Hot-Fix Scheduled For 26-Apr-2018

92 replies to this topic

#21 Brakkar

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:20 AM

What about matchmaking system in Solaris?
Right now there is none, as far as I know.
At least not functional.
Everyone can play anyone, based on nothing.
Doesn't matter fi someone is in a light or assault, doesn't matter what rating you have, you can be completely fresh and gree and meet with someone with over 250 wins in that division - happened to me a few times.
But what matters most is the bad weight matchmaking.
Lights should be fighting light and medium, mediums should fight lights, medium and some heavies, heavies should fight some mediums and all heavies, assaults should fight some heavies and assaults.
And not that I am dropping with Maddog and I am getting a Kodiak 3 as opponent.
Is this working as intended in your opinion?

#22 Warschnuffel

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMünster

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:30 AM

Nice! Thank you very much! That was a major concern of mine and you actually acted way faster then i thought you would! Loading Times are such a big impact in userfriendliness! :) It's my birthday present! :D Thx!

#23 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:33 AM

PGI, this HotFix seemed perfect to me, until I read this...

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 25 April 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

- The Map banning timer phase has been reduced to 5 seconds instead of 10 for Solaris matches.

...because it takes people time to decide what Maps they don't want to play on, just as it takes time to decide which maps that people want to play on. The current Pre-HotFix Time of 10 seconds has barely been enough time to decide in my case, and I have constantly felt like 15 seconds would have been better. Anything less is going to result in a lot of missed Map Banning Turns for me, and likely a lot of other people will have trouble with this change as well. Please do NOT decrease the allowed choice time?!?!? :(

~Mr. D. V. "When one can not choose where choice is given, particularly due to lack of time, only discontent can arise." Devnull

#24 Axys Rageborn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:34 AM

Best hot fix ever!! The only beef I had with this game is load times and now its gonna be halved I'm super stoked!!

Cheers PGI for listening and doing something about it.

#25 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:53 AM

View PostLordLosh, on 25 April 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

Thank you for another quick patch. I think these short/quick patches will be more necessary as further improvements are still needed to be made to make Solairs7 thrive.
  • Mech division re-arrangements need to happen SOON. NOT in 2 months....
  • Nerfs need to happen on Annihilator. at least for Solaris 7 mode
  • rematches of the exact same person over and over again. *more a population issue, that could get better if 1st two bullet points are addressed

Abosolutely NO nerf or buffs for ANY mech based off of solaris mode. No. That is a slippery slope and it ends BADLY. If it gets nerfed then nerf it cause it absolutely needs it.....not because of solaris.

#26 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:10 AM

Very awesome guys!
I wish more developers were as receptive to player feedback. (Don't even get me started on Blizzard's WoW team)

One question for you though: Would it be possible to extend the Fafnir/S7 event a little tiny bit since the servers will be down today? I just got the Fafnir and I was planning on grinding out the event challenge, but that's going to be difficult if the servers are down.

#27 laio scotsman

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:22 AM

So, if you're nerfing the Street Cleaner like this, can I get a refund on this XL 210? I bought it for the SC because I needed it with that 4th E hardpoint. If it had been a 3 E from the start I would have gotten the Light 210 and not wasted 3.4mil C-bills on an engine that's not usable on anything else, nor even desirable on this mech after the change.

#28 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:11 AM

Jesus Christ!

Is it christmas?!

Honestly, i'm very impressed of that reaction time and these right conclusions!

That's the way to make MWO great again!

Thank you very much o7

#29 MORKEL

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:40 AM

awesome hotfix, great notes, thank you so much for this upcoming hotvix!!! woot. :)

#30 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:24 AM

does the bolt-on-toggle do what I think it does?
if so - awesomesauce :)

#31 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

Let us all hope that this Hotfix won´t need another hotfix for itself. ;)

#32 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:53 AM

No words if text chat in Solaris will be fixed. We should be able to chat while Duncan talks...

#33 MurghSharduk

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

Excellent!

But:
a) Leave my Urbie aloooone!
B) Finally fix LB2 and LB5 chainfire sound effects.

#34 Warschnuffel

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMünster

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

View PostMcHoshi, on 26 April 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

Let us all hope that this Hotfix won´t need another hotfix for itself. Posted Image

Even if ... as long as they work on those real issues, i can live with some problems down the way :)

#35 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:50 AM

To make things clear. They didn't nerf the Street Cleaner. It was always advertised as having 3 energy points. They're correcting a mistake.

Though really it makes me wonder if they're being made aware of what the modeling team is doing since they drastically nerfed the Banshee by repositioning hard points lower on the mech. But we don't even get any warning of it in the patch notes. And the devs won't grace us with a why on Banshee hard point changes.

