#41 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 26 April 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

PGI, this HotFix seemed perfect to me, until I read this...

...because it takes people time to decide what Maps they don't want to play on, just as it takes time to decide which maps that people want to play on. The current Pre-HotFix Time of 10 seconds has barely been enough time to decide in my case, and I have constantly felt like 15 seconds would have been better. Anything less is going to result in a lot of missed Map Banning Turns for me, and likely a lot of other people will have trouble with this change as well. Please do NOT decrease the allowed choice time?!?!? Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "When one can not choose where choice is given, particularly due to lack of time, only discontent can arise." Devnull

I think it comes with familiarity with your mech and the maps. I know which maps I want before I drop so it really doesn't take much thought, but it might for others.

How about for the first ban you get 10 seconds each and for the second you get 5? Because once its down to 2-3 maps 20 seconds (10 seconds each) drags on.

If there were more than 5 maps and you have to process in your mind which ones to ban, it would be a different story.

Also, there are the everpresent "non selectors" that will just drag out the banning process... mayhaps it would be advisable to have a "oh you didn't pick your banned map the first time in 10 seconds, we aren't going to wait for you to drag this out on your second ban"... and again, you get 5 seconds for your second ban... or less...

Edited by MovinTarget, 26 April 2018 - 12:37 PM.

#42 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:39 PM

Other Fixes:

- The Urbanmech UM-SC left arm energy hard points have been corrected to 3 instead of 4.

Way to bury the headline. Posted Image

-paws

#43 Brakkar

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:59 PM

View PostFallGuy0815, on 26 April 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

Not sure if trolling or not, but if you are serious, here is the division list. Your Maddog is in div2 and will get any other mech from div2 as opponent. This is intended, but divisons may be adjusted in two months

https://mwomercs.com/s7-mech-divisions

I am not sure if your head works correctly, but that is 40 tonns of difference in armor and weapons.
Does it seem as unfair advantage to you?
No?
Really?

#44 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

Brakker...... look at some of the leaders in Div2. there are at least 3 good pilots I know that run Maddog with great success and straight up pound 40-ton difference mechs with them. I do see your point its only 1-2 builds with that is viable but that can be said with every mech. THERE is no perfect Division for all mechs. Some will be left out unplayed no matter what.

#45 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

So how's the hotfix? Did it do the trick?

#46 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:10 PM

You know what would be extra awesome on top of this awesomeness?

If the store could be sorted by IS or Clan...

And if the mech select screen listed the mech's tonnage as a small icon in one of the corners of the thumbnail of each mech, the same way 'XPx2' and 'SP' appear.

#47 LesleySchultze

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUK, Devon

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

PGI solving all the issues at last!
Many thanks, keep up the good work.
MW5 looks sweet too!

#48 Guy Humual

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

I'm still pretty new to the game, but I'm not seeing what make the Street Cleaner hero mech viable at this point? It's got less weapon hard points than every other Urbanmech save one, and that has missile slots. It was on par to some of the other urbanmechs but now, unless I'm missing something, it's definitively worse.

#49 speedy mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

View PostGuy Humual, on 26 April 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

I'm still pretty new to the game, but I'm not seeing what make the Street Cleaner hero mech viable at this point? It's got less weapon hard points than every other Urbanmech save one, and that has missile slots. It was on par to some of the other urbanmechs but now, unless I'm missing something, it's definitively worse.

I gotta say I did miss this small part too but after looking closer this urbie has a engine cap of 210 vs 180 for all others. Now if its worth it or not I have no idea but there's the difference.

Edited by speedy mechanic, 26 April 2018 - 03:26 PM.

#50 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:36 PM

View Posttee5, on 26 April 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

Are we two playing the same game, from the same developer??? I play MWO, developed from PGI. What do you play?

Some examples:

Community does NOT want 3rd Person View -> PGI introduces 3rd Person View

Community wants immersive CW -> PGI introduces an ATOMIC BOMB that kills ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING.

Community wants ATOMIC BOMB to be removed -> PGI makes small changes that are not enough and FINALLY reacts after ONE YEAR.

NOBODY asked for a new mini map -> PGI introduces a new mini map, and TOTALLY screws everything

Community does not want events, that depend on sheer luck factor, like make a victory on therra therma (at that time you where not able to vote for maps)

-> PGI makes constantly events that depend on sheer luck factor. (at this time).

I hope I convinced you. Otherwise I could probably go on for days. Maybe with the help of some forum-members.

you know, just because you didn't want something doesn't mean the community didn't want it. you aren't the community.

