Annihilators Rules Solaris 7

Annihilators Rules Solaris 7

56 replies to this topic

#41 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:58 PM

Annihilators can be defeated using the arctic wolf regularly. Even if they stick in a corner it is 50/50 for them. I wish there was a way to flush them out of corners though. You cant beat ANH with the assaults there is your problem. you need a high alpha strike medium. But the whole "park your 100 tonner in a corner" thing can be fixed by remaking particular areas on S7 maps. Which i think should be done.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 24 June 2018 - 01:00 PM.

#42 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:19 AM

And same problem is in other divs. 6B KCrab in div2, And on lesser degree, 4B Kcrab div3, Jager-DD div 4, 4B -Rifleman on Div5. This mode really needs capture zone because of corner huggers.

#43 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:37 AM

View Postlazorbeamz, on 24 June 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

Annihilators can be defeated using the arctic wolf regularly. Even if they stick in a corner it is 50/50 for them. I wish there was a way to flush them out of corners though. You cant beat ANH with the assaults there is your problem. you need a high alpha strike medium. But the whole "park your 100 tonner in a corner" thing can be fixed by remaking particular areas on S7 maps. Which i think should be done.

Most of the time they can be, but the best Anni pilots will by now know the spots that make wolves come to them and put them at a disadvantage. I like seeing other wolves out there finally.

#44 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 26 June 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

Most of the time they can be, but the best Anni pilots will by now know the spots that make wolves come to them and put them at a disadvantage. I like seeing other wolves out there finally.

There are spots like that on Steiner, Boreal and mech factory. Those i know of. I d like to try a division 2 ACW-PRIME and see if those jump jets help any. Skilling it.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 26 June 2018 - 01:32 PM.

#45 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:53 PM

View Postlazorbeamz, on 26 June 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

There are spots like that on Steiner, Boreal and mech factory. Those i know of. I d like to try a division 2 ACW-PRIME and see if those jump jets help any. Skilling it.

I play division 1 rarely but the same thing is an issue in division 4 with the Jagers. If the player actually has some balls and will come out and fight the matches go about 50 50 if I am fighting someone who has a higher W/L then I do. But if the person hides in the same place I just can't close the difference quick enough.

#46 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:17 PM

View PostRed-Mattila, on 26 June 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

I play division 1 rarely but the same thing is an issue in division 4 with the Jagers. If the player actually has some balls and will come out and fight the matches go about 50 50 if I am fighting someone who has a higher W/L then I do. But if the person hides in the same place I just can't close the difference quick enough.

You take srm assassin and alpha strike them. Using poptarts or running from cover to cover. And ban appropriate maps. Just stay out of sight and only deal your alpha. Their alphas are smaller because you do like 32 damage and they do like 10-12 with their ac2. They usually load a LOT of cannons and have really low speeds so they cant really do anything about you staying out of sight and only showing yourself for 1 shot. If he is in the open you probably need to circle around them and leg them. You need that mobility tree levelled, it will help already insane mobility on that asn21. Just leave out those three pitch nodes in the middle you dont need them.

I think it was you who plays lb40 hunchback? This thing is too slow to challenge the jagers and you wont out dps them when they catch you.

But i understand that you cant ban all the maps which have such spots.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 26 June 2018 - 09:39 PM.

#47 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:42 PM

View Postlazorbeamz, on 26 June 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

You take srm assassin and alpha strike them. Using poptarts or running from cover to cover. And ban appropriate maps. Just stay out of sight and only deal your alpha. Their alphas are smaller because you do like 32 damage and they do like 10-12 with their ac2. They usually load a LOT of cannons and have really low speeds so they cant really do anything about you staying out of sight and only showing yourself for 1 shot.

But i understand that you cant ban all the maps which have such spots.

My problem with that is i'm not the best srm hit and run pilot and the mech i am using can pretty much take every non Jager I run into without any issues. I have no problem with Jagers that are dumb and actually move around also. I actually have nothing against the Jager itself, my problem is having maps that allow a larger heavier opponent (in any division) to sit in a corner or hug a back wall and have a very large open field of fire where an opponent can't get close.

