#61 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:28 PM

View PostRed-Mattila, on 04 July 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

They have the event now but the problem is that the casual players won't even touch anything that isn't quick play because they're tired of getting stomped. So while the population has increased (not much though) in Solaris it's only veteran players who are farming for the event and they're smart so 90 percent of them us metas build so you still end up with one or two mechs ruling their divisions

The biggest problem with 1v1 is the difference in Ping, so if someone is on Cable Internet, or playing on a server that is not the closest to them, then they will almost always lose to the person with the lowest ping.

#62 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:48 PM

Ping does not decide games under 250 or even 300

#63 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:06 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 07 July 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

I had a mirror match (Centurion vs Centurion, same loadouts) on the Euro server where I had 200ms ping and my opponent had 15ms ping. We we're both cored in the CT and we both faced each other and fired, probably as close to simultaneously as possible, and I died. Really, both of us should have died, but in MWO, your shots do not continue on to their target once you are dead, even if they have already left the barrel (which makes no sense to me). I can tell you that ping does matter in 1v1 games where many games are decided by one shot.

#64 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:51 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 07 July 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

I agree in general cause skill difference is most important. However, lower ping does indeed hold advantage when the matches are close. A couple of times I lost close fights because even though both players peeked at the same time with red CT, the opponents' projectiles got to me first due to 150+ ping difference. That's .15 second of reaction time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users