#51 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

View PostLordLosh, on 26 April 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

Brakker...... look at some of the leaders in Div2. there are at least 3 good pilots I know that run Maddog with great success and straight up pound 40-ton difference mechs with them. I do see your point its only 1-2 builds with that is viable but that can be said with every mech. THERE is no perfect Division for all mechs. Some will be left out unplayed no matter what.

actually, it's more the fact Solaris has better PILOTs, the mechs mean jack diddly. fact is, a good pilot is going to kick your sorry butt no matter what you're in, regardless of how much of a weight advantage you think you have.

case in point, I did a solaris match at MechCon last year, and took a stock Yen-lo vs a Timber Wolf. 25 ton advantage for him, and I took him down in five shots and barely had my armor scratched, simply for the fact that I outlclassed him as a PILOT, not that my mech was better than his. I've had my Yen-lo beaten the crap out of by Timberwolves before. it's always been the pilot that matters, not the Mech.

#52 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

View Postspeedy mechanic, on 26 April 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

I gotta say I did miss this small part too but after looking closer this urbie has a engine cap of 210 vs 180 for all others. Now if its worth it or not I have no idea but there's the difference.

also, to be honest, an Urbie's viable because the thing is a Heavy Mech in a light mech's body. I ran my SC with two Meds and a RAC/5 on River City with a stock engine, and I watched that little sucker take fire that woulda put down mechs over twice its weight. The Urbie Variants period are viable because they're good at what they do. might not be fast, but they're incredibly well armed and armored for their size, something they have in common with Panthers.

#53 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Previously returning from solaris game after clicking "exit game", about 50+ seconds. Now down to 22 seconds. Double plus good. I have not timed other loading times, this was the most critical one.

About map banning being faster, well it will take little time to get adjusted to 5 seconds, but I think it's enough.

You play it enough, you start knowing and desiding fast what mech you want to take which map. In combat we lose or win by desisions that have to be made in less than a second. So all it takes is little bit time to get used to faster pace, keep it pls as it fits well to this loading time improvement.

#54 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 26 April 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

you know, just because you didn't want something doesn't mean the community didn't want it. you aren't the community.

Even PGI, said they would never put in 3rd Person View. Because PGI said they wanted to produce an mechwarrior simulation, and 3rd Person View would not fit with this idea of an simulation. Posted Image

Please show me the pages and pages of forum sites, that demanded that the ATOMIC BOMB should stay in the game. You can't. Fact is, majority of the players didn't liked ATOMIC BOMB.

Arkhangel don't make a fool of yourself, in trying to claim that everybody loved the ATOMIC BOMB alias LONG TOM:

@ Arkhangel you are in the second video 0:55 min.

So yes I can proudly say, that most of the players, the most = the community, did NOT like ATOMIC BOMB alias LONG TOM.

Edited by tee5, 26 April 2018 - 05:38 PM.

#55 TAPAH 483-K

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

Goodbye my perfect urbie
https://mwo.smurfy-n...e232c6673006225
i never forgive you.

#56 Guy Humual

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:17 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 26 April 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

also, to be honest, an Urbie's viable because the thing is a Heavy Mech in a light mech's body. I ran my SC with two Meds and a RAC/5 on River City with a stock engine, and I watched that little sucker take fire that woulda put down mechs over twice its weight. The Urbie Variants period are viable because they're good at what they do. might not be fast, but they're incredibly well armed and armored for their size, something they have in common with Panthers.

Well there's other Urbies that can do this that don't cost real world money. A higher engine cap doesn't seem at all useful. If I wanted to go fast I'd use my locust.

#57 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

View PostGuy Humual, on 26 April 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Well there's other Urbies that can do this that don't cost real world money. A higher engine cap doesn't seem at all useful. If I wanted to go fast I'd use my locust.

Locust doesn't get that sweet, sweet super tanky chasis though.

RIP The Street Sweeper.
RIP The Street Cleaner.
I think another rename is in order chaps, Street Beater? Gonna need to figure out a new build for this guy now.

#58 Guy Humual

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

View PostJaspbo1, on 26 April 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

Locust doesn't get that sweet, sweet super tanky chasis though.

RIP The Street Sweeper.
RIP The Street Cleaner.
I think another rename is in order chaps, Street Beater? Gonna need to figure out a new build for this guy now.

True, but the locust is usually harder to hit. I've found thus far my survivability is better in a locust than an Urbie. Having jump jets is nice, being tanky is nice, but my LCT-1E is faster and has more energy hard points and so I've done more damage in my locust as well. I don't have the +30% bonus on my locust though, but given the cost of upgrading the urbie I'm not sure it's made much money as of yet.

#59 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:59 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 25 April 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

- The Map banning timer phase has been reduced to 5 seconds instead of 10 for Solaris matches. ...

I have a ping near 300 to NA servers and when it loads I see the countdown starting from 8 or 7,

so I think it better the first ban to be 15 seconds, and all subsequent - 5 seconds.

#60 SuperMCDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:46 AM

I'm having crashes and other issues, post patch.

Anyone else having problems?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users