Mechbays

11 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Murdoch

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:15 AM

So you have to buy mechs THEN you have to buy permission to use them?

This is a bit out of control...

#2 oO JimPansen Oo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHerzberg / Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:13 AM

You first have to buy a machbay ingame or in the store here. If you don`t own an empty bay you cannot buy a mech.

Edited by oO JimPansen Oo, 29 April 2018 - 08:13 AM.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:15 PM

View PostJason Murdoch, on 29 April 2018 - 06:15 AM, said:

No. You have to first have an open mechbay to buy a new mech from the in-game store.

#4 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

[removed by user]

Edited by Throe, 05 October 2023 - 11:10 AM.

#5 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:38 PM

View PostJason Murdoch, on 29 April 2018 - 06:15 AM, said:

Ingame money you get for winning and losing games is not real money , so you dont "buy" mechs . There is a dozen or so trial mechs to play with and they dont need mechbays .

Rephrase , you cannot have 50 gagillion mechs to customize and paint as you like
at once if you are an FTP gamer . If you want a new fancy mech and you have no space sell one of your mechs . Life is just that easy .

You start with 4 free mechbays . If you hop between houses and clans till rank 2 you can score 13 free mechbays . After that if you stick to one house or clan you score a couple more . If you played 100 games in a year you get 1 free mechbay loyalty reward . PGI has lots of game events where mechbays and mc to buy mechbays are up for grabs during the year

Even if you choose to never give
PGI one cent you will get lots of "permission to use your mechs" options over time.

#6 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

There are also different events through the year where PGI has mech bays as rewards. Some are grab bags, loyalty rewards each year or specific events to earn a mech bay, then faction play you can earn more bays. Then when they give a free mech it comes with a mech bay. There are also sales for mech bays a few times a year at 50% off and I normally grab a few bays then for MC along with only buying MC with 20% more or with a some other type of reward like a hero mech and mech bay or maybe just a mech bay depending on how much you buy.

I have hundreds of mechs and I know that I got at least 30 free and some more with free mechs.

Just think for $100 buy 30,000 MC then only by stuff on sale like at 50% off. That is more than double the money.

1250 MC is 6.95 about 180 MC per dollar -- a mech bat at full price here is $1.67
25000 MC is about 250 MC per dollar

With 20% more they are
1500 @ 6.95 is about 215 MC per dollar
30,000 MC at 99.95 is about 300 MC per dollar.

Then only buy on sale at 50% off
6.95 of mc is about 430 MC per dollar
99.95 of MC is about 600 MC per dollar. --- so a mech bay here is 50 cents

The nice part is PGI also gives out MC and I have earned thousands of MC just by completing tasks and then you can buy Mech bays at 50 % off for free.

#7 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

Just to add to what Barkem Squirrel wrote, events with free mechs include a mech bay.
Not sure if the revised supply cache gives free mech bays but before the big Solaris update the supply caches gave a chance.
As for buying MC sometimes theirs free mechbays and free mechs just for purchasing MC.
There are events like the current event that give free MC. (MAY DAYS! DAILY QUICK PLAY CHALLENGES)
Faction play has a rank system that gives out free bays and stuff too.

#8 KC_Fox

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

How much does a mechbay cost? 50 MC? or 500?

#9 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

View PostAce Heart, on 04 May 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

How much does a mechbay cost? 50 MC? or 500?

Neither, 300 MC is the cost of a mechbay. Mechbays do go on sale every now and then, 150 MC is common.

#10 KC_Fox

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

View PostSilentScreamer, on 04 May 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Neither, 300 MC is the cost of a mechbay. Mechbays do go on sale every now and then, 150 MC is common.

Thanks! Nice to know I was completely wrong xD But even just the May Days events should lead to making at least 300 MC if I am counting right.

#11 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

View PostAce Heart, on 05 May 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

Thanks! Nice to know I was completely wrong xD But even just the May Days events should lead to making at least 300 MC if I am counting right.

600 MC from the Try Hard day alone.

#12 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:30 AM

Definitely worth keeping an eye on events to get the MC for more bays. And checking the announcement section for sales. You can get by in this game without spending much. Provided you're willing to grind for it. But if you feel like spending, sales are the best way to get the most bang for your buck. And if you buy some MC and then a sale goes up the next day. Provided you didn't spend it, support is usually willing to refund it so you can get in on the sale.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users