Jump to content

Did Everyone Give Up On Div 6?


63 replies to this topic

#1 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:08 PM

I drop in DIV 6 exclusively and recently, I have only been able to get one or two matches a day / night and most of those matches were against players who's stats were not even close to mine and of course the battles were very one-sided (to my favor). I did get one good matchup recently and I won by the narrowest of margins which is how it should be.

#2 Surn

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 946 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

What loadout do you like?

I played a centurian for a while, then a huncy..just can't find something that I like.

#3 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

View PostSurn, on 10 May 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

What loadout do you like?

I played a centurian for a while, then a huncy..just can't find something that I like.


I play my Centurion AH and have done well with it, but I did try a Phoenix Hawk for a couple matches. The Pheonix Hawk runs too hot for my taste, even though the hit boxes are broken and the hit-reg is questionable, which makes it far more durable than it should be.

From my experience the best players in DIV 6 play either Centurions or Phoenix Hawks, with the occasional exceptional Hunchback pilot. Really any of the other Mechs in DIV 6 are pretty much easy prey, although a skilled MechWarrior can still win sometimes with one of the less viable Mechs.

#4 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

Alright, tonight I actually got three matches in. The first match went badly, because I was not warmed up. The second match started out well but I made the noob mistake of overheating and the Pheonix Hawk shot my legs off (cheap, but effective). The last match was a little one-sided, because my opponent was pretty new to DIV 6 and had a horrible build, so I won that one.

#5 Pain G0D

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:37 PM

I live in Div 3 because my favorite mechs are there .Posted Image

#6 Surn

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 946 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:03 AM

Div 3 has my favorite mech also, but it can't take down most high dps King Crabs.

It was originally a joke build Roughneck, slow 4ac5. Meant to be a cheap Mauler back when they ruled. However, it is a surprisingly effective weapon.
.

#7 Monkey Lover

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,327 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:31 AM

I will play in 3 to 7. But I bet you the hawks running around legging people are the main reason people quit the div 6.

#8 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:38 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 11 May 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

I will play in 3 to 7. But I bet you the hawks running around legging people are the main reason people quit the div 6.


True, I believe that if the Phoenix Hawks and the Dark Death were moved up to DIV 5, DIV 6 would be allot better. Both of those Mechs have small / overlapping / broken hitboxes and allow them to take far more damage than they should be able to, which gives them a huge advantage over all of the other Mechs in DIV 6. Really, I rarely see a Phoenix Hawk pilot win by skill, it is usually just because their Mech can shrug off more damage than other Mechs in the division.

Also, they should probably put the Yen Lo Wang in DIV 6, because it is not much different than a Centurion AH.

Edited by Ed Steele, 11 May 2018 - 03:39 PM.


#9 Monkey Lover

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,327 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 11 May 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:


True, I believe that if the Phoenix Hawks and the Dark Death were moved up to DIV 5, DIV 6 would be allot better. Both of those Mechs have small / overlapping / broken hitboxes and allow them to take far more damage than they should be able to, which gives them a huge advantage over all of the other Mechs in DIV 6. Really, I rarely see a Phoenix Hawk pilot win by skill, it is usually just because their Mech can shrug off more damage than other Mechs in the division.

Also, they should probably put the Yen Lo Wang in DIV 6, because it is not much different than a Centurion AH.


I just checked the patch notes sounds like a few mechs will be getting moved around. We will have to see what happens. If not now maybe next season.

#10 Monkey Lover

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,327 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:06 PM

PXH-1K is going to div 5 :P per paul in the patch notes comments.

#11 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:06 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 11 May 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

PXH-1K is going to div 5 Posted Image per paul in the patch notes comments.


Good, the only other thing that needs to go is the Dark Death. Also the Osiris needs to go to DIV 7. At least now there will be more honorable fights in DIV 6 and less SPL boat 1Ks shooting legs.

Edited by Ed Steele, 11 May 2018 - 10:12 PM.


#12 El Bandito

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:41 AM

I will play Div 6 more post patch, cause stupid 8 SPL Phoenix Hawk is finally moving up to Div 5. As I do not want to buy PHX-1K myself--cause I have no use for it in QP and FP--I am glad that it is gone. Comp players in PHX-1K, with their CT only aim was one thing I couldn't overcome in Div 6.

