3 replies to this topic

#1 AquaRex

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:03 PM

Hi!

I'm not entirely sure if this is already possible or not, but as far as I know, it isn't.
If it is, please enlighten me!

I have a Special variant of the Supernova mech, that I have skilled up and that I really enjoy using, however I did some tweaking with the default pattern from a regular supernova variant and I loved the outcome.

What I want, is the ability to remove the pattern from the Special variant, and use the pattern that comes with the regular mech variant so I can apply colours to the same areas without having to apply a pattern that doesn't quite work with the colours I wanted.

tl:dr: I want to remove the special / hero pattern and get the same look as a regular variant mech.

#2 Snegtag

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRochester NY

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

The current pattern is shown in the center- hexagon I think. To the right there is a smaller one that will restore the default pattern you'll have to do the colors separately --hope that helps

#3 AquaRex

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

Sorry if I was unclear in my original post, what I mean, is that I want the Special / Hero variants to have the pattern that the regular variants (Non Special / Hero ) has. So essentially, this: Posted Image

To turn into this:

Posted Image

The first picture is the Special Variant, the second is a regular variant without colours applied.

However, I seem to be unable to get the Special Variant to get this colour scheme due to the Special Pattern being the "default" pattern for that mech, and there is no pattern like this available to select.

I want my special variant mech to look like my regular variant mech:
Posted Image

Edited by AquaRex, 23 April 2018 - 01:45 PM.

#4 Snegtag

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRochester NY

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

So the "basic" pattern divides the mech into 3 zones and you can add color to each--like 3 yellows. However this basic pattern is not one you can pick from the pattern menu unless its the default on a standard mech. I'm thinking you can't do what you want . I don't ever remember some one asking for the option to put the 3 zone basic pattern on a mech. But it might be nice if you could.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users