#48 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

View PostRed-Mattila, on 26 June 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

My problem with that is i'm not the best srm hit and run pilot and the mech i am using can pretty much take every non Jager I run into without any issues. I have no problem with Jagers that are dumb and actually move around also. I actually have nothing against the Jager itself, my problem is having maps that allow a larger heavier opponent (in any division) to sit in a corner or hug a back wall and have a very large open field of fire where an opponent can't get close.

Yes if you play your lb40 hunchback you take out everyone but the jagers kill you sometimes. If you play srm hit and run you have a 50/50 or better chance to take out the jagers but auto lose to an lb40. So the choice is up to you. However i think you can climb the ladder faster if you defeat jagers which are plentiful.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 26 June 2018 - 09:45 PM.

#49 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:54 AM

View Postlazorbeamz, on 26 June 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

The 2 is almost as good as the 1 but haven't tried the Omnis yet.

As far as spots go where Annis can hide they are on almost every level except caves. But that is usually the first map voted off because they know that.

#50 Ober Affengeil

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBlackjack School of Conflict, Jade Falcon Invasion Corridor

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

Lots of whining in here. Get some skill. Mauler's with 6 AC/2 on machine gun mode will take it down. Scorch Marauders will. Ban the right maps, shoot a shoulder off. It's pretty simple.

#51 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:09 AM

View PostOberfuhrer, on 27 June 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Lots of whining in here. Get some skill. Mauler's with 6 AC/2 on machine gun mode will take it down. Scorch Marauders will. Ban the right maps, shoot a shoulder off. It's pretty simple.

If that were even remotely true, both of those 'Mechs would be clogging up the top rankings. Guess what? They're not. The only reason my Scorch isn't in the top 500 is specifically because it cannot win more than half of its matches against Annihilators. Any other 'Mech is toast, but Annihilators have their torsos so well packed in that it's impossible to blow one out without hitting other parts of the 'Mech. The rest is simple math - an Annihilator will put out more continuous damage than the Scorch, and the Scorch cannot twist to shield its own torso. I dunno about the Mauler, but considering that a) I have never seen one and B) you are already extraordinarily wrong about the Scorch I'm just going to assume that the rest of what you said was also complete bollocks.

#52 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

View PostOberfuhrer, on 27 June 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

The ANH can do 6 AC2's as well, with significantly better armor and hitboxes. A mauler will straight up die to that. Scorch will suffer a similar fate.

#53 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:15 PM

My Annihilator got it's *** kick by a high alpha Mad Cak MKII it's far from the king. Problem is Div 1 is so exclusive, only a handful of high alpha builds rule it unless you have mad skills.

#54 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:48 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 30 June 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

My Annihilator got it's *** kick by a high alpha Mad Cak MKII it's far from the king. Problem is Div 1 is so exclusive, only a handful of high alpha builds rule it unless you have mad skills.

It is definitely and undeniably the best 'Mech in division 1. Getting yours smashed in by a MC2 (my Scorch has never lost to one of those, btw, but it will only beat an Ani if the pilot is terrible) doesn't mean much in the face of the evidence presented by the leader board. The Annihilator is overwhelmingly represented, calling it King is actually a little incorrect - it's more like the God Emperor of Solaris 7.

#55 Red Salmon

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:59 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 01 July 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

It is definitely and undeniably the best 'Mech in division 1. Getting yours smashed in by a MC2 (my Scorch has never lost to one of those, btw, but it will only beat an Ani if the pilot is terrible) doesn't mean much in the face of the evidence presented by the leader board. The Annihilator is overwhelmingly represented, calling it King is actually a little incorrect - it's more like the God Emperor of Solaris 7.

The Jager would be the King of Solaris after the God Annihilator. So sick of seeing both of them.

#56 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:31 PM

Well something to keep in mind, unless I'm mistaken, is that the Annihilator had its quirks adjusted in a recent patch. No idea how significant that was, so some of those top ranked players may not stay so high up if they returned to the game now. With that said, fighting an Ani is still basically nightmare fuel. The one chink in its armour is that the head location is super obvious, so you could always go for a headshot if your opponent falls asleep at the wheel.

Edited by RickySpanish, 01 July 2018 - 03:32 PM.

#57 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 30 June 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

How is that even possible?

A proper ANN build will out-range any high-alpha MKII build... So I think I know where the issue is

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users