Time For Introducing The Marauder 2 (Is) ?

93 replies to this topic

#81 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

What actually makes me very angry is this:
Posted Image
https://postimg.cc/SYMnMXJq/4c430797

Really, max 360?!

This is on all variants...

We KNOW mad II can use 400 rated engine

Posted Image

#82 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:07 PM

View PostNimoStar, on 16 January 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

What actually makes me very angry is this:
Posted Image
https://postimg.cc/SYMnMXJq/4c430797

Really, max 360?!

This is on all variants...

We KNOW mad II can use 400 rated engine

Posted Image

Due note that the Marauder II C isn't even in the pack, and that one is a Wolf Dragoon Special using clan tech. There are several mechs in game that have different engine caps the Marauder IIc, and Hellfire to name a couple.

#83 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:38 PM

Yes but there was another a canonical hero the Bounty Hunter with also a 400 xl engine and we didn't got that one either.

All the variants have 360 cap which is a huge missed opportunity since clan already have the kodiak with 400 cap 100-tonner and the IS has none.

#84 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

View PostNimoStar, on 16 January 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

Yes but there was another a canonical hero the Bounty Hunter with also a 400 xl engine and we didn't got that one either.

All the variants have 360 cap which is a huge missed opportunity since clan already have the kodiak with 400 cap 100-tonner and the IS has none.

Read it again, Standard Engine with no listing of rating on the MAD II BH.

"This version is built with Clan technology similar to the Marauder II C. It uses a standard Fusion Engine with sixteen tons of Ferro Fibrous armor and Endo Steel internal structure. It is armed with an ER PPC and two Medium Pulse Lasers in each arm. A Gauss Rifle sits in the right torso with two tons of ammunition, and a Targeting Computer is in the left torso for increased accuracy. It has a Clan-tech CASE system to protect the Gauss Rifle, and can jump 90 meters at a time. BV (1.0) = 3,305 BV (2.0) = 3,767"

Edited by Shadowomega1, 16 January 2019 - 07:50 PM.

#85 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

it says the version is similar to the one that uses xl400 so that should be its max rating.

Anyways, from a game design perspective, IS has already a lot of firepower and armor focused assaults. it would be a variation to have a more mobility-focused assault, like Clans have the KODIAK - Spirit Bear (WITH xl400 AND MASC) and Executioner (with 4 JJ and MASC at 95 tons)

What does IS have? . . .

#86 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:05 PM

View PostNimoStar, on 16 January 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

it says the version is similar to the one that uses xl400 so that should be its max rating.

Anyways, from a game design perspective, IS has already a lot of firepower and armor focused assaults. it would be a variation to have a more mobility-focused assault, like Clans have the KODIAK - Spirit Bear (WITH xl400 AND MASC) and Executioner (with 4 JJ and MASC at 95 tons)

What does IS have? . . .

Similar doesn't equal same. As for XL 400 Assault mechs most clan pilots reduce the engine rating in their Battletechs to take more firepower. As for the Omnimechs how often do you seen an Executioner (380 XL) or Gargoyle (400XL)?

Edited by Shadowomega1, 16 January 2019 - 08:05 PM.

#87 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

Regardless if it is the same chjassis we know it can fit a 400 rated engine.

Well I happen to own one and like it, thank you very much. Also own an Spirit Bear and use XL400. There is plenty oif tonnage for weapons, even maxing LRMS70 for example and adding two heavby large lasers. Also the executioner is pretty good for Solaris since the arm mounted weapons can kill enemy legs with dual LBX20, and the MASC allows you to circle them and kill their back.

Edited by NimoStar, 16 January 2019 - 08:11 PM.

#88 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

View PostNimoStar, on 16 January 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

Regardless if it is the same chjassis we know it can fit a 400 rated engine.

Well I happen to own one and like it, thank you very much. Also own an Spirit Bear and use XL400. There is plenty oif tonnage for weapons, even maxing LRMS70 for example and adding two heavby large lasers. Also the executioner is pretty good for Solaris since the arm mounted weapons can kill enemy legs with dual LBX20, and the MASC allows you to circle them and kill their back.

Go look at the Hellfire 1 what is its max engine? Then go look at the Hellfire 2 what is its max engine? Go Look at the Marauder IIc what is its max engine? Go look at the Marauder IIc-D what is its Max Engine?

Equipping the Spirit Bear with LRMs I should slap you across the back of the head.

Posted Image

#89 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:07 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 16 January 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

Read it again, Standard Engine with no listing of rating on the MAD II BH.

