24 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

Mech_Con 2018 is officially a 2-day event this year, scheduled for
December 1st and 2nd 2018!

The location is going to be at the Vancouver Convention Centre!
In a venue 3 times the size of last year!

This year, our 2-day event will be family friendly which means there will be no age restrictions.
However, there will still be a
designated licensed area for alcoholic drinks for guests of the age +19.

Keep an eye out for MechCon 2018's official webpage coming in May, which will include tickets and all the details about the event!

Check out MechCon 2017 photo gallery

#2 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

Everyone and his uncle had the date down as 8/9 of december. What happened? Was the venue booked for this date already? Will this affect the MW5 release date?

#3 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

View PostFallGuy0815, on 20 April 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Everyone and his uncle had the date down as 8/9 of december. What happened? Was the venue booked for this date already? Will this affect the MW5 release date?

That is why we made this post to correct the information that everyone and their uncle had.
The venue was available for 1/2 and 7/8. However, there was a large international sporting event in Vancouver driving up Hotel prices on 7/8.
Mech_Con has no correlation to a MW5 release date - you can be assured that MW5 will be present and playable at Mech_Con

#4 AzureRathalos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

*Throwing money at the screen* When can I buy tickets?

#5 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:23 PM

Doesnt really matter anyways. i doubt this game will make it much longer. FP was already hurting then you add a single player or 2 player mode to it. And you have IS mechs so overpowered now and Tanky. Wont you just make FP IS vs IS and delete all clan mechs. Since everyone stays on the IS side for the easy mode MRMs After 8 years of playing this game i am seriously thinking of deleting it and all that precious money I have put into it. Have a nice day.

Edited by ArtiSeth, 20 April 2018 - 04:27 PM.

#6 Le Bum

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:08 PM

View PostArtiSeth, on 20 April 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

Doesnt really matter anyways. i doubt this game will make it much longer. FP was already hurting then you add a single player or 2 player mode to it. And you have IS mechs so overpowered now and Tanky. Wont you just make FP IS vs IS and delete all clan mechs. Since everyone stays on the IS side for the easy mode MRMs After 8 years of playing this game i am seriously thinking of deleting it and all that precious money I have put into it. Have a nice day.

See ya in 6 months.

Also looking forward to MechCon :)

#7 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:13 PM

People have been crying "this game is dieing!" and "This game is dead" for about... how long has this game been out now?

It isn't dead yet, so I doubt it's going to die any time soon. Despite you nay sayers.

#8 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

Yup game is dead and dying because of the 10% that play fw...
*cough*

Hey OP any word on when we'll be able to buy the $10 tourney supporter packs?
And any chance the 1st year supporters retroactively getting a decal like last years 2017? :)

#9 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:31 PM

Make sure you uninstall completely and follow this advice:

#10 _Pickle_

• PipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

Awesome news! I'm glad you shared this info so we can start planning.
However, I have one question...

View PostMatt Newman, on 20 April 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

Mech_Con has no correlation to a MW5 release date - you can be assured that MW5 will be present and playable at Mech_Con

Does this mean that there will not be a MW5 release party as part of either day 1 or 2 of Mech_Con 2018? Has the release date of MW5 been moved?

#11 tripcat1021

• Pip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUS - Kentucky

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

Always one Jack-Leg out there... wow. What a Jack-Wagon.

#12 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

View PostNeeda Pickle, on 20 April 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

Awesome news! I'm glad you shared this info so we can start planning.
However, I have one question...

Does this mean that there will not be a MW5 release party as part of either day 1 or 2 of Mech_Con 2018? Has the release date of MW5 been moved?

No. You heard the man. These two events are totally not related. MechCon will be on 1/2, the release party will be on 8/9 but the game will be available before MechCon. Simple, eh?

On a more serious note Matt: I specifically asked because Russ announced that MW5 would be release on MechCon with a release party on the S7 NGNGTV-Stream. So "These events are not related, nothing to see here, move along" seems strange. My 2c: Better release a complete game a week late than a rushed one a week early. Anyways - i am looking forward to it :-)

#13 Lux Aeterna

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:16 PM

BRING BACK THE MECH PODS!

#14 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:10 PM

Jesus Christ cry us a bloody river mate.

I'm definitely coming along this year. Thanks for the dates, makes getting airfares much cheaper.

Edited by Stonefalcon, 22 April 2018 - 04:12 PM.

#15 Violent Blue

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:50 AM

I can't wait! See you there

#16 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:19 AM

Easy mode MRMs? Next thing it'll be RAC'a or something else. Personally, I went OS loyalist for easy mode light ppcs

#17 Rook CY

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

Second on the Tourney Support pack! No regrets for the last one, but tons of regret not picking up that BA one from 2016 though! Feel free to re-use that horn! *Throws money* Please?!

<unrelated.
IS gets competitive *years* after Clan, and now a poor, poor, years-winning Clanner gets whiny about MRMs. Tell ya what bro, as an IS enthusiast, when I can pack 10 SRMs, a dozen MGs, or 3-shot an Assault with Lasers, then you can come to me about MRMs. You toxic naysayers are the bane of an otherwise-great community.

And yes I'm aware I've got a Nova Cat patch up ATM; this is the one week in three months the unit wanted to go Clan.

#18 Dinochrome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 164 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca.

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

Hailz Mechwarriors:

Have to give this convention some thought, got family in Washington state. might be a good twofer trip, visit relatives and Mechcon. As for Artiseth there must be at least two or three other threads you can post "the game is dying" rather than here.

V/R Dinochrome

#19 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:51 PM

View Postccrider, on 24 April 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Easy mode MRMs? Next thing it'll be RAC'a or something else. Personally, I went OS loyalist for easy mode light ppcs

you know, technically, none of those are actually "easy mode" weapons if your opponent knows how to maneuver worth a damn. key with dealing with opponents using them is making them constantly have to adjust their aim. RACs and MRMs do a lot less damage if you don't take the brunt of the stream. as for LPPCs, they're essentially Ammo-less AC/5s with higher heat, not exactly a broken weapon system either.

it's not so much that IS stuff is overpowered currently, it's just that Clanners can't adapt to deal with the new weapons. it's probably BECAUSE they were outperforming us for as long as they have that it's taking so long. they just expect to be able to facetank RACs or MRMs because they expect their massive amount of firepower a Dire Wolf or Kodiak could load out to get through IS Mechs first.

also, for the guy whining about faction play and Solaris, Solaris has always been seen as something important, as a lot of our playerbase grew up with MW4, and remember Duncan Fisher fondly. additionally, PGI has straight out said they're refocusing back on FW once Solaris was out.

#20 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:50 PM

Hey Guys sorry about that post a few days ago i was letting my nephew play my game for awhile a few months ago but he managed to trash my name in the game by chatting alot in game. i banned him from that but he somehow got into my online profile. I have been playing this game for over 7 years and im not stopping now. All passwords have been re changed and if he does it again I will be forced to Alpha his butt <o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users