#41 Kanjejou

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

View PostKhobai, on 06 May 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

RAC2 needs more dps

RAC2 and RAC5 both need less heat

Also I think they should get rid of random jamming. Make RACs jam automatically when they reach the end of their bar. But also increase the duration they can fire before reaching the end of the bar.

That way youre always rewarded for using RACs responsibly and not jamming them up. Instead of being rewarded or punished randomly by the RNG gods.

ok but make jamming truly painfull then, if you tried to squease a bit more damages and jammed well maybe you shoudl have been more carefull boy, the actual jamming time is short, its just tha spin up is so long that unjamming feel faster

Edited by Kanjejou, 06 May 2018 - 12:47 PM.

#42 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:31 AM

View PostRocket2Uranus, on 04 May 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Honestly RACs are good as they are. They need spin up time to adjust for the burst damage the have. Heats up to avoid them spamming it non stop.

If anything I think they should have more recoil/shake when fired. The longer you shoot the more shake there should be.

Not really IMO.In reality the spinning barrels add a gyro stabilisation effect making Gatling guns more accurate. I'd just like the spin-up time on the Rac5's reduced a tad or even removed or initial projectiles incorporated in the slower RoF/RpM during the spin-up.

#43 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:37 AM

Nice Necro, Dauntless.

#44 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:05 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 16 March 2020 - 12:37 AM, said:

Nice Necro, Dauntless.

I know but I've been trying to make Rac5's work on a KGC for months and I've given up on them, they now exist on none of my mech's except a single one on a mixed build Atlas. Rac2's work, good but 5's are too slow to spin-up and too hot to fire and move at the same time. The Rac5's damage doesn't seem to register either compared to other ballistics.

The blinding effect is pretty nasty too.

It's my only complaint in the game right now outside of wishing we had Procedurally Generated maps.
Oh and "shotgun pattern" Snubnose PPC's.

#45 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:30 AM

I used a RAC 2 + 5 shadowhawk for a while and it worked. I switched to 3 RAC 2s on it but it wasn't as good. It did more damage on paper, but in practice gave up too much speed, agility and jump jet range to make good use of them.

#46 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:43 AM

View PostDauntless Blint, on 18 March 2020 - 11:05 AM, said:

I know but I've been trying to make Rac5's work on a KGC for months and I've given up on them, they now exist on none of my mech's except a single one on a mixed build Atlas. Rac2's work, good but 5's are too slow to spin-up and too hot to fire and move at the same time. The Rac5's damage doesn't seem to register either compared to other ballistics.

The blinding effect is pretty nasty too.

It's my only complaint in the game right now outside of wishing we had Procedurally Generated maps.
Oh and "shotgun pattern" Snubnose PPC's.

Two RAC/5 can fit on a MAD-5M with STD 300 engine with some room to spare. Marauders (of both varieties) require less torso-twisting than humanoid mechs which helps with hitscan weapons like RACs. Also most Marauders carry ballistics in a hunch which helps with hill peeking. You will need to protect that hunch though. Procedurally generated maps... maybe in FP along with premade Siege maps, since that mode is for coordinated groups anyway. Shotgun pattern PPC - already implemented with the Clan one, it spreads damage, but you still have to hit the target somewhere.

#47 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:08 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 18 March 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:

Two RAC/5 can fit on a MAD-5M with STD 300 engine with some room to spare. Marauders (of both varieties) require less torso-twisting than humanoid mechs which helps with hitscan weapons like RACs. Also most Marauders carry ballistics in a hunch which helps with hill peeking. You will need to protect that hunch though. Procedurally generated maps... maybe in FP along with premade Siege maps, since that mode is for coordinated groups anyway. Shotgun pattern PPC - already implemented with the Clan one, it spreads damage, but you still have to hit the target somewhere.

Rotary Autocannons are not hitscan weapons like lasers, they are projectile weapons.You'd be better off using a MAD-3R with any RAC setup (either 3x RAC2, or 2x RAC5) due to the facetime necessary to do worthwhile damage. The MAD-3R has twice the structural quirks than the other 75-ton Marauders, which also translates to even more when skill tree structural nodes are used. The MAD-3R also has better quirks for PPCs if you intend on using those.

#48 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:38 PM

Sniper probably meant "facetime" not "hitscan". Also, keep in mind you have to lead more with a RAC5 compared to a RAC2 due to projectile speed differences.

#49 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:09 AM

View PostGen Lee, on 18 March 2020 - 03:08 PM, said:

Rotary Autocannons are not hitscan weapons like lasers, they are projectile weapons.You'd be better off using a MAD-3R with any RAC setup (either 3x RAC2, or 2x RAC5) due to the facetime necessary to do worthwhile damage. The MAD-3R has twice the structural quirks than the other 75-ton Marauders, which also translates to even more when skill tree structural nodes are used. The MAD-3R also has better quirks for PPCs if you intend on using those.

Yeah, not hitscan per se, but you get the idea. Called 5M because of more energy slots and JJ, but forgot about quirks. Too used to Clan tech, I guess...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users