Edited by El Bandito, 12 May 2018 - 04:42 AM.


#13 VXJaeger

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

I'll start playing D6 again after the patch, when that annoying PXH is gone.
And I still haven't finished Battletech, and it takes a few days more.

#14 Thorn Hallis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:35 AM

Div 5 is going to be interesting without the CTF-4X.

#15 KingCobra

    Clone

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,532 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:45 AM

The way S7 divisions are set up is just totally stupid we had one great Solaris 7 League called VL=Vengeance League in MW3-MW4.

It only had 4 divisions
Assaults Vs Assaults
Heavy's Vs Heavy's
Medium Vs Mediums
Lights Vs Lights

But you could bring any mech from those classes you wanted as long as you owned it and it was in your mechbay.

The divisions were much more fun and challenging and balanced to play in VL than what S7 is right now and much more diverse on loadouts.

Until PGI changes S7 to this format above I will stick to QP and FP if its fixed.

P.S At the end of each division season 3 months the top 20 players went to a championship with prizes given to the top 2 winners in each division as well.

Edited by KingCobra, 12 May 2018 - 06:52 AM.


#16 Surn

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 946 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:09 AM

Div 6, bought a phk and legged some poor guy in a match.

Div 1, bought 3 mechs and built the metas which has allowed me to break past 1810 ELO. Had some good fights while I tweeked the ac2 boat, but now it is a truly OP mech.

I have to say again we need to ditch ELO for RPI. ELO is discouraging people from playing and it makes testing new mechs impossibly painful.

For instance, why would I lose 21 ELO in an Artic Wolf that is completely untested as if I were in an ANH meta config with many games under my belt?

Edited by Surn, 12 May 2018 - 07:12 AM.


#17 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:23 AM

View PostSurn, on 12 May 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

Div 6, bought a phk and legged some poor guy in a match.

Div 1, bought 3 mechs and built the metas which has allowed me to break past 1810 ELO. Had some good fights while I tweeked the ac2 boat, but now it is a truly OP mech.

I have to say again we need to ditch ELO for RPI. ELO is discouraging people from playing and it makes testing new mechs impossibly painful.

For instance, why would I lose 21 ELO in an Artic Wolf that is completely untested as if I were in an ANH meta config with many games under my belt?


ELO works fine as long as there are enough people in the queue, if not you get wildly mismatched skill levels. And the whole point of having divisions is to make for better fights, rather than just have one cookie-cutter Mech that dominates. And before anyone says that my Centurion AH is "cookie-cutter", I have had the same build on it (except for the light engine) since I got the Mech as a Loyalty reward long before Solaris existed in MWO. Also, it is really easy to kill a Centurion, especially one with a Mechwarrior who does not know how to use the shield arm.

#18 El Bandito

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 12 May 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

ELO works fine as long as there are enough people in the queue, if not you get wildly mismatched skill levels. And the whole point of having divisions is to make for better fights, rather than just have one cookie-cutter Mech that dominates. And before anyone says that my Centurion AH is "cookie-cutter", I have had the same build on it (except for the light engine) since I got the Mech as a Loyalty reward long before Solaris existed in MWO. Also, it is really easy to kill a Centurion, especially one with a Mechwarrior who does not know how to use the shield arm.


Can't shield that big head anyway. :D

#19 Surn

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 946 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 12 May 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

ELO works fine as long as there are enough people in the queue, if not you get wildly mismatched skill levels. And the whole point of having divisions is to make for better fights, rather than just have one cookie-cutter Mech that dominates. And before anyone says that my Centurion AH is "cookie-cutter", I have had the same build on it (except for the light engine) since I got the Mech as a Loyalty reward long before Solaris existed in MWO. Also, it is really easy to kill a Centurion, especially one with a Mechwarrior who does not know how to use the shield arm.


The queues are not full and partially because high ELO players are afraid to lose. RPI is better.

#20 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

View PostSurn, on 12 May 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:


The queues are not full and partially because high ELO players are afraid to lose. RPI is better.


I am mid almost high ELO, just because I don't alpha legs like all the other cheeseballs, I guess I should if I want to advance.

Seriously though, DIV 6 seems a bit more active since I have started this thread and I have had some worthy opponents (except the legging cheeseballs).





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users