Got Masc A Supply Got Masc Iii In A Supply Cache. What Cache. What Can I Do With It?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Disco Rat

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 17 posts
  • LocationZürich

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:54 AM

I just never saw this equipment on its own, not fixed in a mech. I can`t mount it to any of my mechs as it does not appear in the equipment tab of the loadout screen. Does anyone have a clue?

#2 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:03 AM

View PostDisco Rat, on 18 March 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

I just never saw this equipment on its own, not fixed in a mech. I can`t mount it to any of my mechs as it does not appear in the equipment tab of the loadout screen. Does anyone have a clue?

Certain IS mechs can equip MASC without it being fixed. I believe some Clan Battlemechs are technically capable of doing the same, though I'm not sure if any are actually in the game other than the Orion IIC hero. Usually, though, if a mech CAN equip MASC... it comes with a MASC when you buy it, so additional ones would be a waste. Essentially, you got gypped of an actual prize.

Edited by Verilligo, 18 March 2018 - 09:04 AM.

#3 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:05 AM

You can put it into "compatible" mech, like Wolverine
Check "MASC" column on mech list to find out all the variants those are able to equip it.

#4 Disco Rat

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 17 posts
  • LocationZürich

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:13 AM

Thank you. It is weird though.

#5 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:13 AM

choices, either sell it or keep it for a rainy day.

If you plan on getting the wolverine which can handle macs or the Cataphact, it might be worth holding onto as I don't know if they come with one mounted on the mech or not.

#6 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:04 AM

I think all of the MASC capable mechs come with MASC. So it's really stupid that they put that in there. Probably best to sell it.

#7 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:06 PM

IS MASC isn't really worth it. Just not enough tonnage available to make it worthwhile without compromising the mech. Sell it.

#8 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:39 AM

Everyone else is right. MASC comes stock on every 'Mech currently able to equip it, so "winning" one in a loot box is worth exactly as many cbills as you'll get from selling the component (unless you sold the MASC that came with your 'Mech for some odd reason). Furthermore, unlike engines or other equipmet, MASC is not interchangeable across every variant that can carry it- a 'Mech which comes stock with MASC III cannot use a MASC II or MASC IV, for example; it can only equip MASC III. So, there's no real reason to have a spare lying around if you already have it equipped, and there's no reason to have one at all if you don't have a variant capable of mounting it.

#9 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:08 PM

You guys who won a MASC III are lucky, I won a CLAN MASC III. The only mech this will fit on is the Orion hero "Skoll".
I have mailed support regarding this & I'm waiting to hear back. (hint hint PGI)
If you win Clan MASC please also email support to 'encourage' them to remove this junk from the supply cache system.

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

View PostVan mw, on 18 March 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

You can put it into "compatible" mech, like Wolverine
Check "MASC" column on mech list to find out all the variants those are able to equip it.

that list just goes to show how few mechs are masc compatible.

i wonder if you can stick an mk3 in a mech that normally carries a mk4 and vise versa that might be interesting, but i dont think thats possible.

#11 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:23 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 20 April 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

that list just goes to show how few mechs are masc compatible.

i wonder if you can stick an mk3 in a mech that normally carries a mk4 and vise versa that might be interesting, but i dont think thats possible.

Well, PGI seem to think that the Clan MASC will work in the Wolverine, that is what I was told in a reply from support when I asked which mech, other than the Skoll that the Clan MASCIII I won would fit in. LOL!! Well done PGI.

#12 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

Wow that truly is a sticky whicket. I say sell it.

#13 Ih8nixon

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:11 PM

I think I win this one. I just got a Clan Masc Mk. II in my last supply cache. As far as I know no Mechs can equip it and you can't even buy it.

#14 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:22 PM

View PostIh8nixon, on 21 April 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

I think I win this one. I just got a Clan Masc Mk. II in my last supply cache. As far as I know no Mechs can equip it and you can't even buy it.

Good point I do not recall seeing this before.

#15 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:20 AM

View PostIh8nixon, on 21 April 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

Please email support. Maybe they will remove these from the cache system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users