2 Vs. 2 Empty Queues

15 replies to this topic

#1 ActionCal

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

Now, I really haven't tried polling all hours of the day, but I have noticed that population in the 2 vs. 2 divisions are nearly zero. They mostly say 0 in queue, rarely see 1.

I get that 2 vs. 2 is a bit niche, but what else might be the cause of this? Do you think popularity with this game mode will increase with time?

Will there be attempts to make smaller buckets (reduce number of divisions) or something?

I was really looking forward to it; I was so excited to play on a team with my brother, dialling down tactics on a small scale.

#2 Bleh

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:04 PM

I feel the same way, Really enjoyed 2v2 with a friend it can get very frantic and exciting. But like you trying to get a game can be a real chore, I did make a suggestion on how to improve the matchmaker in a suggestion thread, but its gotten pretty much zero traction: https://mwomercs.com...especially-2v2/

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:41 PM

Thats because most people don't play 2v2.
My friend I startet playing with is now playing Battletech so I do the Han.

#4 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:15 AM

Ill tell you why people don't play 2v2. On Div 1 2 3 (the ones I played most solo and duets) ,people tend to camp the base with long range ballistics which aren't affected by any map and they execute the average Solaris nostalgic player that came with a medium /brawler build to fight honorably. When you see that circus happening time after time you quit. I stoped fighting new players with 0 matches just to give them the joy of winning one match, cause it would be impossible on this meta circus for them to see a victory.

#5 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:57 AM

As hard as it is to beat a solid pilot with your potato mech in 1v1, its so much harder to beat 2 solid COMMUNICATING pilots who utilize a coordinated team strategy. 2v2's cleared out real quick.

#6 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:43 PM

99% of friends list is playing battletech :P

#7 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:27 PM

And that has itzs reasons. Its new and its pretty good...also it overdoes it a bit with the heatshoots ^_^

#8 NNQM

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:54 AM

Some players (like me) just do not have any friends to participate in a 2x2 match. Why not auto-fill teams with random players like in quick play?

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:38 AM

How about a 2v2 Subforum where people can find others to play with?

For example leave a short playercard there with:
- Name
- Division you want to play in
- Playstyle (Fun, Meta, Competetive)
- Timezone and when you mostly play
- SSR (because matches are made only counting the highst SSR IIRC and you don't wnat to be to different)
- Type of communication TS / Discord / ingame chat....

Maybe that way people could find each other.

Else I would also vote for haveing the option to be paired with someone random.

#10 ActionCal

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

Okay so it seems like many people say it is low due to Battletech release coinciding, that can make sense.
Others really dislike Solaris for metagaming.
So then Solaris needs time and a lot of rebalancing. Although, I thought the Elo rating thing would do that.

1 vs. 1 looked like it was still popping off, which is odd, because I would think that 2 vs. 2 is more interesting as there are waaaay more tactical options available.

Ah, well, thanks for the input, folks.

View PostAlexandros, on 27 April 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

[...] people tend to camp the base with long range ballistics which aren't affected by any map [...]

As a side note, I would figure that the maps are small, so long range would be inefficient, as medium/short range mechs can just cover hop right up and start dancing around in close range.

#11 TheMightySpin

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 75 posts
  • LocationYour moms house

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

Div 1 is ruled by duel heavy Gauss. Div 2 is ruled by Atlas and Kodiak, Div 3 is the King Crab; point is that it took all of 1 week for S7 to get meta'ed to death regardless of 1v1 or 2v2. People don't want to play when they just keep seeing the same mech (or even just the same players) every game.

This kind of Meta spamming is what helped lead to the failure of Faction Play.

On a secondary note, there IS always LFG to find a partner for 2v's

Edited by TheMightySpin, 29 April 2018 - 02:48 PM.

#12 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:26 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 June 2022 - 09:45 AM.

#13 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

View PostTheMightySpin, on 29 April 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Div 1 is ruled by duel heavy Gauss. Div 2 is ruled by Atlas and Kodiak, Div 3 is the King Crab; point is that it took all of 1 week for S7 to get meta'ed to death regardless of 1v1 or 2v2. People don't want to play when they just keep seeing the same mech (or even just the same players) every game.

This kind of Meta spamming is what helped lead to the failure of Faction Play.

On a secondary note, there IS always LFG to find a partner for 2v's

Half the things you said didn't make sense.

#14 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

Maybe its because were all jumping from div to div looking for someone to play? Haha. Someone has to sit in q :P

#15 Shadfly

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:15 AM

Really would like to see something done about this, if anything can be done.

S7 was getting me back into MWO. Being able to sit down and play several games in the time it takes for one normal QP, with a much bigger say personally in whether I win or lose, is a huge difference for me. I adored Scouting with it's 4v4 format - but even a four man team can be hard to assemble on the wrong night. 2v2 is just about the perfect format for me to enjoy the game.

Too bad the queues are always empty! Weeknights, weekend afternoons and evenings, I can't find any teams online. Just really want to be able to play 2v2, but apparently *nobody* else is. I actually thought there was an issue with the matchmaking for a while before I googled it and found people haven't been able to get a game of 2v2 since S7 launched!

Money's on the table for Piranha if they want to figure this out, I'm itching to play more but the game unfortunately won't let me. Very disappointing. Still a little while left before the next game comes out and we're all gone for good! ;)

#16 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:48 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 June 2022 - 09:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users