56 replies to this topic

#21 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMorgantown, West Virginia

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:34 PM

Ive played several of you and have noticed the Annihilator is around a lot. The small mechs are getting much better at totally ripping the Anni apart. My biggest issues are you Quickdraw pilots and the ability to shoot and scoot so fast. Keeping your back to a wall is pretty much pointless, and the AC2 fire isnt killing you unless you make a mistake. I just lost 4 in a row to a Quickdraw, whos only able to hit my legs, I think he puts missiles into my torsos just to spread the love. Mechs do not need nerfed. Pilots adjust skills to fight whats on the field. A mech that didnt see a lot of play before, the Quickdraw is now starting be a royal pain in Solaris. The Direwolf UV has been pretty good at stopping an Anni at range. The 2 extra guns generally help. Ive noticed good Arctic Wolf Pilots use the same tactics the Quickdraw uses. The other pilots out there are adapting to the field. And thats keeping it competitive. These are my observations and opinions only though. Anyhow ya'll Have fun and see ya in solaris somewhere.

#22 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:10 AM

And which "small" 'Mechs would that be? Apart from the IV 4 which is easily countered using seismic and keeping a level head. It should be noted that both of your "counters" are hero 'Mechs... See where this is going?

Edited by RickySpanish, 27 April 2018 - 04:11 AM.

#23 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:00 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 June 2022 - 09:49 AM.

#24 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

Before the fight i was always sure i d loose, but i have won against annihilators surprisingly often. Most of the time i was in my mad cat with UAC 20ies ans SRM6es and some Heat Mmt above 1,80, the mech equipped and skilled specifically for Solaris.

I feel its easiest to kill them when they have RACs, most scary ones are AC2 and UAC2 builds.

#25 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:20 AM

Theres a reason the Arctic Wolf is also in Div 1 - more people should run it and you will surely see alot of cry posts about acw being op and assaults shouldnt be matched up against such a little speedy devil...

Edited by B3R3ND, 30 April 2018 - 03:21 AM.

#26 Shypa

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:07 AM

View PostB3R3ND, on 30 April 2018 - 03:20 AM, said:

Theres a reason the Arctic Wolf is also in Div 1 - more people should run it and you will surely see alot of cry posts about acw being op and assaults shouldnt be matched up against such a little speedy devil...

RIGHT !

The divisions should be ruled by mechs weight. Not by a wierd random idea of ... who ever did this.

The only reason i can see to mix up the divisions that much is to ensure to have at least a match. ( like in QuickPlay - Play light to shorten wait time )

But what they have created now is a pool 4 pilots who choose assault to get easy wins.

Divisons should be like:

Div1 100-80 tons
Div2 90-70 tons
Div3 80-60 tons
Div4 65-45 tons
Div5 60-30 tons
Div6 35-20 tons
Div7 FFA

#27 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:34 AM

[deleted by user]

#28 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

Well I think its no surprise that the Anni is dominating, Clan design with IS tech. thing is that with Solaris7 the issues are that all Mechs are allowed. Mechs are precious and to allow some jewel to be part of some sporting event doesn't make sense. I do know that this first season of S7 is a test and I'm willing to wait those 3 months.

#29 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:37 PM

[deleted by user]

#30 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

Throe,
Its just the lore guy rambling, but that aside I still think that Solaris should have less divisions, a specific selection of under performing Mechs and than shuffle it around after the season. The Anni with those armor quirks proves it has no place in S7, its a war machine, fire magnet or bringer of pain. The Anni is at the wrong spot in S7, like many other Mechs.

Edited by TheLuc, 02 May 2018 - 11:08 PM.

#31 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:50 AM

I have an Annihilator but also have no problem beating them with my mauler. MRM's and MG's are deadly to an ANI

#32 D34DMetal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin a Mad Cat duh...

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

Yeah, Anni's are touch cookies. I've had the most success using an ACW-1 and showering the legs with missiles. Also saw a huntsman today with ATMs, seems like that might work well too.

#33 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:40 PM

getting way more difficult to win against annihilators now as i moved up the leaderboard. whenever i face an ac2 anh its almost certain death.

Won against an ac2 anh recently witch my mcII-b, 2 uac10 and 2 erppc. You double tap and got a 60 alphastrike, so you can out-dps the 6 ac2 builds somehow and twist away and cool down again. Still get wrecked most of the time though.

#34 D34DMetal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin a Mad Cat duh...

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:06 PM

Have also had success against DPS Anni's with a Sleipnir running 2xHGauss and 3xERML.

#35 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:14 PM

PROBLEM IS THE MAPS MORE THAN THE MECHS.... if we had 1 more "short range" map without long firing lanes then 6xAC2 Annis would be in trouble... as it is the experienced Anni player can always get 1 of the 3 long-range maps (jungle, steiner, snow map).

#36 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:49 AM

As long as you aren't in an assault too...

In Liao go behind the big block asap. Annis are to slow to get you in their line of sight before you reach the cover and you are then pretty much in the middle of the map. From there you can close in quite well.

Steiner, stay low at the outside ring of the map or go from block to block. You will get some hits but should keep you save enough.

Davion...you can barely go the middle line between the two "hills" but yah if you get that mape against a ranged Anni...gg

#37 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:14 AM

There is a clear anti meta (Annihilator) mech for division 1 and a person that uses it in the top 10. Re check the top ten in division 1.

#38 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostGaussfather, on 20 May 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

PROBLEM IS THE MAPS MORE THAN THE MECHS.... if we had 1 more "short range" map without long firing lanes then 6xAC2 Annis would be in trouble... as it is the experienced Anni player can always get 1 of the 3 long-range maps (jungle, steiner, snow map).

Are you drunk? If you spawn a brawler, you only need to vote out Steiner and Borealis and your set. Jungle is not a long range map!

Edited by Mainhunter, 30 May 2018 - 07:18 AM.

#39 ethr000

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:31 PM

As a DW-UV pilot I have never lost a match to anything but a ANH. I have also never been able to bring down any ANH. Going on about 50-60 matches this month.

#40 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:50 AM

View Postethr000, on 23 June 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

As a DW-UV pilot I have never lost a match to anything but a ANH. I have also never been able to bring down any ANH. Going on about 50-60 matches this month.

Mirrors my experience with the UV. I lost two matches in a row to a much more Solaris experienced Huntsman pilot (had pushing 200 matches) that went for my legs. Could have won though (I shot poorly) and did beat him a couple days later. No complaints, he had to play much better and work harder to pull that off.

Otherwise I've lost to a MKII "Scorch" build I misplayed the map (beat those soundly the rest of the time), an UV mirror match...and AC boat Annihilators. I *have* killed the LBX10 version and the Heavy Gauss version but the 2A with six pinpoint cannons is a mismatch. His torso spreads damage better, can take more hits period and he can also carry 6xAC5 slug guns, while the Clans have split shots with those.

The power gap is large.

Edited by SmokedJag, 24 June 2018 - 05:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users