"This version is built with Clan technology similar to the Marauder II C. It uses a standard Fusion Engine with sixteen tons of Ferro Fibrous armor and Endo Steel internal structure. It is armed with an ER PPC and two Medium Pulse Lasers in each arm. A Gauss Rifle sits in the right torso with two tons of ammunition, and a Targeting Computer is in the left torso for increased accuracy. It has a Clan-tech CASE system to protect the Gauss Rifle, and can jump 90 meters at a time. BV (1.0) = 3,305 BV (2.0) = 3,767"

Interstellar Players indicates its a 300 rated standard

#90 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:09 PM

Go look at published variants of marauder II what is the max engine that appears?

And LRM70 with spirit bear is very effective, MASC and XL400 can get you into optimal range fast and out of the blind spot easily. 800 damage is common, specially with the recent mobility boost.

I don't get why oppossing higher engine cap if you think it will not be used to be practical anyways...
It may not be the more practical for an IS mech perhaps, but people deserve to have the options specially since no other IS 100-tonner has it and there is ewnough lore precedent to justify it.

I mean we got an unnecessary dark era variant with ECM and stealth armor but not an xl-400 variant which is actually in the timeline?

Edited by NimoStar, 16 January 2019 - 09:11 PM.

#91 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:27 PM

View PostCycKath, on 16 January 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

Interstellar Players indicates its a 300 rated standard

Thank you.

View PostNimoStar, on 16 January 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

Go look at published variants of marauder II what is the max engine that appears?

And LRM70 with spirit bear is very effective, MASC and XL400 can get you into optimal range fast and out of the blind spot easily. 800 damage is common, specially with the recent mobility boost.

I don't get why oppossing higher engine cap if you think it will not be used to be practical anyways...
It may not be the more practical for an IS mech perhaps, but people deserve to have the options specially since no other IS 100-tonner has it and there is ewnough lore precedent to justify it.

I mean we got an unnecessary dark era variant with ECM and stealth armor but not an xl-400 variant which is actually in the timeline?

LRMs on a mech designed for brawling is just a waste of a mech.

Dark Age Era config but Civil war era tech.

I will repeat again that 1 Marauder II C is a clan build with a clan XL 400, what don't you understand about that? Using it as an example for an IS 400 rated is terrible as it is custom design for a clan merc group spying on the Inner Sphere using clan parts.

Edited by Shadowomega1, 16 January 2019 - 09:28 PM.

#92 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:35 PM

LRMs on a mech designed for brawling is just a waste of a mech.

Who says "designed for brawling", it doesn't even have armor quirks at all, or structure ones; but DOES have mobility and massive missile space and tonnage... ; i say thus "designed for lurming" ;)

as it is custom design for a clan merc group spying on the Inner Sphere using clan parts.

The whole Marauder II is that.
It never says that the XL engine is Clan, I don't have access to the loadout anyways, but in any case clan XL engines and IS XL engines weight exactly the same.

In 3010 officers of the famous Wolf's Dragoons mercenary unit contracted with Blackwell Industries of New Valencia on the project of modifying the highly successful 75-ton Marauder into a 100-ton assault 'Mech.

(Wolf's dragoons actually was clan wolf)

#93 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

View PostNimoStar, on 16 January 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

Who says "designed for brawling", it doesn't even have armor quirks at all, or structure ones; but DOES have mobility and massive missile space and tonnage... ; i say thus "designed for lurming" Posted Image

The whole Marauder II is that.
It never says that the XL engine is Clan, I don't have access to the loadout anyways, but in any case clan XL engines and IS XL engines weight exactly the same.

(Wolf's dragoons actually was clan wolf)

Lets see the first one is simple the mech's lore . As well as the baseline build which runs UACs and Streaks, while having MASC to close that gap to rip and tear.

The second one
"Not to be confused with the Marauder IIC, the Marauder II C is a variant specially built for Wolf's Dragoons using Clan technology. The 'Mech is powered by a 400 rated XL Engine, which gives it a maximum speed of 64.8 km/h, matching the original Marauder. Additionally, the 'Mech is armed with two ER PPC's, two ER Medium Lasers, and an LB-X Autocannon/10. Finally, the Marauder II C has excellent mobility provided by its jump jets with a jumping distance of one hundred and twenty meters." Also IS XL is 20% larger than the Clan XL 12 crits vs 10 crits.

The third one, What was Wolf Dragoon's Mission in the Inner Sphere? Pose as a merc unit to spy on the houses of the Inner Sphere. So yea, I am fully aware of what clan they are from.

#94 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:24 AM

View PostNimoStar, on 16 January 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

What does IS have? . . .

Atlas Boars Head

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users