So Who Is Still Playing Solaris? Why Or Why Not?

Gameplay

102 replies to this topic

#101 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

Still Doing DIV 6 off and on.

Would play more, but the mech I built is kind of hard mode if the other player knows thy hitboxes.

#102 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 04 May 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

First few days I played maybe a half dozen matches with a friend in 2v2. It was far more fun than I thought it would be. Really enjoyed it. Since last Saturday however, I have been unable to find matches, in any division, in the few instances we have tried.

I had no intention of playing Solaris solo but given the lack of population the last few days (which I believe is a result of Battletech’s launch) I have given it a go. Gotta admit, it is far more fun than I expected it to be. Over all though I find group queue play to be a lot more fun than either Solaris mode. Solaris, is to me nothing more than a filler. That said, it too is difficult to find matches in, even in prime time.

So yes, I will still attempt to play the Solaris modes but only if/when the group queue population is lacking, but unfortunately quite often of late the overall population is so low that I can’t even get a match in Solaris. Assuming the population returns to nominal levels after the novelty of Battletech wears thin, I doubt I will play Solaris at all because I will be back to playing my regular group queue fellows.
RJBass3 & Nuttyrat twitch stream a 'Happy Hour' show on Fridays and since the inception of Solaris, they typically break up their quick play group and everyone moves into Solaris, and we have a pretty good time doing it.

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 May 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

I was pleasantly surprised with Solaris. The fundamental issues are still there - it's a potato farm and inevitably everyone who isn't really good at it will get ground out of it. We may already be at that point. However the setting, voice acting, maps, map voting, the UI, I really enjoyed all of it.

In my experience Solaris is mostly about the 'mech build you bring and how well you utilize it. If you bring a high dps, pin point damage build then you just have to pay attention to what your opponent brought and act accordingly. It's surprising the number of players that that haven't realized this.

Absolutely Solaris has it's own "meta", and the only thing that detracts from it in my mind are the number of leg hunting gits out there.

After all, the 'Lore' point of Solaris is to entertain an audience, sitting there endlessly shooting (or attempting to in a lot of cases) the legs off opponents would make you a lame pilot to watch.

The afore mentioned 'Happy Hour' show with RJBass3 and Nuttyrat typically plays by a 'gentleman's agreement' of "No Legs".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users