So Who Is Still Playing Solaris? Why Or Why Not?

Gameplay

102 replies to this topic

#61 0bama care

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:41 AM

What's Solaris? There's tons of 1v1,2v2 in QP, and no issues with drops for me

#62 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:08 AM

View PostImperius, on 04 May 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

Personally didn’t touch it and don’t ever plan do do so. I think it’s implementation was a mistake. The new user experience and MWO’s core foundation needs to be rebuilt before we keep adding features to old dead engine.
Solaris is good fun.
That you haven't touched it means you don't really know what it's like.

Over 36,000 active players is hardly a dead game.

#63 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:24 AM

View PostOvion, on 24 May 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

Solaris is good fun.
That you haven't touched it means you don't really know what it's like.

Over 36,000 active players is hardly a dead game.

36,000 people are NOT playing Solaris.. far from it....

#64 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:31 AM

View PostEnsaine, on 24 May 2018 - 05:24 AM, said:

36,000 people are NOT playing Solaris.. far from it....
No, but I didn't say that - Imperius said MWO was a dead game. It's far from it with that many players.

Plus, on top of that the last 2 months have seen a surge in average daily numbers instead of a drop as predicted with the release of HBS Battletech.

Edited by Ovion, 24 May 2018 - 05:35 AM.

#65 SpessMarine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:19 AM

I appreciated it as a change of pace from the other modes. Increasing the match timer to 3 minutes totally killed my desire to play Solaris though.

#66 D34DMetal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin a Mad Cat duh...

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:35 AM

I stopped playing since the stealth change to the Solaris lobby match timer. Before that I liked having quick matches, but now waiting 2 minutes plus to find a match is just annoying. Would play it more if the timer went back down.

#67 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:03 AM

I second lowering the timer and I think Solaris is great. Solaris and Community Warfare add a lot to the game instead of just Deathmatch variations. Hard to find a team for 2v2 though.

#68 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:08 AM

I quit playing it because I've been experiencing a lot of freezes/crashes with it since I had to reinstall the game due to some computer issues. If it weren't for that I would still play it.

#69 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:40 AM

My current experience with Solaris7.

Me: Man, I want to play some Solaris7. Could use some more bolt on caches! Let's do it. 1 person in Div 6 queue. Ok, let's do this.

Proceed to either win because of enemy **** reg, or lose because of my **** reg.

Lol, missiles and bullets explode on enemy mech, enemy mech shakes, zero damage, good ****!

Queue drops to 0 players in queue. Wait for 5 minutes. **** this, back to quick play.

Edited by Mortalcoil, 24 May 2018 - 07:41 AM.

#70 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

Y'know what's kinda raining on my parade? Some of the Mechs I played shifted Divisions - which is perfectly fair - but my score reset to whatever I had in that Division. Call me a dirty Cheeser for using a PHX in Div6, for example, but now I find myself in Div5 at 1500 SSR because I never played that Div. I get matched with players that play Solaris for the first time, apparently, and I'm not finding these matches to be particularly enjoyable.

/edit:
Also, unless im Division hopping, I will at times wait longer for an S7 match to pop up than I'd wait for a QP match. That's slightly irritating.

Edited by Luminis, 24 May 2018 - 07:43 AM.

#71 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

View PostDeadMetal89, on 24 May 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

I stopped playing since the stealth change to the Solaris lobby match timer. Before that I liked having quick matches, but now waiting 2 minutes plus to find a match is just annoying. Would play it more if the timer went back down.

People can go back and forth about the Solaris lobby match timer increase, but it was definitely not a stealth change. People all over the forums were talking about it when the patch hit.

Edited by Mortalcoil, 24 May 2018 - 08:02 AM.

#72 LordBraxton

• The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:53 AM

I played two matches in a Zeus cause it was such low tier.

Smoked a raven, who brought rocket pods and was expecting someone small he could one-shot armor off and then machine gun down I think?

Then fought a jager. We face hugged. I had a UAC10 and 3ASRM6s and 3Medpulse. My AC and MPLs were doing damage, but my ASRM6s seemed to do nothing. 3 of them, fired point blank range, a few times in a row... Maybe I just suck without my Clan crutch, but it felt like the hit-reg was broken in a way that quickplay is not. Oh well, back to clan lasers in the QP queue.

#73 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:04 AM

I haven't even touched it.

#74 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

View PostLordBraxton, on 24 May 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

I played two matches in a Zeus cause it was such low tier.

Smoked a raven, who brought rocket pods and was expecting someone small he could one-shot armor off and then machine gun down I think?

Then fought a jager. We face hugged. I had a UAC10 and 3ASRM6s and 3Medpulse. My AC and MPLs were doing damage, but my ASRM6s seemed to do nothing. 3 of them, fired point blank range, a few times in a row... Maybe I just suck without my Clan crutch, but it felt like the hit-reg was broken in a way that quickplay is not. Oh well, back to clan lasers in the QP queue.

hitreg is broken in quick play, everything is so chaotic and when 3 other mechs are shooting the same mech you are you don't notice it, but yeah, as I said earlier, one of the biggest problems in Solaris 7 is hitreg is broken and in Div6, where almost all of the mechs are SRM brawlers with maybe a large gun, the person that loses tends to have the most hitreg misses.

It's ridiculous. I fire at a mech. The missiles and bullets explode on a mech. The mech shakes, and it does 0 damage.

#75 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:34 AM

Grinding up Div 7 rank 10 lootcrate. I will succeed.

#76 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

Still play it every now an then just for the fun of some quick matches. Kinda prefere it over solo Q.

#77 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

Clickwincrabs™ are boring. Have they restructured the divisions yet?

Edited by Mister Blastman, 24 May 2018 - 10:12 AM.

#78 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

-- Tried some matches and either beat up somebody or got beaten up without a chance of retalitation. -->> BOOOORING

-- Loading and searching times are still 3x longer than the match times. -->>BOOOOOOOOORING

-- Issues with bugs and hitreg that makes matches more random than the dice roll in TT--Battletech.

--> so the real question is...why should I play it ?

#79 rawasch

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

I still find it fun but they need to add serious changes to the queue in order for it to stay attractive. Cutting back down the timer will not be enough. Most important would be the ability to queue for multiple divisions at the same time.

#80 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

Rather go back to some unfair unit than play Solaris 1v1 or 2v2, not my thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users