#36 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 26 April 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

I wish more developers were as receptive to player feedback. (Don't even get me started on Blizzard's WoW team)

Are we two playing the same game, from the same developer??? I play MWO, developed from PGI. What do you play?

Some examples:

Community does NOT want 3rd Person View -> PGI introduces 3rd Person View

Community wants immersive CW -> PGI introduces an ATOMIC BOMB that kills ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING.

Community wants ATOMIC BOMB to be removed -> PGI makes small changes that are not enough and FINALLY reacts after ONE YEAR.

NOBODY asked for a new mini map -> PGI introduces a new mini map, and TOTALLY screws everything

Community does not want events, that depend on sheer luck factor, like make a victory on therra therma (at that time you where not able to vote for maps)

-> PGI makes constantly events that depend on sheer luck factor. (at this time).

I hope I convinced you. Otherwise I could probably go on for days. Maybe with the help of some forum-members.

Edited by tee5, 26 April 2018 - 10:03 AM.

#37 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:25 AM

Didn't realize the street cleaner was only supposed to have 3 energy.

Sucks... its fun with 4.

#38 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:36 AM

View PostBrakkar, on 26 April 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

And not that I am dropping with Maddog and I am getting a Kodiak 3 as opponent.
Is this working as intended in your opinion?

Not sure if trolling or not, but if you are serious, here is the division list. Your Maddog is in div2 and will get any other mech from div2 as opponent. This is intended, but divisons may be adjusted in two months

https://mwomercs.com/s7-mech-divisions

#39 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

Great hot fix. Please add manual refresh button to Friends List in a future patch since it doesn't show people exiting the game. May be a front end bug.

#40 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:04 PM

View Posttee5, on 26 April 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

Are we two playing the same game, from the same developer??? I play MWO, developed from PGI. What do you play?
Ah yes, let's start this conversation off with an adversarial tone.
Like I put in my example, this developer (PGI) is listening to the community and making changes/adjustments. They've come a long way from a couple of years ago, and I'm glad they have Matt working on community events and listening to players.
Comparatively;look at Blizzard and their wonderful level scaling that also arbitrarily tripled all mob HP, reduced dungeon XP, reduced heirloom stats, killed the RAF bonus, and a number of other scummy things to force people to buy level boosts. There is a thread that has almost 2,000 responses as of this posting, with 98 PAGES of responses... and not a word. Instead the developer responds to fluff posts about "what would your character's theme song be".

Some examples:

Community does NOT want 3rd Person View -> PGI introduces 3rd Person View
Right off the bat I would have to argue that you do not represent the community.
I'm fine with a 3rd person view, it's how I played MW4 online. The only thing I don't like is that the drone has a blinking red light. I'm fine with there being a visible drone to indicate a player, but a blinking red light that can be seen across the map? PGI: If I were a MechWarrior I would put some duct tape or electrical tape over that.

Community wants immersive CW -> PGI introduces an ATOMIC BOMB that kills ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING.
I will agree that CW was a disappointment. I'm also hoping that they've learned some lessons and that they are going to revisit this after they've gotten Solaris out of their system.

Community wants ATOMIC BOMB to be removed -> PGI makes small changes that are not enough and FINALLY reacts after ONE YEAR.

NOBODY asked for a new mini map -> PGI introduces a new mini map, and TOTALLY screws everything
Again, you're attempting to speak for everyone. I'm fine with the new mini-map, I actually prefer it to the old one... I can get a LOT more information at a glance.

Community does not want events, that depend on sheer luck factor, like make a victory on therra therma (at that time you where not able to vote for maps)
Again, you don't speak for the community. My only problem with events back in the day is that they were only focused on Kills and so you had a bunch of people raging about kill stealing, it was toxic and fostered a poisonous community. I used to absolutely hate events and didn't want to have anything to do with them. Then PGI started engaging with their community and we were able to talk directly to staff (Matt) about what we wanted to see and lo and behold we were actually seeing it in the game! That's insane, direct conversations with the staff that change the game.

-> PGI makes constantly events that depend on sheer luck factor. (at this time).
I'm going to argue this. I think they've done a pretty good job varying the objectives and goals. They've encouraged me to step outside of my comfort zone (mediums and heavies) a number of times for lights and assaults and to do things other than kill the enemy team. It actually inspired me to make a build series on YouTube that focuses on fun and diverse builds that aren't just more of the "meta".

I hope I convinced you. Otherwise I could probably go on for days. Maybe with the help of some forum-members.
I know PGI hasn't put out a perfect product like The Witcher 3 or something. However, I think for a smaller studio they've been able to do some pretty awesome stuff. Have they over-reached, over-promised? Have they had negative interactions with their community, yes... several come to mind that I can name off the top of my head. However, I think they are honestly trying to turn it around.

Edited by Grayson Sortek, 26 April 2018 - 12:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users