10 and some ERMLs worked reasonable. Could drop JJs (I wouldn't, but it's an option) and take MPLs instead or a larger engine.

I have been thinking about making a speed Uziel... but I doubt it would work well for me. But, I could end up being surprised.

#19 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:25 PM

I know the feeling. I have no clue what to do with it, either.

I tried out the Original build, felt it wasn't for me. Tried out Twin LBX5. Tried out Twin UAC5 with various combinations. Neither worked for me.

Once I actually have enough money again, I am planning to try out 2LPL, 3LMGs with 2 Tons of Ammo and 1MRM10 with 2 Tons of Ammo, no JJs. No idea whether that will work for me.

If I cannot find any config that works for me, I guess I will mothball it, same as my Cicada. Play it only on double exp weekends, because it is too painful to skill up otherwise.

#20 The Schwartz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:39 AM

I run mine @ 90kmh *forgot engine size* XL twin ERLL 3xLMG 5xJJ and targeting computer 6. Gives optimal range of 921m on ERLL. Normally get 450-500 dmg games with it. Skilled with 40 firepower 20ops and 9 in JJ's rest in survival. Makes it pretty easy to switch loadouts as well *switch Lazer duration with velocity if ERPPC*
Basically long range crit seeker which can disable the heavy guns from very far away... very niche but does okay, can run a bigger engine if you rip the JJ's off but then... to me, it's not making the most out of the chasis *little ocd on maximizing what a chasis can do* but would give you 9 extra SP to dump into survival... trade offs, anywho hope it helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users