assaults vs others

21 replies to this topic

#21 Naitrael

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:31 AM

I find the KGC AC builds are only viable, if high ground is gained, which can be prevented by being faster. All the Weapons are in the low arms, which doesn't fare well against high-mounted weapons. King Crabs also have huge side torsos, losing one means halving the firepower.
In some of my matches in this Division, I had a Bushie with 2xRAC5s and shredded said KGC AC builds because of positioning, movement and votebanning Boreal, because every other map makes it rather easy to navigate 100 tonners.

I think, it's pretty straightforward, as you see the enemy weapon loadout in the beginning and can plan your engagement accordingly.

If they just hug a wall, you gotta play psychobrawler, get near them, make them aware that you are there and just wait 90 seconds before repeatedly attacking them. Most people can not keep discipline, position or strategy, when under pressure and the 5 minute mark seems to crack some people's patience.

There may be some kind of meta, like in every other game, but there are also metabreakers, and those don't always come in form of vehicle or weapon.

#22 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

View Postcalmdawn, on 22 April 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

Maybe we need just 1 division for Solaris:
you take any mech and face an enemy according to his skills and mech quality.

If you are low skilled player but you have an assault - you are allowed to face super pro in a light mech.

In this case, skills should compensate tonnage and overall mech quality, leaving only one division.

Except even a half decent light pilot can rip an Assault to shreds rather easily in 1v1 combat, simply due to the vast difference in agility. The Assault will never get a shot, even if he's a super pro, simply due to the limitations of his platform(can't turn/rotate fast enough to hit the Light).

I guess this is a good argument for various 'Mechs being disallowed from hiding in corners though, since all an Assault has to do to win in that situation is to do so, since the Light won't be able to get behind them at that point.

Edited by Throe, 23 April 2018 - 10:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users